F Frans Karjalahti - HIFK U15 Juniors (2028 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
This guy probably hasn’t begun High School yet and you are sure he’s going to be drafted?

Seems a little premature.
Karjalahti drafted in 2028 ? I would bet all my assets to double the stake in peace if I could.

For sure. He would have to have a life accident (death, amputation) for this not to be the case.

What would be premature is to make it a top 10. Only Schultz can be advanced like that. I had the same feeling about Fantilli or Catton (I saw them top 10 at 14) and Schultz is above them. I even see it as a top 5 out of.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Karjalahti drafted in 2028 ? I would bet all my assets to double the stake in peace if I could.

For sure. He would have to have a life accident (death, amputation) for this not to be the case.
Not exactly.

He’s 5’8. Start there. If he doesn’t grow much taller his chances of getting drafted rely on being a dominant scorer. Some people physically grow earlier than others.

Then you have situations where some players don’t improve from year to year. There are so many players when they were 14 years old that are starting to get talked about that by the time they are 18 they are complete afterthoughts.

Then you have situations where not every player who should be drafted is. You are only a sure thing to be drafted if you are a projected top two round player.

There’s a lot of reasons to suggest it’s way too early unless what he shows on the ice is prodigal.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Not exactly.

He’s 5’8. Start there. If he doesn’t grow much taller his chances of getting drafted rely on being a dominant scorer. Some people physically grow earlier than others.

Then you have situations where some players don’t improve from year to year. There are so many players when they were 14 years old that are starting to get talked about that by the time they are 18 they are complete afterthoughts.

Then you have situations where not every player who should be drafted is. You are only a sure thing to be drafted if you are a projected top two round player.

There’s a lot of reasons to suggest it’s way too early unless what he shows on the ice is prodigal.
176cm so 5.9 at 14.

He will easily measure over 180cm.

He has excellent references, a linear progression curve, no red flags.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
176cm so 5.9 at 14.

He will easily measure over 180cm.

He has excellent references, a linear progression curve, no red flags.

Leevi Aaltonen is a good recent example. Was 5.9 at 14 and was one the best players at that age I've ever seen.

He is now 23 and still the same size. Playing in a 4th line role in Liiga.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Leevi Aaltonen is a good recent example. Was 5.9 at 14 and was one the best players at that age I've ever seen.

Karjalahti has still physically evolved a lot compared to last year and the year before. I don't think his growth is over.

Leevi Aaltonen was drafted so not really an example to contradict my assurance that Karjalahti will be drafted.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

For Aaltonen it's not about the size, though. It's that he stopped developing and completely lost his offensive ability.

There have been tiny players in Liiga that are more than capable. Take Iikka Kangasniemi, for example. Guy is 5'7 and 163lbs.

Karjalahti

Aug 14, 2021
FRANS KARJALAHTI, 9 2+13= 15
Arttu Ruotsalainen, 8 4+8= 12
Viljo Kähkönen, 10 5+5= 10
Jesse Puljujärvi, 8 4+6= 10

Good work Mr. Worst Prospect Ever! You made a D-5 playoffs record! Well, he played only against the worst U16 teams in the Finland. They didn't have even players and games ended 50-0. It was just a luck for getting those points. I have learned this from hfboards professional scouts.

Same professionals teached that 180cm 14 years old is too small to be picked in 2028 as 18 years old. Can't even imagine how Bedard got picked in first round, he wasn't even 180cm at 18 years old. Should be at least 200cm as a 13 years old!

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018

Good work Mr. Worst Prospect Ever! You made a D-5 playoffs record! Well, he played only against the worst U16 teams in the Finland. They didn't have even players and games ended 50-0. It was just a luck for getting those points. I have learned this from hfboards professional scouts.

Same professionals teached that 180cm 14 years old is too small to be picked in 2028 as 18 years old. Can't even imagine how Bedard got picked in first round, he wasn't even 180cm at 18 years old. Should be at least 200cm as a 13 years old!
How are you so salty over a literal 14-year old child?

Reactions: Shark Finn

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Dad, you have to stop being offended over random people on the internet.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England

Are you his dad?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not sure who said he's the worst prospect ever. But I hope you realize the issue with those stats.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Oh man I hope Finns have learned their lesson by now about declaring that they have the next coming of Gretzky at 13……
I mean there is way less Finns hyping up any Finnish players so people outside of Finland don't know anything about them. All people bashing Finnish players is the reaosn why no Finn wants to do it anymore.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I mean there is way less Finns hyping up any Finnish players so people outside of Finland don't know anything about them. All people bashing Finnish players is the reaosn why no Finn wants to do it anymore.
I don’t blame them, they haven’t been right on one player yet

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Oh man I hope Finns have learned their lesson by now about declaring that they have the next coming of Gretzky at 13……
Are you any better tho? You seem to appear on every finnish prospect thread spewing the same shit about finnish posters and our prospects. Get over it dude.

Reactions: Svedu and FinPanda

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Are you any better tho? You seem to appear on every finnish prospect thread spewing the same shit about finnish posters and our prospects. Get over it dude.
Every thread? No just the one where I was told Kakko was a lock for 90+ pts as an 18 year old rookie and the one where I was told Kiviharju was the best dman prospect in the history of the sport. That is word for word what was being said. My advice?? Temper the expectations a bit

• Haha
Reactions: Mathieukferland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad