F Dmitri Rashevsky - Dynamo Moscow, KHL (2021, 146th, WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No I'm not.... Look where the guys who posted similar numbers in the MHL at the age of 19

What does this have to do with anything? You completely misunderstand the concept. There are thousands of prospects. A lot of them have similar stats on some level. Development of some goes one way, development of others the other. But you present a weird misconception about development curves later in your post. Development curves aren't only not linear, they aren't always heading up stedily.

No I'm not.... Look where the guys who posted similar numbers in the MHL at the age of 19 (or 18-19 if you prefer to put it like that even though that's kinda hilarious in his case) are. 70-80% of them are in the VHL or worse. I checked his comparables yesterday already when I wrote a post on the Jets board about him, I had a hunch I'm right from my general impressions but I wanted to make sure.

So I don't see the point of all of this. We seem to agree that Rashevskiy is a late bloomer. Late bloomers would naturally not stand out among their peers the farther you go in the past. I still stick to my statement that scoring 40+goals in the MHL is a formidable achievement regardless of age. Nobody is questioning the fact that the achievement must be discounted due to age. Scoring 40+ at 16 is worth way more, but even Michkov could not do that.

The part about steadily climbing the ladder is also some sort of stupid narrative. Most prospects steadily climb the ladder but it usually is:

As I said earlier just no. Prospects' development does take dips and dents. It is nothing out of the ordinary. And the example you brought up of Dorofeyev is perfect for that. He's had a quick jump to the KHL even, but then seemed to struggle to find his feet even in the VHL. That happens. And it does not mean he won't carve out a fine career. I merely pointed out that I personally prefer steadily climbing curves(even if that means the player is not even cosidered a worthy of following prospect at some point) to those that are all over the place(even if they make it to the men's leagues earrly and even have some success there).

D-1: begin playing in the MHL (Rashevsky still played U18)
Draft season: play and score ~1 PPG in the MHL (Rashevsky scored 0.2 PPG)
D+1: play in the VHL or KHL, dominate MHL if you are sent down there for a small number of games (Rashevsky spends the entire season there)

I don't even know what this is supposed to prove or what is is for that matter. Some Grand Scheme of Prospect Developmet you devised? It would be worth something if again and again prospect development would be at least close to the same curve for every prospect.

Everyone climbs the ladder,

Oh, but not at all. Some just become prank blogers at 22. Jokes aside, Some climb it, some fall of it, some remain on the same level for the longest time. Nobody cares how fast you can climb. What counts is Rashevskiy's steady improvement from an overage MHL player(who nonetheless had some respectable numbers as such(2nd in league scoring and top goal scorer)) to a productive 19-20 year old VHLer to now peoductive KHLer at 20. Period. While other guys might have had the same or better numbers in the past.

Rashevsky was just climbing it 2 steps behind. In addition to the fact, that he is pretty much as early birthdays as possible for his draft class. Dorofeyev's example was nothing special, I only used it because their birthdays are so close. Honestly, the main impression I'm getting from this is that you don't follow MHL very closely.

What a great conclusion based on a whole lot of nothing. First of all Dorofeyev's example is pretty good here as an opposite. A guy who was in the KHL early and on the NT and all that, but decided to not continue developing his game in the KHL. He might have been in the spot Rashevskiy is in right now. Let's see how the AHL develops him.

And then I get the impression that you might follow the MHL, but you don't really come to the right conclusions. Just knowing who scored how much at which age doesn't even make you a Pierre.

Also as a side note, he is born in October and that's ME who's splitting hairs if I call him whatever his age is for the remaining 7 months of the season past his birthday, not the other way around? :laugh: This is some next level of linguistic acrobatics.

You are vigorously fighting the simple fact that he is 20 now. and he has already scored a bunch of goals in the KHL as of now. And I am somehow not allowed to voice that fact because he will turn 21 soon and will remain that for the longer part of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and BMann

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't even know what this is supposed to prove or what is is for that matter. Some Grand Scheme of Prospect Developmet you devised? It would be worth something if again and again prospect development would be at least close to the same curve for every prospect.

You are vigorously fighting the simple fact that he is 20 now. and he has already scored a bunch of goals in the KHL as of now. And I am somehow not allowed to voice that fact because he will turn 21 soon and will remain that for the longer part of the season.
It is close for like 80, if not 90% of the prospects drafted from the MHL. Most hit the wall sooner or later at men's level, that's how you get Dorofeyevs of this world (or Voronkovs, who got to the KHL reasonably easy but can't break through in terms of scoring there) but at the MHL it is actually pretty uniform. Which is what we, or at least I, were talking about here.

Almost all prospects hit the wall (or multiple walls) at some point while progressing up the tiers, that's what makes projecting/drafting a tricky business. "Steady progression" is just not a workable concept in it because as I said almost ALL prospects progress steadily, that's the nature of improvement, until they don't. You can't just expect prospects to continuously improve forever therefore the word "ceiling" comes into play and "ceiling" is largely determined by certain benchmarks in prospect's development at a certain age. That's why people prefer to compare prospects at a certain age to the stars at that age, that's why you have that screenshot of U22 KHL production in the previous page. That's why Duncan Keith was projected as a bottom pair D just a few years before playing in his first All-Star game. And that's why Rashevsky was drafted in the 5th round of his D+2.

And yeah, that's not what I was "vigorously fighting", I was fighting you calling him 18 y.o. when he was 18 for 1 month of that season. But whatever.

Like you said, we seemed to agree he is a late bloomer. You think his earlier seasons were very solid, I think they were nothing special and would not have indicated him turning into anything special, that's why he went undrafted for 2 years and fell to the 5th round in the 3rd. But you think you are smarter than everyone else because they failed to see "steady progression". So be it, this whole discussion is redundant.

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Extended with Dynamo for one more year, now it is until the end of 2022/23.
Good decision. Russians should develop in the KHL. Let him dominate and score this year and next year with Dynamo Moscow and then plug him next to one of Scheifele, Perfetti, Dubois or whoever

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
good pick. Even if he never comes over or pans out, it is fun that Jets finally have a prospect that this site drools over. Not often that happen =)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Could he net 30 this season? He’s shooting with confidence and playing with top talent.
Unlikely but not impossible. He needs to get on the ice more, it will be very hard to hit 30 playing 14 minutes per night. With his current shot volume, 27-28 goals is a realistic target. So yeah, 30 is not impossible but very challenging.

And for the certain poster(he will know) he is 21 now, so his goal scoring is not impressive at all:sarcasm:
And if I were a certain poster I'd explain you *all things logic*. Because you know, unlike his previous achievements, this one probably isn't going to be matched by superstars like Anton Kovalyov or Mikhail Shalagin.

But I'm not, so I'm just happy you do know his age correctly by this point.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Unlikely but not impossible. He needs to get on the ice more, it will be very hard to hit 30 playing 14 minutes per night. With his current shot volume, 27-28 goals is a realistic target. So yeah, 30 is not impossible but very challenging.

And if I were a certain poster I'd explain you *all things logic*. Because you know, unlike his previous achievements, this one probably isn't going to be matched by superstars like Anton Kovalyov or Mikhail Shalagin.

But I'm not, so I'm just happy you do know his age correctly by this point.
Glad you came by to settle the great schism of 20-21.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I think his shooting % is fairly high (28% I believe) right now so it is reasonable to expect his pace to slow.

Then again maybe average shot % is higher in KHL idk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad