Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
My gut feeling:

The findings from the NHL's investigation are inconclusive

Kane plays next year and is our best player again by far

We miss the playoffs anyway

Players on the team still bitch and moan about him even though they aren't pulling their own weight

The org buys him out next summer leaving us with cap penalties through 2028

That pisses Meier off so he demands a trade

We get an underwhelming return since he'll be on the last year of his contract

Hertl walks in UFA, couldn't blame him

Good things don't happen anymore

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
When have good things happened anyway?

sharks_campbell_bowl_534363492.jpg

BNG-L-SHARKS-0424-139.jpg

E7FDSlPWEAYIyAD.jpg:large

Good things do happen

Rarely, but they do happen

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
My gut feeling:

The findings from the NHL's investigation are inconclusive

Kane plays next year and is our best player again by far

Kane settles his case, but rumblings of being the worst player off the ice persist.

We miss the playoffs anyway

Players on the team still bitch and moan about him even though they aren't pulling their own weight

The org buys him out next summer leaving us with cap penalties through 2028

That pisses Meier off so he demands a trade

We get an underwhelming return since he'll be on the last year of his contract

Hertl walks in UFA, couldn't blame him

Good things don't happen anymore

added one point

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
If Kane threw games, he sure seemed like the least obvious forward on most nights.

I also have a hard time imaging how he would've shaved points because his effort was pretty consistent and the game is too fast. Maybe he demotivated enough players at the right moment? But, in that case, the coaching/front office could've crushed morale far easier, so maybe they're the ones shaving points and cashing checks.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
If Kane threw games, he sure seemed like the least obvious forward on most nights.
I mean there is no telling how far back the allegations span. This idea that it's tied to last year is probably false. I would guess that if there was anything like that going on it probably is not just related to his time in SJ. Would have been very easy to bet on his Buffalo teams to lose most nights when he was there. Just because the allegation came out now, does not mean it is a super recent occurrence necessarily.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I wonder who the players are that said if he comes back they don’t want to. I hope it’s Vlasic. Maybe we can trade him then.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I wonder who the players are that said if he comes back they don’t want to. I hope it’s Vlasic. Maybe we can trade him then.

Who would want Vlasic? Maybe Edmonton will send a first for him.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Who would want Vlasic? Maybe Edmonton will send a first for him.
After seeing some of these ridiculous contracts handed out to defencemen I’m feeling like getting rid of him with retention obviously is not as difficult as i thought.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
At this point I’d keep Vlasic over Kane.

A loveable but surly pickle is better than someone who seemingly most of the roster hates.

Plus Vlasic will better help the team get a franchise player in the draft. Kane seems to be doing everything possible to push us out of the top 10.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
We know Boughner didn't do shit about Kane but I wonder if Deboer did a better job of reining him in, at least for a while. Deboer mailed it in at the end of his Sharks' tenure and maybe he got sick of dealing with Kane and the toxic locker room and was actively trying to get fired.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
DW's plan is starting to come together

"So Logan, Erik, Marc.....Edouard. You guys don't want to play with Kane anymore? Well since his game fixing allegations just so happened to come up now I can't trade him so here are the papers for mutual contract termination."

We get a top pick this year, buy out Kane, use the cap space from all the contracts we are now free of to have almost no competition in FA market, bring in Eklund, Bordeleau and Weissblatt and finally sign Pavelski as player coach

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
DW's plan is starting to come together

"So Logan, Erik, Marc.....Edouard. You guys don't want to play with Kane anymore? Well since his game fixing allegations just so happened to come up now I can't trade him so here are the papers for mutual contract termination."

We get a top pick this year, buy out Kane, use the cap space from all the contracts we are now free of to have almost no competition in FA market, bring in Eklund, Bordeleau and Weissblatt and finally sign Pavelski as player coach
Hell, based off last year, Pavs would be our best forward besides Kane and maybe Hertl. Screw being a coach, we need him on the ice.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
After 2 years of the league mocking us for being handed games, terrible contracts, and coming 3rd last without a first round pick in a deep draft...this has to happen.

As a sharks fan...as soon as I got happy when we drafted Eklund, I should've known something bad was going to happen.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
plot twist: the allegation is actually a chess move orchestrated by Kane to trigger an investigation that will expose other Sharks who were throwing games, and now those teammates are trying to throw Kane under the bus in panic mode

HMMMMMMMM IT ALL MAKES SENSE

shutterstock_222851092.jpg

Reactions: Alwalys

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
We know Boughner didn't do shit about Kane but I wonder if Deboer did a better job of reining him in, at least for a while. Deboer mailed it in at the end of his Sharks' tenure and maybe he got sick of dealing with Kane and the toxic locker room and was actively trying to get fired.

I suspect DeBoer might've had similar issues. IIRC Wilson had to step in and address the locker room in the beginning of the 2018-2019 season. So, things were probably shaky, even with Pavelski and Thornton's presence.

The thing I wonder is if DeBoer and Boughner are caught between being pro-player and pro-front office. I think both have gotten kudos for being player friendly at some point, so I imagine they do have a pulse on what the players need and are capable of communicating with them. But, judging at the on-ice schemes and PP, it looks like they are rolling out whatever the front office gives them. If they don't follow the master plans, then the front office is unhappy. But, if they follow the plans and keep losing, the players lose trust. Then, the front office makes another bad plan to fix things. Kind of a rock and hard place.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That's only 1 part of the equation. Motivated Kane x teammates who dont want to play with him = 0 (maybe)

Honestly this situation is more embarrassing than icing Jones. what happened to our model franchise?
Guys hate teammates all the time. If they can't move Kane the other players need to be pros and do their job. They're all getting paid a shit ton to play a Childs game. Figure it out. If they wanted him gone so bad maybe they shouldn't have been shooting off their mouth to hack reporters making it nearly impossible to move him. They made their bed with him.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Guys hate teammates all the time. If they can't move Kane the other players need to be pros and do their job. They're all getting paid a shit ton to play a Childs game. Figure it out. If they wanted him gone so bad maybe they shouldn't have been shooting off their mouth to hack reporters making it nearly impossible to move him. They made their bed with him.

A childs game? what in the f***

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
sharks_campbell_bowl_534363492.jpg

BNG-L-SHARKS-0424-139.jpg

E7FDSlPWEAYIyAD.jpg:large

Good things do happen

Rarely, but they do happen

1. Led to losing to Crosby and watching him dance around with the cup while my dudes Pinkfloyd, Jumbo and Pavs looked on with sadness
2. Led to the Refs forever marking the sharks on their penalize on sight list
3. Nick Petrecki draft; also Dustin Brown

There’s always negativity here on HFSharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad