F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
The two people you quoted are Russian posters.

By now everybody should know SKA is run by a bunch of jokers. Everything is politicized. The coach/GM is a jerk who has very little experience in high level hockey.
Why do you think Demidov spent the entire season in the MHL?
I believe Bobrov would be taken more seriously if he had connections to any other KHL team than SKA.

Let's not act like Bobrov is the only person on earth saying this stuff. Button is on record as saying he thinks that Demidov is better than Michkov. Both players are comparable in their pre draft rankings. I personally think they are both going to be great and splitting hairs is pointless at this stage of their development. They both have massive skill and potential.

Demidov:

Ranked #2 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #2 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #2 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #2 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #2 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #2 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #2 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #2 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #2 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #2 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #7 by HPR/MALLOY
Ranked #3 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by SPORTSNET/COSENTINO
Ranked #2 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #2 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #2 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #2 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Michkov:

Ranked #4 by Elite Prospects
Ranked #3 by FCHockey
Ranked #4 by TSN/Craig Button
Ranked #5 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #5 by TSN/McKenzie
Ranked #2 by NHL Central Scouting

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Crazy , because nhl scouts shared the same opinion I had on Buuim amongst many others, how come you stalk my posts and reply to all of them?

I made this comment to open a discussion with my opinion

I also don’t have time to simply post on HF all day , it’s not hiding, Mr. 38k posts
still a ridiculous take. baseless and some pretty obvious baiting.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018

Same size, draft position, production, and stylistically more similar than people will admit.

Demidov could pan out and be a solid goal scorer, but I just see him trying to do too much and can’t see it working w less time and space

• Haha
Reactions: Flynn84 and bud12

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

Same size, draft position, production, and stylistically more similar than people will admit.

Demidov could pan out and be a solid goal scorer, but I just see him trying to do too much and can’t see it working w less time and space
Filatov had major attitude issues and I know from a sure source that a few team had him on their no draft list, which is not Demidov case obviously

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Filatov had major attitude issues and I know from a sure source that a few team had him on their no draft list, which is not Demidov case obviously
Interesting, I’ll take a deeper dive and do some research.

I remember him having a proclivity towards attempting to “take over the game” and not being successful in NA, which is something I notice with Demidov at times , not sure how well it will translate. Don’t get me wrong, he’s skilled, but unsure how well he will adapt.

Reactions: Maitz

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Alain Chainey ex Ducks scout, said on TVA Sports that Filatov have been his worst interview ever.

Hughes said Demidov best interview.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Filatov was more of a goal scorer than anything and was completely full of himself.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I remember him having a proclivity towards attempting to “take over the game” and not being successful in NA, which is something I notice with Demidov at times , not sure how well it will translate. Don’t get me wrong, he’s skilled, but unsure how well he will adapt.
Interesting, I just compared a prospect that I know nothing about to a former prospect I know nothing about

Interesting

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Filatov could have been an insanely good player, but his attitude was a mess on and off the ice. In recent years he's talked about his arrogance and misgivings while in the NHL. Says he just wasn't mature enough to handle any of it.

He's currently the VP of Operations for a team in the NMHL (Russian junior 2 division)

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

I totally agree with that, as high as his talent is, he is not playing against a strong competition and we don't know if his game will translate to NA

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I remember him having a proclivity towards attempting to “take over the game” and not being successful in NA, which is something I notice with Demidov at times , not sure how well it will translate.

This is very reductive.

Filatov was basically Russia's Alexandre Daigle. Perfectly talented, but distracted by too many things to concentrate on being great at hockey.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

So let's grab a random skilled failed Russian player, back ages ago, and compare him to Demidov to try and prove a point. Ummm ok. Cool.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Filatov had gambling problems in NA. He admitted later that at one point he cared more about gambling than hockey.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
The two people you quoted are Russian posters.

By now everybody should know SKA is run by a bunch of jokers. Everything is politicized. The coach/GM is a jerk who has very little experience in high level hockey.
Why do you think Demidov spent the entire season in the MHL?
I believe Bobrov would be taken more seriously if he had connections to any other KHL team than SKA.
But he literally visited Demidov in person several times and stayed with his family. Sure, SKA may not be the model team but what does that have to do with the player?

Let's not act like Bobrov is the only person on earth saying this stuff. Button is on record as saying he thinks that Demidov is better than Michkov. Both players are comparable in their pre draft rankings. I personally think they are both going to be great and splitting hairs is pointless at this stage of their development. They both have massive skill and potential.

Demidov:

Ranked #2 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #2 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #2 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #2 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #2 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #2 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #2 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #2 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #2 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #2 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #7 by HPR/MALLOY
Ranked #3 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by SPORTSNET/COSENTINO
Ranked #2 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #2 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #2 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #2 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Michkov:

Ranked #4 by Elite Prospects
Ranked #3 by FCHockey
Ranked #4 by TSN/Craig Button
Ranked #5 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #5 by TSN/McKenzie
Ranked #2 by NHL Central Scouting
The 2023 draft had better forwards at the top, it would be interesting to see where Michkov would have ranked in this draft.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Interesting, I just compared a prospect that I know nothing about to a former prospect I know nothing about

Interesting
He's just trolling. Can't take opinions from him seriously.

Demidov is a very, very good prospect with projectable skills and a great attitude. He's not a surefire superstar, but is anyone truly?

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
But he literally visited Demidov in person several times and stayed with his family. Sure, SKA may not be the model team but what does that have to do with the player?

The 2023 draft had better forwards at the top, it would be interesting to see where Michkov would have ranked in this draft.

Michkov and Demidov would be #2 or #3 depending on team need. Michkov is the better sniper and goal scorer and Demidov is the better facilitator.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Lol, you just aren’t getting it. Yes, as prospects, they were 1st overall talents. You’re looking at those guys with the benefit of hindsight. You really don’t understand how flawed the logic is there? Look at them as prospects. Prospects like those would go high, if not number one in nearly every draft, except maybe Phillips and Stefan, which makes sense because those are probably the two weakest drafts of all time. Players can bust or disappoint due any number of factors - you can’t just look back with hindsight and say they were never 1st overall talents 😂

Yakupov: ~50 g, 100+ point pace, blazing speed, slick hands, ridiculous shot, insane motor and relentless in puck pursuit. He was the consensus number one prospect. A player like that is going top 5 in ANY year, if not number one.

Erik Johnson: 6’6”, 220 lb smooth skating two-way beast, above 1.0p/gp in the USNTDP, mean, nasty, and physical. A player like that is going number one in plenty of other years. He was really no different than a guy like Owen Power. An injury in his draft year muddied the waters a bit, but STL took the bet anyway and I don’t blame them. It didn’t work out as well as they hoped, but injuries played a huge part in that. Most teams take that bet; dude was a unicorn with everything you could want in a prospect.

Rick DiPietro: there was a trend around that time of goalies being drafted high. With the benefit of hindsight, teams are now hesitant to do that because it most often didn’t work out. He was also wrecked by injuries and never hit his full potential. This one’s kind of an N/A. Different era.

Bryan Berard: a 1.29 p/gp two-way defenseman, won rookie of the year, was OHL first all star team, and led his team to an OHL championship, putting up 24 points in 21 playoff games. A player like that is going number one in most years. A devastating eye injury derailed and shortened his NHL career.

Alexander Daigle: I don’t even need to go into this one too much. He was a generational prospect on par with a guy like Bedard. A prospect like this is going 1st overall in all but a handful of years out of the last 30+ years since.

Doug Wickenheiser: 170 points, 89 goals in 71 WHL games lmao. Dude was a phenom, and one of the best prospects ever seen up to that point. But you with your magical hindsight expertise would’ve known not to take him and all these other guys, right? “Not a 1st overall talent” 😂
I love you.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Once he gets around Slick Nick and some of the coaching staff there like MSL, Lecavlier, Gorton, and company, He will fit right in and become a solid strong smart player. They got this pick right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad