Post-Game Talk: Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Who the ******* was that?!! That team that played the Lightning tonight?!! Anyone?!!!

For the record I'm glad we didn't hit rock bottom tonight.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Nash finishes night with goal, assist and a whopping 12 shots. Said he still feels like he's getting his timing back. I'd say he's fine”

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I would love a youtube of that finnish goal celebration they showed in the post game show, that was hilarious

Jan 8, 2012
NY
“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Nash finishes night with goal, assist and a whopping 12 shots. Said he still feels like he's getting his timing back. I'd say he's fineâ€

Can't wait until his timing is back to 100% then. That'll be fun for other teams. :laugh:

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
People are bashing Richards tonight?

lol

He plays his best game of the season and people STILL are getting on his back. He did nothing wrong tonight, and he made several nice passes. He was dominant on faceoffs as well. This is the Richards we need to see, the difference is astounding when he's on his game.

3 stars:

Nash
Richards
Hank

Everyone played well, though. Except Gaborik. He was invisible.

SupersonicMonkey*

Is no one else just REALLY impressed with Hagelin's level of conditioning? Its unreal.

SupersonicMonkey*

People are bashing Richards tonight?

lol

He plays his best game of the season and people STILL are getting on his back. He did nothing wrong tonight, and he made several nice passes. He was dominant on faceoffs as well. This is the Richards we need to see, the difference is astounding when he's on his game.

3 stars:

Nash
Richards
Hank

Everyone played well, though. Except Gaborik. He was invisible.

He was very good tonight. First time all season he looked more like himself. Its certainly encouraging. Whatever the reason, I hope it continues.

....maybe because I wore my Richards T-shirt?

*Bob Richards*

I'm just mad at Hagelin because I can't incorporate "God' into his name like Godahan or Godqvist.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm usually a downer so here's an encouraging thought.

With Nash: 9-6, +4 goal differential

Without: 0-4, -5 goal differential

This team has the potential to be good with their best forward in the lineup, and here's hoping we can just attribute the recent bump to not having him and move on.

SupersonicMonkey*

I am. He can probably play another game after this one and not miss a beat. Unreal motor.

He just doesn't stop. I don't know if I've ever seen a player with that level of cardio.

I imagine he could run one of those iron man marathons, with the swimming, running and so on.

Unreal.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm usually a downer so here's an encouraging thought.

With Nash: 9-6, +4 goal differential

Without: 0-4, -5 goal differential

This team has the potential to be good with their best forward in the lineup, and here's hoping we can just attribute the recent bump to not having him and move on.

While I'm on it, I'd be remiss to not mention McDonagh. He comes back and clocks 2 assists, and also note Stamkos not getting a goal. Good to have Mac back too.

SupersonicMonkey*

While I'm on it, I'd be remiss to not mention McDonagh. He comes back and clocks 2 assists, and also note Stamkos not getting a goal. Good to have Mac back too.

Agree.

Feel good win. Have to carry this over now. Get on a bit of a roll.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He did nothing wrong tonight, and he made several nice passes.

One glaring mistake was on the power-play, he fakes a shot, defenseman moves out of the way, he skates around winds up for a perfect shot, with no one in front of him, and he passes instead and turns the puck over.

He needs to not be timid in his decision making, and just allow his hockey sense to flow freely. Gaining confidence will help this hopefully.

Outside of that, his game tonight was good. His skating was a little better, and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for him. He has no excuses, he needs to play better and harder night in, night out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad