Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
1. Led to losing to Crosby and watching him dance around with the cup while my dudes Pinkfloyd, Jumbo and Pavs looked on with sadness
2. Led to the Refs forever marking the sharks on their penalize on sight list
3. Nick Petrecki draft; also Dustin Brown

There’s always negativity here on HFSharks

Hell yeah dude, that's the kind of cynicism I need in my life

giphy.webp

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I had turned off Game 7 in 2019 early in the 3rd to play video games, but decided to turn back with little hope to see if anything had changed and it was right after Pavelski got hit, so I saw it all. To think if I had waited a few minutes I would have turned over and the Sharks would have led 4-3 and I'd be really confused.

Reactions: Sandisfan

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
We haven't seen anyone in like 3.5 months. Don't try and confirmation bias BS this take into existence now if you weren't pounding your chest about it prior to the Kane stuff.

My approach before the Kane investigation was a wait and see approach. But as more rumors begin to swirl the more life I feel it has. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

And it’s awfully pretentious of you to tell others how to react to the state of our franchise. We all have a different take, and those thoughts can vary over time. Respect that.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I had turned off Game 7 in 2019 early in the 3rd to play video games, but decided to turn back with little hope to see if anything had changed and it was right after Pavelski got hit, so I saw it all. To think if I had waited a few minutes I would have turned over and the Sharks would have led 4-3 and I'd be really confused.
Living in Vegas, I turned it off at 3-0 and drove to my bowling league. I got into the bowling alley bar right when Pavs went down and I remember saying to myself, "sure, why not?". The next 10 minutes were heaven. A bunch of Vegas "fans" losing their minds and it took everything in me not to act like a complete jackass.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I had a newborn during that Vegas game and I was watching a recording of the game (but was two periods behind). When they went down by 3 I just went ugh and “went live” on the feed about a minute before Pavs got hurt. The next 20 minutes I had to soundlessly scream in joy so as to not wake up my daughter. Best hockey game I’ve ever seen.

the Sharks should play that in their dressing room periodically to remember what being a team looks like..

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
A childs game? what in the f***
I don't understand why the reaction. This isn't something they picked up as adults. They all learned as children. Most were likely toddlers when they started. Prior to the pandemic I was taking my 9 year old to lessons, practice, stick time etc where he played this same game. Skate, pass, shoot puck in net. Other than the gambling, hookers, fighting and cocaine there isn't a big difference. To be fair though we haven't made all the games and practices so it's not inconceivable that we missed the days when they had blow and hookers. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: landshark

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I’m a Caps fan but I’m also an adult with cognitive function and working eyes and ears. You could not pray to make that trade today. If the Sharks trade Kane expect to take some kind of literally handicapping DUMP back. Kuznetsov is assuredly not available in any scenario involving Kane.
You need to go research DW's trade history prior to coming in hot like that about this team. I mean unless you're the Caps GM...? I'm assuming that's a no...?

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Judge rules Sharks' Evander Kane must face discovery in abortion-for-pay lawsuit

Athletic Paywall.

Sound like he could be paying lawyers more than his mortgage
At what point does the piling on of more and more public embarrassment for the organization open up a loophole to be rid of him once and for all? This is getting to be a circus right now and all of it is incredibly immature, selfish, and embarrassing behavior on Kane's part. At this point someone just bust him for something that allows for a termination as it's only a matter of time at this point until he does something else to get to that point.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
At what point does the piling on of more and more public embarrassment for the organization open up a loophole to be rid of him once and for all? This is getting to be a circus right now and all of it is incredibly immature, selfish, and embarrassing behavior on Kane's part. At this point someone just bust him for something that allows for a termination as it's only a matter of time at this point until he does something else to get to that point.
It is more likely the Sharks just get to foot his bill for four years

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
For the love of God, how many more things has he allegedly done? This is ridiculous. One thing after another. I have defended Kane and his contract but at this point I'm sick of it. I really hope the gambling allegations are true just so the NHL will terminate his contract and we get out of the cap hit. I am DONE!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Welp. . .

*googles Evander Kane buyout calculator*

If we didn't miss the 2nd buyout window:

22 - $1.833M
23 - $3.833M
24 - $2.833M
25 - $4.833M
26 - $1.833M
27 - $1.833M
28 - $1.833M
29 - $1.833M

If we did:

23 - $3.666M
24 - $2.666M
25 - $4.666M
26 - $1.666M
27 - $1.666M
28 - $1.666M

I'm hoping it's too late to buy him out this summer and we do it next summer so the penalty is lesser and for less time, but at this point it seems inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad