F Filip Mesar - HK Poprad U20, Slovakia U20 (2022, 26th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I was at the game tonight and he played great. He was buzzing all over the ice. He carried the puck and created many scoring chances. Also played some penalty kill minutes. I would say that of all the forwards on Kitchener he easy had the most puck possession time. I’m not saying that he will be but when he is on his game he really reminds me of Matt Barzal.

Mar 12, 2009
I was at the game tonight and he played great. He was buzzing all over the ice. He carried the puck and created many scoring chances. Also played some penalty kill minutes. I would say that of all the forwards on Kitchener he easy had the most puck possession time. I’m not saying that he will be but when he is on his game he really reminds me of Matt Barzal.
So far he hasn't been "on his game" with any kind of consistency. Very streaky. Started off blowing the doors of the league, then cooled down considerably. Now, the Rangers coaching staff which has just now been shaken up, likely contributes to this, but based on the hype and the skill I saw in some NHL pre season games, I would have expected him to be at 1.25-1.5ppg even with dog shit coaching.

I'm really hoping the coach change gives him a boost of confidence he needs to be on his game most nights, it would be big for the Rangers and it makes the games much more fun to watch.

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
They stuck him on a terrible Kitchener team too. He has done what you can really expect on that team tho.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What a disaster of a season. The developmental decisions taken with Mesar look worse and worse every day. Should be playing in Poprad right now and pushing for a WC spot, not in the OHL.

I don't agree, NHL teams shouldn't be looking to the Slovak league to develop talent, when they have the best junior league in the world in the OHL or WHL depending on who you ask. The mistake imo would have been to put him in Laval, cause he is easily pushed off the puck and from the games i've seen this year he's not always working hard. Hopefully he has learned a lot about himself and what he needs to do this off-season to see if he can move above the OHL or not.

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
What a disaster of a season. The developmental decisions taken with Mesar look worse and worse every day. Should be playing in Poprad right now and pushing for a WC spot, not in the OHL.
If his ambition is to play in the NHL in any form, he should stay in NA. Sucks that he isn't living up to the hype but hopefully it works out for him.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Alot of stat watchers. He is playing on an atrocious Kitchener team, but that does not take away from his skill level and his IQ. No his stats arent ideal, but he has made strides in parts of his game that may not have come at a different level/league.
I feel this will become more obvious when you see him playing with more talent. There is not nearly close to the amount of criticism to give this guy that he has taken.
Wild

Reactions: hellwar9

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Currently on a line with a player that has 76 points in 49 games. He is playing with talent. I think if you ask Ranger fans even though with how bad the team has played this year Mesar is good but a lot were expecting great. A 5’9” NHL 1st round draft pick should have the skill to just take over and dominate some OHL games. Well he has had bright moments and good games he hasn’t dominated the OHL. Rangers have some talented forwards to play with. I had him as are best forward when he came here. He has not been the best forward. 2 our above him and maybe 3 are in the same range as him. Again…you can see glimpses of the pure skill but he doesn’t bring it every game. You can see the ability to be the best player but he hasn’t put if together for whatever reason. I think he is playing much better under the McKenzie who took over head coach about 3 weeks ago. He is trending up which is great.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Currently on a line with a player that has 76 points in 49 games. He is playing with talent. I think if you ask Ranger fans even though with how bad the team has played this year Mesar is good but a lot were expecting great. A 5’9” NHL 1st round draft pick should have the skill to just take over and dominate some OHL games. Well he has had bright moments and good games he hasn’t dominated the OHL. Rangers have some talented forwards to play with. I had him as are best forward when he came here. He has not been the best forward. 2 our above him and maybe 3 are in the same range as him. Again…you can see glimpses of the pure skill but he doesn’t bring it every game. You can see the ability to be the best player but he hasn’t put if together for whatever reason. I think he is playing much better under the McKenzie who took over head coach about 3 weeks ago. He is trending up which is great.
You’re absolutely right. I like Mesar. He shows ability and he looks like he should be a top scorer with his skill set. He is just inconsistent.

Reactions: hellwar9

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
You are completely right and I didnt mean it to come off as me saying he has no support, when infact he is not the top guy. More so having no supporting cast down a lineup you arent given the best of opportunities to show up as a "stud" as say a guy who went to an allstar squad given allstar linemates, with a deep team that allows you to have better matchups.
It wasnt the best of scenerios. People expected more. Fair. Early and unnecessary hate tho

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
He started off on fire his first few games and then completely lost all motivation. He works really hard in the offensive zone and the way he carries the puck in circles reminds me of Matt Barzal. That is when he is skating. He is quite inconsistent and really needs to work on his shot. He shows many flashes of brilliance but I want more out of him.

I am a Kitchener Rangers season ticket holder.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He has been one of the more disappointing OHL imports in recent memory to me. It’s like he feels like he is too good for the OHL when that isn’t the case.

Kitchener as a who is terrible and didn’t live up to expectations this year, so it’s hard to put the entire blame on him. But he has definitely been going through the motions this year.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He has been one of the more disappointing OHL imports in recent memory to me. It’s like he feels like he is too good for the OHL when that isn’t the case.

Kitchener as a who is terrible and didn’t live up to expectations this year, so it’s hard to put the entire blame on him. But he has definitely been going through the motions this year.
I do wonder why that’s the case, I’d say Hughes may move him to the AHL next season but I don’t think it’s smart to let a player pout there way up.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad