Contract Termination: Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Sharks management looks very smart at this point. They put him in the minors knowing he couldn't follow the rules forever, then when he doesn't, they have cause to terminate and get out of that contract with no strings. Good job Sharks.
You do realise this is not the end? Litigation is just about to start.

Reactions: MinJaBen

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
So the scenario would be that he tested negative when entering the country but tested positive while trying to come back?

I don't see how that would violate covid protocols and represent a breach of contract

probably. Also according to this Quarantine or isolation – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca Canadian Citizens can return to the country with symptoms or even testing positive. Just can’t go by air and they must quarantine upon arrival. How is this any different than the Maple Leafs (the team I follow) flying our guys who tested positive on the road home? So they can spend quarantine in Toronto. Maybe he just felt more comfortable quarantining in Vancouver. This is not a breach. Just a reach by San Jose.

Reactions: Guttersniped and cc

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
This seems like a logical fallacy, some sort of appeal to authority.

Just because some corporation made a decision, doesn't mean it was a good one or well thought out

Or just things people routinely do in the course of running a business.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
probably. Also according to this Quarantine or isolation – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca Canadian Citizens can return to the country with symptoms or even testing positive. Just can’t go by air and they must quarantine upon arrival. How is this any different than the Maple Leafs (the team I follow) flying our guys who tested positive on the road home? So they can spend quarantine in Toronto. Maybe he just felt more comfortable quarantining in Vancouver. This is not a breach. Just a reach by San Jose.

charter vs commercial is a big difference.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
What an interesting career if it ends here.
Have to wonder if he's bound to KHL now.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I want Kane off my team and to be done with him. But I'm not sure this is enough to stick. Hopefully it is. However we need more information on exactly what happened to know.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It didn't work for LA and Richards; it's not going to work now.

This is going to court, and it's gonna be there a while.
The issue with Richards didn’t necessarily impact his ability to play hockey right? He just got in some legal trouble but would reasonably been able to come back on the ice and they just didn’t want him?

We have to wait for the details here but if it prevents him from being able to do his job (especially given the Sharks didn’t decide to make up covid rules, they have to follow the leagues rules as well as local rules) considerably

and or if it’s happened multiple times and he repeatedly stupidly intentionally did something that would obviously prevent him from holding up his end of the contract I can see them having more cause than the Kings

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Chances of a min contract offer by any team this year?
Or KHL rest of this year and he hopes for a league min deal next year or is he done done ?
I kinda wish my Devils offer min deal however I’m guessing that is not such a smart thing to have someone like him hanging around the youngest team in the league. After noon game on Sunday and 3/4 of the team sleeps in and is hungover …
Vegas game in Vegas and Hughes , Bratt , Nico , Mercer all greased out of their minds all holding money phones while walking the strip at 3am before a game

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I don't think even Perry Mason could win with a case like that.
outrageous-jackiechiles.gif

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I feel like he and his agent will try one last crack at playing in the NHL for his hometown of Vancouver on a low end contract. Unfortunately for him, Benning isn't the GM of the team anymore and I don't think he fits into how the Rutherford wants to build the team.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I want Kane off my team and to be done with him. But I'm not sure this is enough to stick. Hopefully it is. However we need more information on exactly what happened to know.
There is so much speculation in this thread it's crazy.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
from reported news:

Kane had not played for the Sharks' AHL squad, the Barracuda, since Dec. 22 after entering COVID-19 protocols. The 30-year-old reportedly was symptomatic, but had apparently re-joined the team on Thursday.
The Athletic's Kevin Kurz reported Saturday citing league sources that Kane traveled to Vancouver while he was in COVID-19 positive, which played a major factor in the decision to terminate his contract.

his agent: no comment

so he tested positive AND was symptomatic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad