F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Svech relies a lot on physically dominating weaker competition in a way that won’t be as feasible in the NHL. Zadina relies more on hockey IQ which is more translatable.

That's an interesting view. I've heard other say that Svech is a more complete player, a better skater with much better speed and scores in many different ways so it's more translatable to the NHL. I'm not saying either view is right or wrong, but it's interesting how people view what is and isn't translatable.

Reactions: Ookhaab

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
In 8 years of watching him play I have never seen him dangle past an NHL player.

One of the worst set of mitts in the league
not many NHL'ers "dangle" guys one on one. But Patch does his work from within 10 feet of the net pretty effectively. How else would you explain his high goal totals? He has a good set of hands.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
not many NHL'ers "dangle" guys one on one. But Patch does his work from within 10 feet of the net pretty effectively. How else would you explain his high goal totals? He has a good set of hands.
Because he has a great shot and great speed to burn defenders on the rush?

A lot of NHLers dangle guys one on one, just look at the top 50 goals of the year any given season. Trust me, Max is a great goal scorer but really a poor puck handler, any Habs fan will tell you that.

beanmachine

Apr 14, 2018

A lot of NHLers dangle guys one on one, just look at the top 50 goals of the year any given season. Trust me, Max is a great goal scorer but really a poor puck handler, any Habs fan will tell you that.
he had that one dangle in overtime last season i forget who against but even that was a little choppy lol love the guy but he rarely goes for dekes in any situation

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

You have to have good hands to score the goals Patch scores. Having good hands doesn't mean your necessarily dangling guys.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal

Terrible hands lol. Case closed

Reactions: Acadien86

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Any chance Carolina takes Zadina?

Yes, but its unlikely.

Reasons for Carolina to take Zadina instead of Svechnikov:

- Zadina has shown great chemistry with Necas in the world junior. So playing them together in the nhl could be enticing.
- There were rumors Svechnikov was 20 years old.
- Russians leaving for the khl is always a concern. Although I doubt Svech will do that considering he played the last few years in NA.
- The last time Carolina drafted a russian was 17 years ago
- Zadina has the intangibles. He has been praised for his character. I don't think that's the case for Svechnikov.
- Scouts seem to value world junior performance a lot. Zadina dominated, Svechnikov did not.

If Carolina feels that the difference between Svechnikov and Zadina is small, then I can see them going with Zadina because of what I said above.
If they think Svechnikov is much better than Zadina, then they will take Svechnikov.

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Yes, but its unlikely.

- Zadina has shown great chemistry with Necas in the world junior. So playing them together in the nhl could be enticing.
- Russians leaving for the khl is always a concern. Although I doubt Svech will do that considering he played the last few years in NA.
- Zadina has the intangibles. He has been praised for his character. I don't think that's the case for Svechnikov.
- Scouts seem to value world junior performance a lot. Zadina dominated, Svechnikov did not.

If Carolina feels that the difference between Svechnikov and Zadina is small, then I can see them going with Zadina because of what I said above.
If they think Svechnikov is much better than Zadina, then they will take Svechnikov.

Lmao this whole post includes marginal arguments at best but that line is something else

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The threat of Russian players bolting for the KHL is real......but in the case of high end players, not likely.

I doubt that Svech would bolt if he's a star. If he develops into a 70-80 point player, he's looking at several million dollar contracts down the line. Even with Quebec taxes, that's a lot of money that few KHL teams can afford.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes, but its unlikely.

Either way, those two appear to be "sure bets" so I don't care.

Reactions: Acadien86

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Yes, but its unlikely.

jesus, thank god it's not 30

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
he had that one dangle in overtime last season i forget who against but even that was a little choppy lol love the guy but he rarely goes for dekes in any situation
A little choppy? Looked like a blindman trying to carve a roast with a spoon

Max is one of the worst stick-handlers in the league, he's got a great shot and wheels (that he doesn't use often enough) that's about it, problem lately is he's had nobody to get him the puck Ala Radulov, PK, even little Davey. He's also one of the worst passers on the team - especially when given time and space

Zadina looks to have just as good a shot but superior talents in all other categories expect skating which he can work on

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Instead of unlikely should have used bull**** in a post full of standard russia bs. I can see how habs fans would like to see canes take zadina so they can get svechnikov tho:thumbu:

You understand the meaning of unlikely right? There is a chance the Canes take Zadina, albeit a very small one. Wanting the Habs to get Svechnikov is irrelevant to that fact.

I would say the reasons he gave are somewhat factors, except for the 2 based on nationality and the age rumour. I don't think those are factors at all.

Obviously the arguments to take Zadina over Svechnikov aren't strong. He never said they were. If the arguments were strong, then the chances the Canes take Zadina over Svechnikov would be a lot better than 'unlikely'.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Yes, but its unlikely.

lol at this hit piece aimed to convince yourself that the Canes will pass on the obvious guy.

20 years old? He has an older brother that was drafted by Detroit.
Fictional character concerns? Literally everything I’ve ever read about him has been positive from a character standpoint. Takes some mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise. Show us the supporting evidence to your concerns.
WJC? Russia is far more talented and Svechnikov played 4th line minutes. Zadina was on the 1st line next to a top-5 C prospect in Necas. Even so Svechnikov had 5 Points in 5 GP compared to Zadina’s 8 points in 7 GP. Both ppg.

All of your negatives are just tired old Russian prospect stereotypes. Unfair considering Svechnikov has been in the US for years.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
lol at this hit piece aimed to convince yourself that the Canes will pass on the obvious guy.

20 years old? He has an older brother that was drafted by Detroit.
Fictional character concerns? Literally everything I’ve ever read about him has been positive from a character standpoint. Takes some mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise. Show us the supporting evidence to your concerns.
WJC? Russia is far more talented and Svechnikov played 4th line minutes. Zadina was on the 1st line next to a top-5 C prospect in Necas. Even so Svechnikov had 5 Points in 5 GP compared to Zadina’s 8 points in 7 GP. Both ppg.

All of your negatives are just tired old Russian prospect stereotypes. Unfair considering Svechnikov has been in the US for years.

Geez, I literally wrote in the 1st line that its unlikely carolina passes on svechnikov. Dont need to get so defensive...

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't know why people keep saying Svechnikov has a better shot they Zadina, that's just not true. Zadina's shot is absolutely lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad