F Filip Mesar - HK Poprad U20, Slovakia U20 (2022, 26th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
sadly I don’t set the price on these things. However we do offer an enormous amount of content and stats. We do offer regular promos too. I think there’s a free 6 month option on a year sub right now.
I follow you on Twitter. I really like your content. I’ll keep an eye out for promos. $50/yr I’d pay.

Reactions: HockeyRobinson

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Most underrated player in this draft?
Don’t think so, there are a lot of guys getting underrated and out into the second round and later in rankings. And Mesar has seemingly been put into mostly first round in recent rankings. However, I do believe that there is scouts out there saying he could be better than Slafkovsky. His size is the only thing that holds him back!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Don’t think so, there are a lot of guys getting underrated and out into the second round and later in rankings. And Mesar has seemingly been put into mostly first round in recent rankings. However, I do believe that there is scouts out there saying he could be better than Slafkovsky. His size is the only thing that holds him back!

He looks better than Slafkovsky to me.

I'm not worried about Mesar's size. The flat production is a bit concerning.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

The production really doesn’t tell the story of how he’s been playing and who he’s playing with. He’s been mostly on the second line and is playing with grinders essentially. Miroshnicenko has been having flat production as well. Even Kasper, in the SHL recently (also got sent to J20 for a game). Doesn’t tell the whole story of how they play though. Stronger leagues, I know but still.

I think Mesar will have a good WJC performance. Probably second line with Dvorsky and Kaslik or Jedlicka (strong scorer in Slovak first league). It’s a shame these 2004 borns will be in Div1 instead of the top u18 div this spring.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Chara-3

May 7, 2007

Not concerning at all. 17y, 170lbs in men's league.

Tatar was about the same size, and in his draft year scored 15pts in 48 matches.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not concerning at all. 17y, 170lbs in men's league.

Tatar was about the same size, and in his draft year scored 15pts in 48 matches.

Based on his skill, Mesar is a player I want to take in the top 10 of this draft. It's only in that high context that I find his totals a bit concerning.

Mar 12, 2009
Is he tracking to be AHL ready next year? If not, does he stay in the top Slovak league or make the move to NA in Kitchener (OHL)?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Is he tracking to be AHL ready next year? If not, does he stay in the top Slovak league or make the move to NA in Kitchener (OHL)?

Depends who drafts him. I think like Lysell and Chromiak, Mysak even though he may be pro ready he would be better off in junior if he goes to NA

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Is he still playing C or was that just temporary?
He was playing as a C his whole junior career. Last season (his first pro season) he played as a RW and this season its 50:50, C or RW. But last few games he played as a RW. Anyway, in one interview he said that he feels most comfortable as a center.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
It's weird how everyone was ranting and raving over Juraj and now people are looking as Nemec and Mesar as the bigger names

Props to those two, I wanna see them become successful players

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
We are speaking about potential. About next 10 years. Not about current season.
But yeah, you have also point. Slafkovsky should score more.
Oh i agree that the potential is huge for Slafkovsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad