F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bad news Montreal fans....he's a Max Pacioretty clone

Other than the ability to score goals, they are pretty different.
Pacioretty is a fast skater, Zadina is average
Pacioretty is a bad playmaker, Zadina is pretty good at creating plays
Pacioretty doesn't have the hands, Zadina has probably the bests hand in the entire draft
Pacioretty is bad at protecting the puck, Zadina is a beast at it
Pacioretty doesn't have the ability to beat players 1 on 1, Zadina does

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Other than the ability to score goals, they are pretty different.
Pacioretty is a fast skater, Zadina is average
Pacioretty is a bad playmaker, Zadina is pretty good at creating plays
Pacioretty doesn't have the hands, Zadina has probably the bests hand in the entire draft
Pacioretty is bad at protecting the puck, Zadina is a beast at it
Pacioretty doesn't have the ability to beat players 1 on 1, Zadina does
I'd say Patch has a pretty good set of mitts on him. He's very good from 10 feet and in . Pretty useless otherwise.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I hope Montreal drafts Zadina. Bergevin made a comment about the player at 30A will probably be able to step right in the lineup. I hope he thinks that's Zadina
No he didn't. He said it's a possibility. He said that at 3, the player will be closer to ready than later prospects and he isn't wrong.

Reactions: Acadien86

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Zadina reminds me a lot of Dany Heatley. He's not the fasted guy on the ice but he's a stocky build. He's also extremely creative and his shot is a laser.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Really? Thats his best asset.

Look at his first goal.

I have seen a lot of him play this year in Halifax. He has a great shot I just don't think it is comparable to Boeser where the second he enters the zone he is a threat to put it in the net. Zadina scores by finding the quite spots on the ice and burying it from the circles in usually. It's not even a bad thing nescarily just when I watched Zadina score this year I never thought he looked anything like Boeser

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I just think some of the d men in the draft have a higher ceiling in terms of how important they can be for your franchise. Zadina will turn out to be a complimentary 1st line scoring winger but Boqvist Hughes and Bouchard have a chance to be top pairing D men which can push possession and control the game.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
How would you compare him to other recent Halifax top prospect?

For me it's probably like that:

Mackinnon
Drouin
Hischier
Zadina/Ehlers
Meier

Just comparing them as prospects not how they ended up (Ehlers is much better than Drouin right now)

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I just think some of the d men in the draft have a higher ceiling in terms of how important they can be for your franchise. Zadina will turn out to be a complimentary 1st line scoring winger but Boqvist Hughes and Bouchard have a chance to be top pairing D men which can push possession and control the game.

Zadina is ranked top 3 by almost everybody. Top 3 picks are not picked on team's need. Maybe tell the leafs' next GM to trade up for a top 3 pick and draft one of those defenseman you're drooling all over?

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Honestly, right now, it looks like every prospect is getting smeared. What the hell got into HF recently? Every prospect out of the top two is getting trashed on like they are borderline second rounders.

It's been the same for every draft since 2015 for some reason

"This is the weakest draft in history"

Then a year or two later the topics come up like

"Was the 20__ draft better than we thought?"

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zadina reminds me a lot of Dany Heatley. He's not the fasted guy on the ice but he's a stocky build. He's also extremely creative and his shot is a laser.
Heatley was 6'4". He was a big man.

I don't think that this is a weak draft, but there is a lot indecision about who will pan out past the 3rd pick. There are players with great strengths, but weaknesses(size, speed, IQ).

Hughes might end up being a great NHL'er, or being eaten by Bfuglyien.

Tkachuk? 1st liner? Quality bottom six player?
Will Bouchard be a top pairing, second pairing, or?

Would anybody be shocked if K'andre Miller ends up being one of the better Dmen in the draft?

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad