Post-Game Talk: Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I don't like overloading the lines.

Balance is huge on contending teams, IMO. Blackhawks don't play Hossa with Kane and Toews. They have Saad on that line. Hossa plays with Sharp.

We'll have too great lines. And a very good third line.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That line doesn't have enough of a defensive presence. Richards gets too deep and there are too many odd man rushes.

Halpern and Powe have been solid but neither are going to produce anything at all offensively. They should be 4th line players.

The guy who was a big factor the last 2 years who has done nothing is Boyle. Gaborik has scored some, Cally has scored if only on the power play... Boyle hasn't really done anything at all.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
That line doesn't have enough of a defensive presence. Richards gets too deep and there are too many odd man rushes.

Halpern and Powe have been solid but neither are going to produce anything at all offensively. They should be 4th line players.

The guy who was a big factor the last 2 years who has done nothing is Boyle. Gaborik has scored some, Cally has scored if only on the power play... Boyle hasn't really done anything at all.

could be coincidence, but we didn't start losing until Boyle was re inserted

Kershaw

I don't like overloading the lines.

Balance is huge on contending teams, IMO. Blackhawks don't play Hossa with Kane and Toews. They have Saad on that line. Hossa plays with Sharp.

We'll have too great lines. And a very good third line.

Meh, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. The Kings and Canucks are very front loaded on their top 2 lines. Sedins-Burrows, Booth-Kesler-Higgins, Williams-Kopitar-Brown, Penner-Richards-Carter.

Problem is that our 'top heavy' lines aren't even close to being as good as the listed teams. And our bottom 6 still sucks, so this sets up a mediocre forward group.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
could be coincidence, but we didn't start losing until Boyle was re inserted

boyle is hardly the reason we started loosing, when he came back from being scratched he played his ass off, hes good defensively and has been good on faceoffs especially defensive zone faceoffs, he just gets a ton of flak for doing "nothing" because people thinks hes going to put up points, when in reality he is inept offensivly.

You know, I have to say. What are the odds we have all these injuries, and gaborik's been healthy all season?

was thinking the same thing before, the one guy thats got an injury prone label across his forehead has stayed healthy the whole season, sad part is he contributed next to nothing when he was the sole top tier offensive threat we have had while key guys were out.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
boyle is hardly the reason we started loosing, when he came back from being scratched he played his ass off, hes good defensively and has been good on faceoffs especially defensive zone faceoffs, he just gets a ton of flak for doing "nothing" because people thinks hes going to put up points, when in reality he is inept offensivly.

was thinking the same thing before, the one guy thats got an injury prone label across his forehead has stayed healthy the whole season, sad part is he contributed next to nothing when he was the sole top tier offensive threat we have had while key guys were out.

I never said he hasnt played well.. but its kinda like the Yankees that one year in the playoffs... They had a good thing going while some regulars were hurt and then once those guys got healthy, they put them back into the lineup and they didnt seem to have the same chemistry as they did.. maybe the same thing happened with the Rangers. Though the injury to Nash obviously did not help.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just looked at the standings and was floored. We're 4 points behind the Devils (even in games played) and 6 points behind the Penguins with 2 fewer games played. Amazingly we're realistically in the division conversation after being **** for so long.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I posted this in the Nash thread on the main board. Small sample, but if Nash shot his career low of 9.8% prior to this season, he'd project to 92 points in 82 games.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I just looked at the standings and was floored. We're 4 points behind the Devils (even in games played) and 6 points behind the Penguins with 2 fewer games played. Amazingly we're realistically in the division conversation after being **** for so long.
It was 4 games.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'd like to see the lines as:

Hags-Richards-Nash
Cally-Stepan-Gaborik
Miller-Boyle-Pyatt
Powe-Halpern-Asham

I think Richards looked good with Nash tonight, keep them with Hags and surely Richards will get going if he can build on tonight. Either that or switch Nash and Gabby.

Cally and Step actually look like they're developing chemisty. Throw Gabby with them and let's see what he can do there.

3rd line there can be good for forechecking and cycling and the 4th can be a good forecheck energy line.

I really hope Gabby can start producing out there, he hasn't looked that bad to be honest, but I don't know what we can expect him to do with Boyle and Miller. I like Pyatt, but Gaborik needs to be in the top 6, playing with either Steps or Richie to be effective. I love Gaborik and don't want him to play himself into irrelevance here because he needs to be an important part of the team for them to be successful.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Miller is looking really good. Hopefully he keeps it up. Perfect example of making the best out of the time you are given. Just wish Kreider would follow suit.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Disagree. He had a good game tonight but he hasn't looked good for a while before it.

He's made some mistakes but all-in-all he has looked good out there considering. He has patience and i like that about him. Lately he's been shooting almost every chance he gets and that's another thing i like about him. He had a few sketchy games there, but he's 19 and this is his first crack in an NHL lineup. He's moving along fine IMO.

BarbaraAlphanse

Wonder if Jesper Fasth could step in and fill out this team if his team gets knocked out early in the SEL.

Not comfortable with Bickel.

Maybe Zucc or Lindberg? Maybe Kreider?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Solid game the first 40 mins...

Nash was in beast mode and The King was THERE..

That's all we needed tonight...

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008

Boyle went from a 21 goal scorer to garbage. 18 goals in half a season. While it's obvious he was lucky, the fact that he hasn't scored in 16 games is pretty alarming. 1 assist. -7.

He's been taking stupid penalties. Boyle is a better player than that, even if I'm not a fan of him at all. He's been awful and is playing himself off this team.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I'm not a fan of overloading the top line with the big 3, but if Callahan and Stepan continue playing well together, and Hags keeps up this miracle of his, I think you go ahead and try Gabby Richie Nash, Hags Step Cally. Gabby isn't going to get going with Boyle as his center. Nash opens up a ton of room, maybe that'll jump start him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
right now Hagelin and Stepan are the Rangers 2 best players from the big 3.

I'd really consider re-uniting Nash, Gaborik, and Richards to try to get Richards & Gabby going again, and then put Cally with Hagelin and Stepan since, really, those 3 are our 3 best players right now.

just my 2 cents.

Stepan-Callahan doesn't work.
Richards-Gaborik doesn't work.

Why keep insisting on these combo's when you can just mix it up. Put Nash, Richards and Hagelin together, Pyatt, Stepan and Gaborik with Callahan, Miller and Halpern on the 3rd. Yes, I feel Halpern offers more than Boyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad