Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
NHL will probably add on a $5 million/year penalty on top for "basketball reasons"

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
It will be a colossal organizational failure if they let Kane play for this team again.

Don’t care how good of a hockey player he is.

What a terrible example for kids like Eklund to have around.

Reactions: Napreemer

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Something tells me the team will tell him to stay away until the investigations are over.

Allegedly his teammates have been complaining about him but they just swept it under the rug. They might continue to do that until the league steps in. It could be a Deshaun Watson situation and they have him playing 3rd string goalie or something.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
enough-gordonramsey.gif

DW is a big p***y…

Reactions: Dicdonya

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Kane just needs to go away. NHL and hockey does not need him.

Every sport has their POS , MLB has Trevor Bauer, NFL has DeShaun Watson and NHL has Kane and the Blackhawks.

I don't mind due-process but if everything points to guilty we make an example of these people and ban them for life.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
So like ... this is sordid, sure, but other than it being public, what business of Kane's teammates is this, let alone fans? Rich athlete has side chick problems, news at 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: tealzamboni

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
For the love of God, how many more things has he allegedly done? This is ridiculous. One thing after another. I have defended Kane and his contract but at this point I'm sick of it. I really hope the gambling allegations are true just so the NHL will terminate his contract and we get out of the cap hit. I am DONE!
Yup, I've been as big a Kane supporter as there is and I'm done. Can't wait for it to be resolved. Hope it's not with him in a Sharks jersey this season.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Welp. . .

*googles Evander Kane buyout calculator*

If we didn't miss the 2nd buyout window:

22 - $1.833M
23 - $3.833M
24 - $2.833M
25 - $4.833M
26 - $1.833M
27 - $1.833M
28 - $1.833M
29 - $1.833M

If we did:

23 - $3.666M
24 - $2.666M
25 - $4.666M
26 - $1.666M
27 - $1.666M
28 - $1.666M

I'm hoping it's too late to buy him out this summer and we do it next summer so the penalty is lesser and for less time, but at this point it seems inevitable
The 2nd buy out window closed 24 hours (48?) after Hill agreed to terms. It was based around his contract because he filed for arbitration.

Reactions: weastern bias

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I don't live in a glass house and I won't stoop to trashing a guy because his life is public and his mistakes and decisions are front page news. Doesn't make me better than the next fan, just my thought on it. Hope everything gets resolved and all of his debts get paid. I sincerely hope the betting allegations aren't true. I like Kane as a player and feel after all of this, ironically, he could become a better leader. Maybe teach the younger guys to learn from his mistakes. Resilience, perseverance and all that. Wishful thinking I know. I just don't want it to be true cause that's also really ugly. I want to believe there's some decency in Kane as a man and a professional.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I don't live in a glass house and I won't stoop to trashing a guy because his life is public and his mistakes and decisions are front page news. Doesn't make me better than the next fan, just my thought on it. Hope everything gets resolved and all of his debts get paid. I sincerely hope the betting allegations aren't true. I like Kane as a player and feel after all of this, ironically, he could become a better leader. Maybe teach the younger guys to learn from his mistakes. Resilience, perseverance and all that. Wishful thinking I know. I just don't want it to be true cause that's also really ugly. I want to believe there's some decency in Kane as a man and a professional.
Dude Kane is the furthest thing from a leader. That's just delusional.

Last edited:
Reactions: stator and Nprmr

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Dude Kane is the furthest thing from a leader. That's just delusional.
Its not delusional. Do I think he's leader material? Absolutely not, he hasnt shown anything in his entire career to indicate that.. thats why i put "ironically ", maybe it could be a blessing in disguise type thing, maybe it won't. I don't know.. And its also my opinion. Ya know, I'm starting to see why you get into it constantly with people on this board. I don't know what your issue is, I've never really taken issue with the way you address comments. I've always kinda blown it off, maybe you're young or defensive, I don't know. You come across as snobby and abrasive, often.

Reactions: Alwalys

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The 2nd buy out window closed 24 hours (48?) after Hill agreed to terms. It was based around his contract because he filed for arbitration.

That actually works better for the team in the long term

Bury the cap hit in the AHL this year and save $700K and just buy him out next summer, it will shorten the penalty and make it lower in the biggest years, that is if his contract isn't terminated by the league before then

Shane Wright, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad