Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Berglund making the WJC ought to make people pay him a bit more attention.
Could be the most underrated prospect in the organization.
Maybe... still one more cut to make... he's probably on the chopping block with a couple others

we'll see tomorrow

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Berglund making the WJC ought to make people pay him a bit more attention.
Could be the most underrated prospect in the organization.

I haven't been able to find much footage of the guy so Berglund using the WJC as a showcase could be huge for him. How is his skating? And does he look like the kind of guy who can become a bottom pair defenseman?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I haven't been able to find much footage of the guy so Berglund using the WJC as a showcase could be huge for him. How is his skating? And does he look like the kind of guy who can become a bottom pair defenseman?

In the 3 on 3 tournament after the draft, I was constantly impressed by Berglund. I thought he looked pretty good in the rookie tournament too,
Skates really well.
Good size.
Good passer.
Don't recall anything about his shot. Wasn't great in the Dzone. I don't think he has any bite in his game either.

Haven't seen him since.

He's a guy with a decent chance at an NHL career. Not sure how he makes it past all the guys in front of him though.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So Berggren is currently 3rd in SHL points.
Brome is tied for 10th most points.

Seider is 8th in points/game for Dmen.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I see more Konstantinov on those hits. Kronwall had unique style and spots.
I think the spot was the same, but Kronwall started using that "ass first" style to get away from the charging calls. Almost like a hip check, but he was more vertical.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think the spot was the same, but Kronwall started using that "ass first" style to get away from the charging calls. Almost like a hip check, but he was more vertical.

Yeah, and Kronwall used insane power and speed on those hits (skating towards a guy already on high speed). I think these Seider "dumps" are better and effective for new concussion-free NHL. Those are not killers anyhow. Just pure, effective and legal hits. Beauties. And it seems that he just likes to make them in every possible contact.

Just can't stop laughing when the opposite guy always falls down. :D Moritz Seider #53 will be most entertaining player and most selling Red Wings jersey in next 365 days. You can already book it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, and Kronwall used insane power and speed on those hits (skating towards a guy already on high speed). I think these Seider "dumps" are better and effective for new concussion-free NHL. Those are not killers anyhow. Just pure, effective and legal hits. Beauties. And it seems that he just likes to make them in every possible contact.

Just can't stop laughing when the opposite guy always falls down. :D Moritz Seider #53 will be most entertaining player and most selling Red Wings jersey in next 365 days. You can already book it.

Looking at his SHL hit highlights, almost every single person that he hits ends up on the ice. Open ice, net front, on the boards. On the ice.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018

I was just thinking the same thing. Guys are so much bigger and faster these days, and CTE is ruining quality of life. Mo's really good at separating guys from the puck without separating their brains from the lining of their skulls, while still putting them on their asses.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

He's got extremely good leverage, drops players with a shoulder chuck. I will be impressed if he can do the same in the NHL. Agree that it is the "correct" way to hit someone in the new NHL.

I think he'll probably be able to drop the average NHLer, but I'm not sure about guys like Auston Matthews... that kid's thighs are huge. Will be interesting to watch for sure. The team lacks physicality, so he adds a missing element.

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We got an absolute gem in #53... Trust #19 after all that noise this pick made on draft day ha

This franchise definitely has two absolute building blocks on the back end in Seider and Hronek, it's great to see.

We once had Vladiator.

Think this new kid will be Seidernator. I suggested that name already year ago, and it has gone just further towards it.

Seidernator = Something that destroys hockey players.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think he'll probably be able to drop the average NHLer, but I'm not sure about guys like Auston Matthews... that kid's thighs are huge. Will be interesting to watch for sure.

Just wait for those moments.

20 000 people at LCA, Seider goes against Matthews and drops him.

The roof is gonna go off from the Pizza house!

Just...

...imagine.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
We once had Vladiator.

Think this new kid will be Seidernator. I suggested that name already year ago, and it has gone just further towards it.

Totally on board with these naming conventions. :naughty:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
We once had Vladiator.

It's Man Hammer or nothing.

:laugh:

Reactions: Lil Bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad