F Dmitri Rashevsky - Dynamo Moscow, KHL (2021, 146th, WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Don't want to get ahead of myself of course, but its nice seeing him progress this well after having him in my top 25 in 2020 and watching him go undrafted...

Pretty stoked that the Jets ( who typically don’t draft many Russians) did not shy away and rolled the dice on an extremely talented over-ager in round 5

Reactions: mazmin and hn777

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Couple more goals this morning (I guess tonight for NA folks) putting him into 3rd place in league scoring for the time being. And before someone jumps to what would appear like an obvious conclusion, no, he does not play on the same line with Shipachyov, it's not yet another winger simply riding his coattails. They have combined for a few PP goals though since Ship usually spends the whole two minutes on the ice on those occasions.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Couple more goals this morning (I guess tonight for NA folks) putting him into 3rd place in league scoring for the time being. And before someone jumps to what would appear like an obvious conclusion, no, he does not play on the same line with Shipachyov, it's not yet another winger simply riding his coattails. They have combined for a few PP goals though since Ship usually spends the whole two minutes on the ice on those occasions.
Dynamos top 6 is pretty unbelievable.

Reactions: hn777

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wow, did not know that. The Odell acquisition seems to be paying off well right now too.
Well, when Lindberg gets healthy it will most likely bump either him or O'Dell down to the third line so it's hard to say how good of an investment that is in the cap era without knowing salary details. Buut at the same time, they most likely bought low and got a good deal with him, they might not be paying more than 3rd line money to him in which case it is great. Overall with Voynov, O'Dell, Petunin, Rashevsky they did a hell of a good job this offseason.

Reactions: BoneDocUK

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Don't want to get ahead of myself of course, but its nice seeing him progress this well after having him in my top 25 in 2020 and watching him go undrafted...

Still quite early, but yes, nice to see some affirmation. I had him in my 2nd round when he went undrafted in 2020.

Draft Dynasty (Yannick St. Pierre) was very high on him too

I believe Yannick now works for the Canadiens based on his twitter feed so he stopped making videos, but that is looking like quite a call:

https://twitter.com/DraftDynasty1

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
From what I've seen, kid looks very promising. Figured someone would take a flyer on him in 2020 though no one got to see him higher than MHL level until last year, and he bounced around the leagues a bit. Great selection by Winnipeg

Reactions: hn777

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
While I think this was a great pick, I think that it must be said that he was a few weeks from being in the 2018 draft. Any guy his age that has a chance of being an NHL’er should be able to produce in the KHL at that age. He’s doing better than producing, so the discussion is warranted, but he should be compared to players his age not 2021 draft eligibles.

Reactions: E D and Leaves34

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I believe it was Blackbook last year that had him ranked #36? or even higher in 2020. They did not have him ranked this year. When asked why, they mentioned they did not have all the information last year and the reason he went undrafted at least in 2020 and was not on their 2021 list is he has 0 aspirations or interest in playing in the NHL. Would need to go back yet feel pretty certain it was Blackbook.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I believe it was Blackbook last year that had him ranked #36? or even higher in 2020. They did not have him ranked this year. When asked why, they mentioned they did not have all the information last year and the reason he went undrafted at least in 2020 and was not on their 2021 list is he has 0 aspirations or interest in playing in the NHL. Would need to go back yet feel pretty certain it was Blackbook.

It was Blackbook. It seems he was quite excited to be drafted by us this past year so hopefully he elects to come over in a few seasons.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg

It was Blackbook. It seems he was quite excited to be drafted by us this past year so hopefully he elects to come over in a few seasons.

If I'm remembering right, in Chevy's post draft interview he said they had a discussion/agreement with him to come play with the Jets/Moose next year once his contract is up.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
While I think this was a great pick, I think that it must be said that he was a few weeks from being in the 2018 draft. Any guy his age that has a chance of being an NHL’er should be able to produce in the KHL at that age. He’s doing better than producing, so the discussion is warranted, but he should be compared to players his age not 2021 draft eligibles.

agreed. Yet he is still out producing guys his age and older…Marchenko is 21 for example.

Reactions: hn777 and FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad