F Adam Fantilli - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2023 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Weren't you in the Bedard thread saying WJC is pretty meaningless when trying to put down Bedard?
I'm noticing this seems to be a fairly common response you have. Rather than engage, bring in new points, and respond accordingly, you post an attempt at a dismissive zinger.

You aren't adding anything to these conversations.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
I'm noticing this seems to be a fairly common response you have. Rather than engage, bring in new points, and respond accordingly, you post an attempt at a dismissive zinger.

You aren't adding anything to these conversations.
I'm just simply asking a question as to why the WJC championship matters here but not regarding Bedard. I've noticed that posters seems to pick and chose when a certain argument or stat matters or not.

To please you, I'll say Fantillis a great prospect, like a C version of Hall. You're also out to lunch thinking any team should ever pick him over Bedard though.

Reactions: prongertheman9

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
It's weird that a hart winner has a slightly negative connotation, but that's how it feels.
Not at all.

Hall was a very consistent first line player before injuries have brought him down a bit the past couple years

Not the greatest of hockey IQ to really elevate his linemates but can do a ton all on his own therefore doesn't need to gave a great supporting cast to still produce

Have seen the same kind of stuff from Fantilli

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Anybody picking in the top three will get a franchise player (unless the third one doesn't pick Michkov).

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
this guy has become criminally underrated on HF. Definitely a high 1st overall pick in most other drafts with his size, skating and offensive toolkit package. Lack of IQ is getting blown out of proportion a bit because of a few poor games at the world juniors (even though he was one of the younger players at the tournament).
I have those concerns, but I do agree that they are overblown. I see Bedard, Michkov and Fantilli as the easy top 3, and any of them is a 1OA talent in many drafts. Carlsson is great, but the offensive upside isn't in their tier.

2 and 3 is a good debate. Both players are practically polar opposites, and both have been scoring at a historic rate in their leagues. The easy choice is Fantilli for a GM, for many reasons, but I like the way Michkov manipulates the game better. Both amazing talents.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
2 and 3 is a good debate. Both players are practically polar opposites, and both have been scoring at a historic rate in their leagues. The easy choice is Fantilli for a GM, for many reasons, but I like the way Michkov manipulates the game better. Both amazing talents.
Michkov looks to be pure offense and if he can fix the flaws in his game, he can be a high end offensive franchise winger. Fantilli is the more complete player, he can just do it all. Easily the number one pick in the past several drafts with the exception of Dahlin and maybe Jack Hughes

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Michkov looks to be pure offense and if he can fix the flaws in his game, he can be a high end offensive franchise winger. Fantilli is the more complete player, he can just do it all. Easily the number one pick in the past several drafts with the exception of Dahlin and maybe Jack Hughes
Michkov will never have the 200 foot game that Fantilli has, but his hockey sense and poise with the puck is something that can't be taught. The best scorers in the world have that trait, and that's my only concern with Fantilli. I see every tool in the world, but his ability to dictate pace and slow the game down is not there.

He reminds me of Svechnikov in that way. Every tool is high end, but the game never looks slow for him

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Michkov will never have the 200 foot game that Fantilli has, but his hockey sense and poise with the puck is something that can't be taught. The best scorers in the world have that trait, and that's my only concern with Fantilli. I see every tool in the world, but his ability to dictate pace and slow the game down is not there.

He reminds me of Svechnikov in that way. Every tool is high end, but the game never looks slow for him

I get the feeling one is available, and one is not available, some uncertainty for sure. Availability is definitely a good skill to have. I do wonder how scared teams will be to draft Michkov, no matter how good he might be. Or how patient teams will be. If it's a full rebuild, maybe a team is happy to wait.

Fantilli has the one thing you can't teach, some size. A lot of up side there for sure, a very interesting prospect.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Tracking draft year stats reeks a bit of cherry picking, since only late birthdays are relevant for that, pretty much. A far more comprehensive image could be gotten by tracking u19 statistics, which would include the entire birth year.

But yes, if the goal is to compare late birthdays to other late birthdays, that's fine. But I think that it'd be more useful to include players such as Jaden Schwartz and Clayton keller and Brock Boeser and, hey, Logan Cooley.

Since right now, this list is just "he's doing better than Eichel".

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Tracking draft year stats reeks a bit of cherry picking, since only late birthdays are relevant for that, pretty much. A far more comprehensive image could be gotten by tracking u19 statistics, which would include the entire birth year.

But yes, if the goal is to compare late birthdays to other late birthdays, that's fine. But I think that it'd be more useful to include players such as Jaden Schwartz and Clayton keller and Brock Boeser and, hey, Logan Cooley.

Since right now, this list is just "he's doing better than Eichel".
Alright. Let's include those players.

Keller - 1.48
Boeser - 1.48
Cooley - 1.33
Schwartz - 1.56

Let's include some other fun names.

Caufield - 1.67
Gaudreau - 1.55
Vesey - .79
Matthew Knies - 1.1
Vanek - 1.3
Gionta - 1.53

I believe that the last time a 19 year old had a better points per game pace than Fantilli was Paul Statsny.

Edit: I screwed up my numbers. Those are 19 year old numbers for most of them, not under 19. He's out performed the 19 year old seasons for most of those players as a 17 year old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad