Speculation: Evander Kane Megathread - Under termination appeal, NHL investigation, & looking for a new contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oh I'll be pissed if he somehow ends up in Toronto. I'll have no trouble whatsoever expressing my displease E and to the Leafs in whatever ways I can

How so? Will you find another club to support, stop watching hockey? What exactly? If it’s complain on HF that means literally nothing.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Evander Kane is the best.

No other NHL player has been given so many chances and f***ed them up. Usually players have to go NHL/NHLPA rehab, this guy keeps on chugging. Go for it Edmonton or Toronto. Why he isn't in rehab; we all know why.

Reactions: TML1990

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
as a fan of the team who signs him do you just pretend he's an awesome guy or do you acknowledge your team just got a lot more scummy?
When it seemed like the Oilers had signed him some were torn.
Some said he was fine and never really did anything that bad. Just a gambler and either hand waved or ignored the rest.
Some just said they disconnect person from player so their personal life didn’t matter.
Some brought up that because other hockey players the Oilers have signed in their history have been shitty people it doesn’t matter. And the fact that other sports and teams have shitty people too, who cares, shitty people are in sports.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
as a fan of the team who signs him do you just pretend he's an awesome guy or do you acknowledge your team just got a lot more scummy?
How about neither. I don’t imagine my team will sign him. So a bit irrelevant. But if they did, I’d say he is not an awesome guy. But the team is trying everything to win.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
The self-righteousness, judgmental and un-empathetic fans regarding this situation is not healthy at all for the sport and it's growth/image.

Everyone has skeletons, everyone has their vices and everyone gets challenged with adversity at some point in their life. Kane's are made public, front and center spotlight, mainly due a scorned ex-wife that tried to bury him with the game betting reveal and domestic violence claims. He actually filed for a restraining order against her for domestic abuse. People laugh that off, but I've seen what scorned women are willing to do (divorces), they will lie cheat and steal to attempt to ruin the rest of your life. Not saying he's innocent or that she's a liar, but it's never black and white, that one is right the other is wrong. There are layers to this none of us will never know about

He has alot of work to do, to rejuvenate his career, resurrect his passion for the game and restore confidence in himself as a human being whilst evolving into a good teammate. If he's willing to commit to that, treat it as a last chance and if there's a team willing to give him the rope and support to do so, all for it. And he if succeeds in doing so, it's a great message and example of challenging your demons, and yourself; and re-inventing your path regardless of the path already travelled

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Tought this was reported as a done deal with Edmonton for 1,5mil?

The league isn't allowing him to sign while it investigates I think - or maybe its a team doesn't want to sign him until they know what the suspension for violating covid protocols will be this time. Can't quite remember.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I don't think there's a risk for the rest of the year. The risk is if anyone gives him a longer term deal in the offseason. Kane will behave long enough to fool someone else into thinking he's worth the trouble on big money.

Can NHL contracts have clauses to protect the team? Say a buyout clause every year, or club options every year, so the team can just walk away at the end of any season?

If so, might not be a bad idea. If he turns it around, he could be tradable, if not just say bye bye.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Can NHL contracts have clauses to protect the team? Say a buyout clause every year, or club options every year, so the team can just walk away at the end of any season?

If so, might not be a bad idea. If he turns it around, he could be tradable, if not just say bye bye.

Without trying to find whats been agreed to between NHL and NHLPA, I highly doubt the union would allow such clauses.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Well it looks like the expectations from Kane's camp is that he will sign somewhere by the weekend

EDIT: Just noticed the date of the tweet. So alas likely said before NHL informed them of the investigation

Reactions: Stubu

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
271722685_5056449997744322_5040305494269892289_n.jpg

bleach-eyes.gif

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
So you just wont watch the games?

You can not like a player and still want to watch the team. You might even cheer for them scoring on the ice that doesn't mean your happy with the choice. Expecting hardcore fans to stop watching isn't really realistic. I don't want Kane to sign with the Leafs, but if he did I'd still watch them. If I could watch them miss the playoffs for years in a row, I could watch them with a player who I think is a bit of idiot.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The self-righteousness, judgmental and un-empathetic fans regarding this situation is not healthy at all for the sport and it's growth/image.

Everyone has skeletons, everyone has their vices and everyone gets challenged with adversity at some point in their life. Kane's are made public, front and center spotlight, mainly due a scorned ex-wife that tried to bury him with the game betting reveal and domestic violence claims. He actually filed for a restraining order against her for domestic abuse. People laugh that off, but I've seen what scorned women are willing to do (divorces), they will lie cheat and steal to attempt to ruin the rest of your life. Not saying he's innocent or that she's a liar, but it's never black and white, that one is right the other is wrong. There are layers to this none of us will never know about

He has alot of work to do, to rejuvenate his career, resurrect his passion for the game and restore confidence in himself as a human being whilst evolving into a good teammate. If he's willing to commit to that, treat it as a last chance and if there's a team willing to give him the rope and support to do so, all for it. And he if succeeds in doing so, it's a great message and example of challenging your demons, and yourself; and re-inventing your path regardless of the path already travelled
You make it sound like this is a second chance for him when it’s more like his fourth chance, when is it enough?

Sure put the gambling and domestic charges aside because they were never proven to be true, but what about the fake vaccination documents and travel while being positive? Never mind the fact that his teammates on two teams don’t want him around should say a lot about him as a person.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Do you by chance follow other sports leagues?
Dollar, Dollar, Bills

Not only sports, but real life. How many musicians, actors, politicians, businessmen, etc. have done awful things in their past? Not sure why fans act like sports should have a stricter set of standards than other fields. People make mistakes, but most people deserve a chance to redeem themselves.

I have a feeling Kane is gonna crush it if/when he signs with a team.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Well it looks like the expectations from Kane's camp is that he will sign somewhere by the weekend

EDIT: Just noticed the date of the tweet. So alas likely said before NHL informed them of the investigation

Good catch.

I was wondering why the agent was so cocky about getting him a contract this weekend when I'd already seen the news about the investigation.

teal

Aug 8, 2006
Evander Kane is the best.

No other NHL player has been given so many chances and f***ed them up. Usually players have to go NHL/NHLPA rehab, this guy keeps on chugging. Go for it Edmonton or Toronto. Why he isn't in rehab; we all know why.

Why?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Oilers fans on a mission to vindicate their latest signing

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Not only sports, but real life. How many musicians, actors, politicians, businessmen, etc. have done awful things in their past? Not sure why fans act like sports should have a stricter set of standards than other fields. People make mistakes, but most people deserve a chance to redeem themselves.

I have a feeling Kane is gonna crush it if/when he signs with a team.
I can see him bursting out of the gate to begin the season. Guy is a 5 star player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad