F Adam Fantilli - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2023 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
this guy has become criminally underrated on HF. Definitely a high 1st overall pick in most other drafts with his size, skating and offensive toolkit package. Lack of IQ is getting blown out of proportion a bit because of a few poor games at the world juniors (even though he was one of the younger players at the tournament).
To be fair, most of the people who say that only saw Fantilli at the WJC, or didn't even watch his games at all.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
To be fair, most of the people who say that only saw Fantilli at the WJC, or didn't even watch his games at all.

I think it was fine to judge his WJC performances and use it to affect ranking (I thought he sucked in the first two games in particular, though he eventually rebounded), but some definitely went all out to trash his entire projection off such a limited body of work. There were even a few sightings of Yager > Fantilli on some of the subforums, which baffled me completely.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I think it was fine to judge his WJC performances and use it to affect ranking (I thought he sucked in the first two games in particular, though he eventually rebounded), but some definitely went all out to trash his entire projection off such a limited body of work. There were even a few sightings of Yager > Fantilli on some of the subforums, which baffled me completely.
Yeah, I think with Fantilli it's hard to analyze based on WJC because he was on the 4th line and out of position, which is not likely to happen in any other level but for Canada. If he played C I'd put more stock into it but I can't blame him.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Imagine thinking Yager is better than Fantilli at any single facet of hockey 😆

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
After this weekend I'm finding myself thinking that this will be the only NCAA season for Fantilli. If he continues playing like this and develops over the summer I can't find a reason he would not be on opening night rosters of teams like Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose, etc...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
After this weekend I'm finding myself thinking that this will be the only NCAA season for Fantilli. If he continues playing like this and develops over the summer I can't find a reason he would not be on opening night rosters of teams like Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose, etc...
If Chicago drafted him, they'd keep him in Michigan for another year with Nazar.

New management is really adamant about taking their time with prospects. And there'd be no point in pulling him into a dumpster fire situation.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
He was a no show at the U18. Played even some time on Bedards wing and didn't look anything special. The YOG, a tournament someone like Michkov or Miro simply destroyed, he again was not particularly noticeable.

So, to be fair, internationally he didn't look like a future 2nd OA at all.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Reminds me of Bufield but with significantly better IQ. Mind you, I don’t byfield lacks in that department, but it’s not up to par with his other traits.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Reminds me of Bufield but with significantly better IQ. Mind you, I don’t byfield lacks in that department, but it’s not up to par with his other traits.
He got way more offensive skill. Byfield is probably a bit faster north/south but Fantilli is better east/south and more creative.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Top 4 in this draft got me like:

giphy.gif

I'm even excited about #5 & #6.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
He’s getting better and better each game. Not only the 2 points, but he had a couple of nice setups that could have easily been goals before he was tossed.

Unfortunately he will be out for tomorrows game in Detroit on national tv. He has to just be smarter in situations and better maintain his cool, although in fairness to him both PSU and Wisconsin were playing on the edge against him the previous couple of weeks and he played through it. Tonight was probably even worse and he lost his cool a bit. Naurato was not happy with how MSU was playing and said so in the post game quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad