Contract Termination: Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It may be if he was barred from entering the states or added to the no fly list for committing that felony on an air plane. Either of those things would prevent him from continuing his career and it could happen here
Well that hasn't happened yet so it seems like the Sharks showed their hand here.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
We need to see the full details of this. And something tells me the sharks aren’t being 100% forth coming about the full details. As bad as Kane is lately, I don’t think he got on a flight knowing he was Covid positive. Also if he did that, wouldn’t that be national headlines right now as he probably would have gotten into deep shit at the airport.

Again until the Sharks provide concrete evidence I’m inclined to believe that this is bullshit. How was even allowed to get on the flight in the first place? And how did he get into Vancouver if this true? None of it makes sense, the Sharks need to fully explain this one.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Two separate issues. If he violates safety protocols, suspend him. If he gets rid of his debts, good for him. If he somehow ends up getting rid of his debts by violating safety protocols... well played I guess? :dunno:
and the ~23m he's walking away from?

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
All right .. so he traveled to Canada while knowing that he is covid positive and that’s the breach of protocol? Is that correct?

If so he did also maybe violate traveling rules, exposed others, broke quarantine rules etc … possibly federal law in usa too. Good riddance.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
All right .. so he traveled to Canada while knowing that he is covid positive and that’s the breach of protocol? Is that correct?

If so he did also maybe violate traveling rules, exposed others, broke quarantine rules etc … possibly federal law in usa too. Good riddance.

the problem is if this actually happened, he would have def been arrested or issued a fine at the airport and there would be more news about this. So something isn’t adding up, I think it’s more likely he didn’t know he was Covid positive and travelled when the team didn’t want him to on an off day. And then they found out he was positive after. I find it hard to believe he travelled knowing he was Covid positive.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Who knows where he ends up now. No NHL team wants him at this point.

My guess is somewhere in Europe, maybe KHL.

Whether or not he's in or out of the NHL, this won't be the last we hear from him.

At least we know how to reach him.
C8015529-D08F-4788-B1CD-14EDAF73BB5E.jpeg

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I would have to imagine that they've consulted their lawyers before making this move.. hence why its taken so long
This seems like a logical fallacy, some sort of appeal to authority.

Just because some corporation made a decision, doesn't mean it was a good one or well thought out

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
LA did this pretty much with both Slava Voynov and Mike Richards
Voynov lost his Visa and Richard's was at risk of losing his. In an international league it's much easier to make the case that such a thing is a material breach.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Voynov lost his Visa and Richard's was at risk of losing his. In an international league it's much easier to make the case that such a thing is a material breach.
I seem to remember LA trying to keep Voynov until it became a very public issue, and looking very ugly (is domestic abuse every pretty?)

cc

Feb 28, 2002
the problem is if this actually happened, he would have def been arrested or issued a fine at the airport and there would be more news about this. So something isn’t adding up, I think it’s more likely he didn’t know he was Covid positive and travelled when the team didn’t want him to on an off day. And then they found out he was positive after. I find it hard to believe he travelled knowing he was Covid positive.

So the scenario would be that he tested negative when entering the country but tested positive while trying to come back?

I don't see how that would violate covid protocols and represent a breach of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad