F Filip Mesar - HK Poprad U20, Slovakia U20 (2022, 26th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
cant believe we got this guy too,, watching him so far in the pre-season reminds me of early Patrick Kane

its incredible that we got Slaf and his best buddy,, they have the built in chemistry already. I dont think Mesar will be in the NHL this year but i can see him in the Calder conversation from next year (but he could be a late season call up this year )
Yea he definitely won’t be in nhl this year but he definitely has impressed. Either OHL or AHL (sounds like OHL) but we will see. Definitely a standout from rookie camp and main camp.

I see some Marner-like qualities in him. Maybe not as good but same style (quick, skill, shifty)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I love the fact Habs assigned him to junior. Let him tear up the league and build massive confidence instead of having him play in the AHL.

I can't wait to see how many points this kid puts up this season. I am absolutely diggin' what Habs are slowly putting together. They have some extremely good young pieces coming up

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I love the fact Habs assigned him to junior. Let him tear up the league and build massive confidence instead of having him play in the AHL.

I can't wait to see how many points this kid puts up this season. I am absolutely diggin' what Habs are slowly putting together. They have some extremely good young pieces coming up
The 2022 class is looking epically good.

Slaf starting to get comfortable in the NHL, Beck and Mesar looking dominant early in the OHL, and Lane Hutson has 4 points in 4 games as a freshman defenceman in the NCAA. All 4 guys are tracking as top of the lineup guys early.

Mar 12, 2009
pretty sweet start : goal and 3 primary apples..
Did you get to see the game George?

He looked good, almost got blown up a couple times early going east-west from the boards over the blue line, but once he got a sense of the pace, he was dynamite. Exactly the playmaker we needed on the team. Good stick positionally without the puck and active. Thinks the game really well.

Seems to be getting the top C gig with Pinelli (who used to have that spot) moved to his wing.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
I have to say I quite like him in the OHL. Another night, another point. He'll play in the AHL when the management think he's ready.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Disappointing season to date - though little fault falls upon Mesar.

Kitchner is the most disappointing team in the CHL and they’re a mess. Maybe I was wrong and he should have stayed in the AHL.

Alas - don’t be surprised to see him traded to another OHL team after the WJC. He should be in the AHL next year and Kitchener will not want to lose him for nothing.

Mar 12, 2009
Disappointing season to date - though little fault falls upon Mesar.

Kitchner is the most disappointing team in the CHL and they’re a mess. Maybe I was wrong and he should have stayed in the AHL.

Alas - don’t be surprised to see him traded to another OHL team after the WJC. He should be in the AHL next year and Kitchener will not want to lose him for nothing.
This is true, however having seen him play I'm pretty confident the AHL would have been a bad decision. He's struggling with the team being bad, but he's also struggling adapting to the smaller ice, figuring out he has less time and space to do things before contact. I've counted many instances of him trying to do a high risk play around the blueline and get lit up pretty good...thankfully they are kids so he hasn't gotten demolished (although he's been out with illness/injury a few times now) like he would doing the same thing against men in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad