F Gavin McKenna - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Gavin McKenna is a perfect hockey name. Because Gavin (Jordan) is also great and McKenna is going to be even better! :)

And now seriously, this 2026 draft is going to be awesome for Canada. I've it 1. McKenna 2. Roobroeck 3. Kosick but they all three seem to be exceptional. And three exceptional players from one country in one draft? Wow.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Gavin McKenna is a perfect hockey name. Because Gavin (Jordan) is also great and McKenna is going to be even better! :)

And now seriously, this 2026 draft is going to be awesome for Canada. I've it 1. McKenna 2. Roobroeck 3. Kosick but they all three seem to be exceptional. And three exceptional players from one country in one draft? Wow.
Maybe 4. Rozzi does something exceptional in Quebec for an U15 player

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His team's record : 4 wins 1 OTL so far this season.

34 goals for, 9 against. With just 38 penalty minutes
(fewest of the entire league)

The league leaders PCHA U18, who are 6-0-0-0. have 128 penalty minutes.
41-18 goals for and against.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He may not be an exceptional status level player - but he deserves to be in the WHL full time. Hopefully the Tigers can get him more than the 5 they’re allowed.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
He may not be an exceptional status level player - but he deserves to be in the WHL full time. Hopefully the Tigers can get him more than the 5 they’re allowed.
If he's not exceptional, he has to be damn close. Pacing at over 3.15 ppg in a U-18 league (only 7 games I know), and he's still only 14 until late December. For context, Savoie had 2.36 ppg in his 15-year old season, and he turned 16 in January of that season.

Reactions: Bubbles

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He's definitely better than Veleno or Day were, and you could definitely argue he is on par with Ekblad and Wright.

I know the sample size is very small , but to be good enough to put up a 4 pts debut is pretty outstanding at 14.

I think the fact he's a Dec bday probably factored into why he didn't (to my knowledge) apply and will still have 3 full years in the whl along with some AP time this year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If he's not exceptional, he has to be damn close. Pacing at over 3.15 ppg in a U-18 league (only 7 games I know), and he's still only 14 until late December. For context, Savoie had 2.36 ppg in his 15-year old season, and he turned 16 in January of that season.
And there was legit talk that Savoie could get ES at the time IIRC

Reactions: wetcoast

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
And there was legit talk that Savoie could get ES at the time IIRC

Savoie is born on Jan 1 and missed the cut off by 1 day to be eligible anyway. He was able to AP until his season ended, and so long as his season ended and he was 16, there was no limit on the games he could play. McKenna is still 14, and 11.5+ months younger at the same stage as Savoie was.

But yes, there was talk leading up to his rejection that Savoie was going to be full out approved to play a year early. They gave it to Wright and rejected Savoie. HC is still yet to approve 2 players in one season, and seems to have an unofficial rule against granting more than 1.

It was probably the right call anyway, Savoie certainly didn't rip the W (0+7 in 22 games) and was injured by a massive hit during the year.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
super gifted player nevertheless

26 points in 8 games, when you count that 1 game in the WHL
(also 4 points in the pre season in the WHL)

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Savoie is born on Jan 1 and missed the cut off by 1 day to be eligible anyway. He was able to AP until his season ended, and so long as his season ended and he was 16, there was no limit on the games he could play. McKenna is still 14, and 11.5+ months younger at the same stage as Savoie was.

But yes, there was talk leading up to his rejection that Savoie was going to be full out approved to play a year early. They gave it to Wright and rejected Savoie. HC is still yet to approve 2 players in one season, and seems to have an unofficial rule against granting more than 1.

It was probably the right call anyway, Savoie certainly didn't rip the W (0+7 in 22 games) and was injured by a massive hit during the year.

They didn't give it to Savoie because he was unwilling to play for certain teams in the WHL. He also kind of threatened to leave for the USHL. Nothing to do with an unwritten rule.

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
It’s hard to gauge his stats considering he has 7G & 6A in 2 games where his team win 18-1 and 15-2 and has 2G & 7A in the other 5 games against tougher comp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad