F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
If im Montreal i dont think im taking this guy. As much as i like him i believe that Montreal is in a position where they need to build the core of their team. Thats Centers and Defenseman. Unfortunately there are no great C options in this draft. I would say you take the D man that will improve your D core for years to come...Boqvist/Bouchard for Montreal would be smartest IMO.
You never ever draft for need with a pick that high. Zadina should absolutely be the pick as I don’t see the canes passing on Svechnikov

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Assets: A true offensive weapon from the wing position, he has great puck skills and a very quick release. Sees the ice well and is a great passer, too. Has above-average scoring upside for the National Hockey League.

Flaws: Needs to improve his overall play when he doesn't have the puck, especially in terms of defensive-zone coverage. Must also fill out his frame and get stronger physically to win more battles at the highest level.

Anyone can guess which player this Forecaster report is talking about? I'll give you a hint: it's not Zadina and he's a Calder candidate right now

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
If we had the 4th or 5th pick, I would agree. However especially when you have a top 3 pick, you take the best player available, regardless of position
i dont feel Zadina is that much better than Boqvist. I feel they are on even playing field but i would rather have the D if im picking there as a rebuilding team.

Reactions: NoQuinn

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I expect the Zadina smear campaign to be in full effect now that he’s in Montreal’s wheelhouse.

Honestly, right now, it looks like every prospect is getting smeared. What the hell got into HF recently? Every prospect out of the top two is getting trashed on like they are borderline second rounders.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Lol you think 7th rounder Otto Somppi is an elite playmaker? That line is all Zadina.
Different story once in the big leagues. The Habs have no one to orchestrate offense, not even on D; they don't even have prospects in the pipeline. Zadina wouldn't be in an ideal environment to showcase his talents and God knows how thin this team's patience is with young offensive players. For those who think that Zadina is the clear cut BPA at third, you'll find many scouts who believe Boqvist, Dobson or even Wahlstrom have superior upsides. It's not an easy decision, especially not for the Canadiens.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He just seems like a terrible fit for Montreal, i like the player but I wonder if they look at someone else. This kid is going to need to be paired with an elite centre to blossom in the NHL, Montreal doesn’t have that.

Reactions: Rielly4

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Based on what?
Pacioretty never had an elite center, but he was a consistent 35 goalscorer and 65 pt man

They create offense differently. Zadina is a pure shooter, he finds open space and needs someone to find him. Whose going to be able to get him the puck in Montreal? I just think it’s a bad fit.

If Buffalo picked third I liked the idea of Zadina, because Eichel is the type of player that would make Zadina blossom.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They create offense differently. Zadina is a pure shooter, he finds open space and needs someone to find him. Whose going to be able to get him the puck in Montreal? I just think it’s a bad fit.

If Buffalo picked third I liked the idea of Zadina, because Eichel is the type of player that would make Zadina blossom.
Habs aren't expecting him to be elite right away. Who knows what happens by the time he is ready for the 1st line?

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Is Zadina LW or RW? I see him listed as both. I also see reports stating he's a great two-way player and others saying he needs to improve defensively.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope Montreal drafts Zadina. Bergevin made a comment about the player at 30A will probably be able to step right in the lineup. I hope he thinks that's Zadina

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Zadina doesn't play C. He's a lefty who can play both wings and loves to play the opposite wing. He's also very good in all zones but, obviously, elite offensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad