Post-Game Talk: Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!

stenis22

Jan 13, 2013
great game

Nash
Hagelin
McD

people wanted to send hags down now he leads the team in goals... Nice turn around

SupersonicMonkey*

One glaring mistake was on the power-play, he fakes a shot, defenseman moves out of the way, he skates around winds up for a perfect shot, with no one in front of him, and he passes instead and turns the puck over.

He needs to not be timid in his decision making, and just allow his hockey sense to flow freely. Gaining confidence will help this hopefully.

Outside of that, his game tonight was good. His skating was a little better, and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for him. He has no excuses, he needs to play better and harder night in, night out.

I'm assuming you are talking about Richards.

I agree. He was good tonight.

On the power play, I wonder if the extra space and time causes him to over think it a little.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
One glaring mistake was on the power-play, he fakes a shot, defenseman moves out of the way, he skates around winds up for a perfect shot, with no one in front of him, and he passes instead and turns the puck over.

He needs to not be timid in his decision making, and just allow his hockey sense to flow freely. Gaining confidence will help this hopefully.

Outside of that, his game tonight was good. His skating was a little better, and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for him. He has no excuses, he needs to play better and harder night in, night out.

Yeah, that was a dumb play. Otherwise, though, yeah, he had a pretty good game. If he can play like this and get even better like he has the potential to, this team is looking good going forward.

This is a nice step for Richie. Hope he can continue to improve.

SupersonicMonkey*

Have you all injured your knees jumping back on the bandwagon after one game? What a joke.

There were some very positive signs from this game. A collective 60 minute effort.

It remains to be seen if they can carry it forward.

Don't think anyone ever jumped ship to begin with. But there was and still is a lot to be concerned about. But this was a good positive step.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Have you all injured your knees jumping back on the bandwagon after one game? What a joke.

Sure, pissed off fans are now happy because of a nice win but there's no need to come in here and be a negative Nancy. Don't you think your comment is about as counter productive as those of the angry fans you are frustrated with?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Are we going to nitpick singular plays on a PP now considering how hes struggled for entire games for weeks? Richards was very good tonight.

17-3 on faceoffs. A huge reason the Rangers had the puck most of the game.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Are we going to nitpick singular plays on a PP now considering how hes struggled for entire games for weeks? Richards was very good tonight.

17-3 on faceoffs. A huge reason the Rangers had the puck most of the game.

An understated aspect of tonight (and hockey in general).

Faceoffs are HUGE. It leads to more puck possession and gets the other team chasing. It's usually how the Rangers start to fall apart in games. They start losing faceoffs, and they start chasing and running around.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
An understated aspect of tonight (and hockey in general).

Faceoffs are HUGE. It leads to more puck possession and gets the other team chasing. It's usually how the Rangers start to fall apart in games. They start losing faceoffs, and they start chasing and running around.

That is a good reminder. Constantly striving to get the puck back is a lot of effort.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Nash finishes night with goal, assist and a whopping 12 shots. Said he still feels like he's getting his timing back. I'd say he's fineâ€

I saw someone criticizing jumping back on the bandwagon after this win.........Rick Nash is a reason for optimism....oh yea and the fact they have McDonaugh and Del Zotto back.....heck even Powe............the team was getting pts before Nash went down...........the last 4 games sucked but this team has talent and can get back to its winning ways

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Good to get the win. Also nice to see an entertaining game. Even without the goals, the Rangers had some tempo and created lots of chances.

Damn but Nash is beast, may need to find some funds for a new jersey

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Some jumped ship SM..One of the mods two days ago made a list that included Stepan to get his ass out of here..Really giving up on Step when the whole team couldnt put the puck in the ocean..The line up was devastated with injuries during the skid and it showed..So everyone piled on..We lost our best player and 3 top d men and it showed..We will smoke Buf,Philly and Isles with this same line up..Face it our fan base on this forum is fluky and as fair weathered as it gets.

There were some very positive signs from this game. A collective 60 minute effort.

It remains to be seen if they can carry it forward.

Don't think anyone ever jumped ship to begin with. But there was and still is a lot to be concerned about. But this was a good positive step.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Dat puck control by Nash...

I mean, how many players can perfectly receive a pass on their backhand, and then flawlessly make the move he did, all in one fluid motion?

Overrated my ass.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Some jumped ship SM..One of the mods two days ago made a list that included Stepan to get his ass out of here..Really giving up on Step when the whole team couldnt put the puck in the ocean..The line up was devastated with injuries during the skid and it showed..So everyone piled on..We lost our best player and 3 top d men and it showed..We will smoke Buf,Philly and Isles with this same line up..Face it our fan base on this forum is fluky and as fair weathered as it gets.

From all to some... get your stuff together, calling us all jokes isn't the way. Their opinions; deal with it or ignore it. The team has been frustrating this year no doubt and I hardly call being happy after being upset being on the bandwagon.

:facepalm:

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
My stuff is always together..I dont jump ship on my team during a bad stretch..

You win. You're the best fan on this board. The reality is that the Rangers weren't playing that great before the injuries hit. We have every right to be frustrated with what we've seen this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad