LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've read this. This was the basis of his contract termination. Why hasn't this already been 'investigated'?
It’s currently being investigated. I’m sorry a day or two slower than you want upsets you so much and slows down your ability to cheer for Kane

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I just watched the tsn video of Tippett and McDavid’s media availability from today and all the reporters wanted to ask them was about the Kane speculation. Seemed they were getting annoyed. Not even on the team and already a distraction lol.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
His contract has already been terminated.
The NHL doesn’t need to investigate for a team to terminate the contract they never do. San Jose saw him do it so they terminated their contract with them. The NHL is now doing a further investigation because he would of also broke league and potentially federal rules.

Like if your boss fires you for something major, like say assault or huge theft or something. They can. And then the company can further investigate to see if they also want to press charges

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just watched the tsn video of Tippett and McDavid’s media availability from today and all the reporters wanted to ask them was about the Kane speculation. Seemed they were getting annoyed. Not even on the team and already a distraction lol.
They probably prefer it to “so you guys are still losing how are you finally going to stop losing”

Reactions: thaman8765678

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
His contract has already been terminated.

I think a large part of what's missing is what the termination process actually is. The team initiates it after consulting with the league. League can't exactly investigate something before certain actions are taken including the team requesting unconditional waivers, clearing waivers to actually process the termination requested, and the PA grieve the action.

Reactions: belair

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
So he's basically a free agent, with those 3 teams eh. Of course, I'd love to see him shotgun McDavid, and that would do wonders for the resurrection of his career. But let's be real, this is Evander Kane, he's all about lifestyle, not legacy.
The other 2 choices are Tampa and Florida? lmfao, so it's a choice between vibrant Sunny non-covid restricted state, with 2 of the best teams in the NHL, or the Northern most city in the league, in which it was -30C here for the past month, not to mention the 2nd most struggling team in the league the last 13 games, and in Canada aka covid nation.

Doesn't seem like a hard choice to me. I would to love see him come here and go on a heater, but cmon now

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I’ve been stashing him on my fantasy team so would love to see him reinstated but how can he not face another suspension if he did break AHL protocol and the law? Conversely, if he did not then how can his contract be terminated?

And this must be really easy to determine - either tested positive or didn’t and either he boarded a plane or didn’t. Should be easy enough facts to confirm. In fact there are systems in place designed to confirm these very facts for every single person.

Reactions: MinimaMoralia

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
If he was solely deciding on anti Vax I don't think Edmonton is even close to the running, seeing how Alberta is 85.6% fully vaccinated with Edmonton being considerably more vaccinated than Calgary, and the entire US is only 62.6% fully vaccinated.

But don't let facts change your narrative.

COVID-19 Tracker Canada - Provincial Vaccination Tracker

Calgary is higher than Edmonton according to that.

Living in Calgary and having been to Florida in November, they are not even close to the same restrictions. Florida acts like covid doesn't exist. I was at the wjc in empty arenas in Edmonton, but at a college football game with 89k in Florida.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I would not take Evander Kane for free.

Oiler fans are desperate if they think this is a good move. He will destroy any character left in that locker room.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Why would anyone want this guy? Do you really want to expose your locker room to someone like him?

You would have to GIVE me a 1st round pick with him for me to take him on my team and play him.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i have a feeling tampa will give him a ninth chance . good luck dealing with the lightning in the playoffs.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Tim Peel doubling down.

"I did announce it. He is going to Edmonton. McDavid and Draisaitl are excited to play with Evander Kane #oilers #nhl #HockeyTwitter"

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Nice of the media to distort what McDavid is saying by editing out the question he was asked. His answer here is about Kane being suspended for submitting a fake vaccination card a few months ago. He is not talking about or brushing aside all of Kane's other issues such as the domestic abuse and sexual assault allegations.

The question was:

"Given that we are in a global pandemic, and there could be some optics issues perhaps with bringing him in, do you feel that in regards to what happen in terms of his suspension whether there'd be optics issues with bringing a player like that in?"

Last edited:

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Tim Peel doubling down.

"I did announce it. He is going to Edmonton. McDavid and Draisaitl are excited to play with Evander Kane #oilers #nhl #HockeyTwitter"

Tim Peel is an embarrassment and McDavid pretty much all but announced it himself he's going to EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad