Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
It's crazy that teams are jumping on a guy that SJ was paying to stay away from their team.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This is the perfect situation for Kane to right the ship. He can be a fast physical presence that could probably score 40 (in a full season) if he just gets his freaking act together. You get to play with the best player on the planet. All you have to do is not be a f***ing idiot.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I've fully bought into Carolina as a match for both sides. It's a quiet market that will allow him to get out of the spotlight for a bit; the organization successfully dealt with the fallout of the DeAngelo signing. Still, the potential for the playoff exposure that can get him paid again is there. It's not McDavid and/or Draisaitl, but he'd be with Aho and Teravainen before too long, imo. The Canes want a power winger to play there, allowing Svechnikov to drive his own line. Ferland was acquired for a reason. Kotkaniemi started there too. Martinook continues to find his way up in the lineup at times, which is quite undesirable. His expected contract term comes with little risk. He even has ties to the organization; Waddell drafted him.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Whoever is signing him is killing their season. If he does well, he's just going to destroy the team.

If it's Edmonton, Oiler fans are going to hate him more than Chris Pronger.

Reactions: lawrence

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I've fully bought into Carolina as a match for both sides. It's a quiet market that will allow him to get out of the spotlight for a bit; the organization successfully dealt with the fallout of the DeAngelo signing. Still, the potential for the playoff exposure that can get him paid again is there. It's not McDavid and/or Draisaitl, but he'd be with Aho and Teravainen before too long, imo. The Canes want a power winger to play there, allowing Svechnikov to drive his own line. Ferland was acquired for a reason. Kotkaniemi started there too. Martinook continues to find his way up in the lineup at times, which is quite undesirable. His expected contract term comes with little risk. He even has ties to the organization; Waddell drafted him.
As much alike as they are as disruptive players, I don't think Kane and DeAngelo could survive in the same locker room unless its like this forums rules. No politics allowed:laugh:. In that regard, they were both outspoken opposites on twitter before they both cleaned their twitter accounts.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Friedman on the 32 thoughts podcast said border services are now also investigating Kane.
Mentioned it within the first few minutes.

‎32 Thoughts: The Podcast: Like An Old Married Couple on Apple Podcasts
I am heavily leaning on that he doesnt play again this year, and gets a big fat 0 in arbitration from the sharks. This will be his second federal law violation in less than 6 months. Obviously he learned absolutely nothing on his first suspension, not that thats shocking.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
As much alike as they are as disruptive players, I don't think Kane and DeAngelo could survive in the same locker room unless its like this forums rules. No politics allowed:laugh:. In that regard, they were both outspoken opposites on twitter before they both cleaned their twitter accounts.

If you can't keep your head down for a few months playing for Rod Brind'Amour, you deserve to be banished to Russia.

Reactions: ConorMcGregor

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I am heavily leaning on that he doesnt play again this year, and gets a big fat 0 in arbitration from the sharks. This will be his second federal law violation in less than 6 months. Obviously he learned absolutely nothing on his first suspension, not that thats shocking.

It's not the league's business to police federal law, if Kane gets sentenced then the league can react to it.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It's not the league's business to police federal law, if Kane gets sentenced then the league can react to it.
First of all, I never said it was. Second, the league does not have to wait for American and/or Canadian officials to decide if he broke federal law. If Kane did indeed travel, against health restrictions, he violated his contract. Not to forget the fact that he failed to report back to the team when he was supposed to. The league has every right to decided if his conduct is unbecoming of a player in the NHL.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Will be the same as DeAngelo, a great player at bargain price point (contact wise).

Except Kane is the world champion of assholes.

Kane makes DeAngelo look like Patrice Bergeron.

This could backfire on any team that signs him.

Reactions: o6mopok

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Except Kane is the world champion of assholes.

Kane makes DeAngelo look like Patrice Bergeron.

This could backfire on any team that signs him.
This will also backfire for teams who will be playing against edmonton sire. Kane makes edmonton so much more stronger..... they shall win a lot of games with kane out there. Real strong and steady. Kane was the best regular season player on the sharks roster last season. Other sharks players were jelious to him.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Look Im no fan of Evander Kane.

But it seems allot of people do not realize Kane is ONLY SIGNING FOR 4-5 MONTHS! (assuming a team Is able to sign him to play pending the investigation)

Are people just not digesting this? In all previous times , the issue is that Kane eventually wears out his welcome and starts to do stupid things. There's is 0 risk to have him for 4-5 months with 0 assests spent and a prorated salary ( likly around 750 k from 1.5 mill).

People are acting like Kane will sign, proceed to meet up with his new team, twirl his mustache and say to everyone " Didn't you guys read twitter? heheheheee IM BAAAAD!..I'm a cancer and I'm going to piss you all off..hehehe" (Jumping up and down like an over excited kid)

Guys, first sign of trouble, you can burry Kane and his prorated salary in the AHL until July 1 and then hes is gone. Off the books. Finito.

Do people not realize this? He is not signing for 8 years here. For a team like Edmonton, it's virtually 0 risk.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Could you reference or explain the details of those two “federal laws” violation incidents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad