Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He is gone and I still don’t really care if he stayed either way.

The man just overthinks it
That is how I feel. I just didn't want to overpay. He didn't get too much $ but 7 years...nope.

Playoff performer Jake is one of the biggest myth since the end of playoffs. Wasn't there already a poster who dismissed this claim?
Yes, there was. Jake did well this playoff season, but had they gone on past round 2 who knows. Plus, clearly you have to look at more than one season of playoffs.

I wish Jake the best but am not sad he moved on. Seems like his plan was to go.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Playoff performer Jake is one of the biggest myth since the end of playoffs. Wasn't there already a poster who dismissed this claim?
The way Jake played in the playoffs is how I expect an elite player to play during the regular season.

In the playoffs, Debrusk didn't have another gear to carrry the team on his back. Sometime's during the playoffs you need that type of performance (see NYR's Chris Kreider for example).
I just didn't see it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Is it really a question that C is more important than RW? Seems pretty obvious. I agree with certain criticisms of Sweeney but I'm glad he made the decision to get Lindholm at the expense of Debrusk. He upgraded at C and at wing (Zacha > Debrusk).

There's certainly a hole in the 2RW spot right now, but it's a much easier and cheaper spot to fill at the trade deadline than getting a top 6 C.
Generally speaking sure. But here's the rub. How effective will that 2C be playing with bottom 6 guys slotting up? It's not just that they filled the hole at C, there is now a new hole at RW and the question is really how does that impact the overall performance? Love him or hate him, JDB still put up 46 goals in that spot over the last 2 years.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Willing to bet that contract ends up great when all said and done.

At this point of DeBrusk's career, the Bruin's developed one hell of an all round player, with potential for some serious future production. Unfortunately, another team is going to get the prime years of this player. Little worried he lights it up, and it takes a while for the Bruin's to find an equal or better winger than him in the foreseeable future.

But as of the end of this season, don't think the Bruin's had the chance to sign him. He'd rather have a fresh start, the Canucks came knocking, and they actually look like a better fit. Just like Lindholm seems a better fit in Boston.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'll remember him being clutch in 2019 and money. And if we had won Game 7, he'd been a hero here.

He's not Chris Kreider. But I'll say this. You would always notice him in the playoffs. The good type of notice. Effort. Speed. Those will forget how fun it was to watch him. Especially this last playoff run.

He stepped up. I'm very interested to see which Bruins takes the mantle. Especially these new players.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Generally speaking sure. But here's the rub. How effective will that 2C be playing with bottom 6 guys slotting up? It's not just that they filled the hole at C, there is now a new hole at RW and the question is really how does that impact the overall performance? Love him or hate him, JDB still put up 46 goals in that spot over the last 2 years.
Nothing changed, there was always a hole in a top 6 wing spot last year. Debrusk played both wings (ended the year at LW), so whichever wing he didn't play they had a bottom 6 guy slotting up in that spot.

Last year's top 6 wings: Pastrnak, Marchand, Debrusk, ???
This years top 6 wings: Pastrnak, Marchand, Zacha, ???

Reactions: LSCII

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I'll remember him being clutch in 2019 and money. And if we had won Game 7, he'd been a hero here.

He's not Chris Kreider. But I'll say this. You would always notice him in the playoffs. The good type of notice. Effort. Speed. Those will forget how fun it was to watch him. Especially this last playoff run.

He stepped up. I'm very interested to see which Bruins takes the mantle. Especially these new players.

a .5ppg guy is hardly a mantle Mione lol

Reactions: Alicat

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I really liked him as a player when he was engaged. When he wasn't, which was too often, I found him frustrating.

Nobody can maintain an optimal level of performance at all times, so it becomes a somewhat subjective assessment of on/off ratios. Partly why he was so polarizing here.

I think he's a good dude and I think we'll miss seeing him in a Bruins uniform, but I also think it was time for both parties to move on.

Now I think it's time for us to move on, too.
This IMO is perfectly stated and should/could be used to wrap up the thread.

Nice kid. He’s on another team. Nothing he did or does makes any difference now except maybe the one or two times we see Vancouver in the RS or if we face them in SCF within next 7 years or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad