F Filip Mesar - HK Poprad U20, Slovakia U20 (2022, 26th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Why not Poprad? Primary position, lot minutes, PP time, everything what a young guy needs. Plus National Team games.

Maybe his draft team will push him into AHL. But imo, he should wait a year with that.
Im not sure ... If HK Poprad wants to "behave" like this season (3 different coaches, rumors about toxic atmosphere in the locker room) then he should probably leave.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Im not sure ... If HK Poprad wants to "behave" like this season (3 different coaches, rumors about toxic atmosphere in the locker room) then he should probably leave.
I agree, I think he should avoid Kitchener however, i don’t think he would find his desired role there and they seem to be a rebuilding team. However, maybe Regina? Personally I like him playing C, however. He was good today against Nitra.

Reactions: hellwar9

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 2022 NHL Draft might be the best draft ever for the country of Slovakia. The third Slovakian in our draft rankings, Filip Mesar was the top centre on the Slovakian team that won a silver medal at last summer’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He scored two goals and six assists for eight points in five tournament games. He also made the Slovakian team for the World Juniors, but the tournament was postponed to August due to a COVID-19 outbreak. Unfortunately, Mesar did not get to play at this spring’s Under-18 World Championships as Slovakia had previously been relegated from the top division. He did play for the Slovakian Men’s team, appearing in three games at the Deutschland Cup.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I was not able to follow him this year, did he get to play center or mostly wing? And for people who's followed him closely, how has his shot evolved throughout the year?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I was not able to follow him this year, did he get to play center or mostly wing? And for people who's followed him closely, how has his shot evolved throughout the year?
I would say he played 65% wing, and 35% centre. His shot is better than it was at the beginning of the year, has more zip on it. But that’s not really an overall strength of his

Anchor5

Jun 23, 2022
I think this kid will be one of the best players in this draft ... It will be crazy if he is picked outside the top 20 ... His skating and playmaking abilities make him an incredibly useful player ... His game is reminiscent of Saku Koivu. He has great potential to be a top-six C/W at the NHL level, no doubt. For me, this kid is one of the hidden gems of this draft. It would be great if he fell to Krakens ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad