Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Is this the right thread for the Zetterberg to TB rumor from Friedman?
It's Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus time, so why not?

I read that about a week ago, with no mention of the return, only that 1-2 cap casualties (TJ/Killor/Gourde, possibly Palat) + 2nd...that's a BS return unless it's Palat, even then, not that great, but he can be flipped sooner.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
How does that make sense unless there's a good prospect or a high pick coming back. Z has a high cap hit and no real money owed from a rebuild standpoint those are the kind of contracts you love to bury on the LITRetire.

I imagine assets would be attached to Johnson.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
How does that make sense unless there's a good prospect or a high pick coming back. Z has a high cap hit and no real money owed from a rebuild standpoint those are the kind of contracts you love to bury on the LITRetire.
You get 4 years of Tyler Johnson at 5m a year.

I'd hope for a sweetener on our end, seeing as he was waived and we didn't take him.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

even from a money standpoint gotta think that at the very last a good chunk of Zetterbergs contract is probably insured as well

not that that's even much with how backloaded it was

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
even from a money standpoint gotta think that at the very last a good chunk of Zetterbergs contract is probably insured as well

not that that's even much with how backloaded it was
There's 1 year left on Z's deal for $1 million of actual money anyway. But, pretty sure insurance pays for it, idk that much about that part.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I don't understand why Zetterberg needs to be part of anything.

They would need his aav Ltir'd. I would hope for a 1st for Johnson its gonna only be 28-31st but he would be a decent #2 if we had wingers for him, now I doubt he still would be in 3-4 years but he would be on his way out when we are hopefully pushing playoffs/contending.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
They would need his aav Ltir'd. I would hope for a 1st for Johnson its gonna only be 28-31st but he would be a decent #2 if we had wingers for him, now I doubt he still would be in 3-4 years but he would be on his way out when we are hopefully pushing playoffs/contending.

But the LTIR doesn't gain them anything. They have roughly $3m in cap space by dealing Johnson for nothing, and roughly $3m in cap space by trading Johnson for Z and putting Z on LTIR.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
But the LTIR doesn't gain them anything. They have roughly $3m in cap space by dealing Johnson for nothing, and roughly $3m in cap space by trading Johnson for Z and putting Z on LTIR.

There problem is RFA's so you shift out Johnson gaining you cap space but you use Zetterberg to get you right to cap. You LTIR him on the first day of the season you now have 6.1 million in cap. This a part of a series of moves. But the point is on day one of the season you LTIR Zetterberg, then you sign Cerelli or Cernak maybe both with the insane contracts Tampa somehow gets on a bridge using the LTIR money. It is a careful operation though, because we have seen both Chicago and Detroit **** this up in different seasons. Still that is the attempt. The Flyers had that hand shake agreement with Cleary too that famously fell apart while waiting for LTIR. But if Tampa has Cerelli agreed to a 6 X 6 extension he can sign it on the first day of the season and they just play him on Z's LTIR number... I don't totally get this benefit, I think people have broken it down in excellent ways on the business board here to explain the usage of LTIR. I know fugu (RIP, man I miss her) was really a master at explaining this @mouser certainly is one I trust on this stuff. But there is an advantage to burying contracts and a big one with Z's being desirable is the back-diving nature.

The issue here becomes Tampa is stuck with the same flat cap but that isn't our problem. We should punish them as one of the only teams that can probably help them at all.

The rumor where we do both Johnson and Killorn, I would want to gut their farm system of at least two big time prospects and take two firsts.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

They would then have 9.1 million to resign RFA people instead of three million. Because they could go over the salary cap by 6.1 million with Z's contract.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I just saw that the Oilers have called Evan Bouchard back from Sweden for the start of the NHL season. I'm going to assume they could do that because he was in the Allsvenskan, and that players loaned to the SHL must still play the entire season. Anyone know for sure?

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I just saw that the Oilers have called Evan Bouchard back from Sweden for the start of the NHL season. I'm going to assume they could do that because he was in the Allsvenskan, and that players loaned to the SHL must still play the entire season. Anyone know for sure?
you got it

Reactions: Stony Curtis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad