LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
If Edmonton wants any hope and prayer of not only making the playoffs, but not becoming a door mat for the team they play against in the first round, they need a coach more than Kane. They’re going about this the absolute wrong way

Improving your on-ice roster is never the "wrong way" regardless of if you are failing to improve your coaching staff. It's not a one or the other move....

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
wasn't there a tweet that the NHL is looking into the Kane situation and he may not be able to sign with another team for a while?
anyone able to give me the tweet Im having issues finding it.
unless im crazy and I imagined it which is actually possible

Reactions: TML1990

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I heard on the radio now the league has put a stop to it and is not gonna do an investigation or something. Only caught bits and pieces but seems weird that they would let teams negotiate with him just to put everything on hold. Luke isn't this soemthing they should of done prior?
Definitely sire. We are investigating the same thing you are. You are right.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
He could but the odds of that happening are probably less than 1%.

If the story that is on record for Kane is true and he met the covid quarantine timelines without breaking protocols before he went to Canada, then SJ is looking at a breach of contract. If you were owed 22.5 million dollars how hard would you fight for that cash? You can hate his behavior and antics, but a contract is a contract, and it is there to protect both parties. If SJ did breach they may be looking at 7 million cap hit staying on their books until it is gone. If Kane did f*** up he can kiss that money good bye, but if not then SJ made a huge blunder.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Yes, but some places are more lenient towards anti-vax through policies than others. He's obviously anti-vax if he went through those measures, do you disagree?

The most lenient:

USA: Florida
Canada: Alberta

Where does he want to go?
Vancouver but they’re not interested

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
His top 3 choices make sense:

Florida, Alberta.

Pick the most anti-vaccine/anti-lockdown places in their respective countries.

I still don't see why he'd pick Edmonton but he's made a ton of dumb decisions lately, so it's par the course.

If he was solely deciding on anti Vax I don't think Edmonton is even close to the running, seeing how Alberta is 85.6% fully vaccinated with Edmonton being considerably more vaccinated than Calgary, and the entire US is only 62.6% fully vaccinated.

But don't let facts change your narrative.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
The NHL should NOT let Kane sign with ANY team...this guy provided a FAKE vaccine card in September and 4 months later he flew into Canada when he was suppose to be isolating after testing positive for Covid??

2 Covid infractions in a short time should entail the rest of the year suspended AND part of next season too in my opinion. Throw the book at this guy!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If he was solely deciding on anti Vax I don't think Edmonton is even close to the running, seeing how Alberta is 85.6% fully vaccinated with Edmonton being considerably more vaccinated than Calgary, and the entire US is only 62.6% fully vaccinated.

What do other people being vaccinated have to do with him? Alberta had a no mask policy all summer while the rest of Canada didn't. If you're anti-vax/anti-mask and you want to play in Canada, Alberta is by far the most right wing.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
f***ing hell. Go to Edmonton. Atlantic is already a bloodbath. Kane is a nutcase and probably won't last very long in the league anyways but he's good when he's on.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The NHL should NOT let Kane sign with ANY team...this guy provided a FAKE vaccine card in September and 4 months later he flew into Canada when he was suppose to be isolating after testing positive for Covid??

2 Covid infractions in a short time should entail the rest of the year suspended AND part of next season too in my opinion. Throw the book at this guy!

Yeah, he's a selfish, self-entitled POS. Unfortunately, the league has people who don't care about whether or not someone is good or bad, and they're just trying to save their jobs.

Ken Holland already bending over for him to come over after his 'the answer is in the room' slogan. :laugh:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yeah, he's a selfish, self-entitled POS. Unfortunately, the league has people who don't care about whether or not someone is good or bad, and they're just trying to save their jobs.

Ken Holland already bending over for him to come over and his 'the answer is in the room' slogan. :laugh:
They're the ones with the skins in the game, easy to act morally superior when it's just banter from the peanut gallery

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
They're the ones with the skins in the game, easy to act morally superior when it's just banter from the peanut gallery

Well not every team is lining up to sign the guy, so tell some of the other GM's to get out of the peanut gallery and lower their morals to your standard.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the story that is on record for Kane is true and he met the covid quarantine timelines without breaking protocols before he went to Canada, then SJ is looking at a breach of contract. If you were owed 22.5 million dollars how hard would you fight for that cash? You can hate his behavior and antics, but a contract is a contract, and it is there to protect both parties. If SJ did breach they may be looking at 7 million cap hit staying on their books until it is gone. If Kane did f*** up he can kiss that money good bye, but if not then SJ made a huge blunder.

Not really because the quarantine timeline stuff is only one of the two issues that led to this. Just because Kane may have met the timelines from federal officials doesn't mean he met the requirements of the AHL covid protocols. He didn't and even if he did, he still went m.i.a. and didn't report for a week.

As for the money, it's just not that simple. The money tied to his contract with the Sharks very likely is money that wasn't going to go to him.

Again, there is very little chance the Sharks are in breach of contract given what is known thus far. There's next to no chance they get stuck with the full hit. The worst that can be charged is the buyout value. That's it but chances are they will see much less than the buyout figure.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Well not every team is lining up to sign the guy, so tell some of the other GM's to get out of the peanut gallery and lower their morals to your standard.
Not all GM has their owner/fans breathing down their necks to the same degree nor are all teams actually fighting for the cup.
I follow many sports and once he was cleared of gambling on his own sport by the league then it all came down to being a lousy teammate. Which isn't uncommon at all in those other leagues.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If this violation was serious enough to void his contract, why would the league allow him to sign another? It makes little sense. If his action was so bad you would think he would be barred from the league.
If a COVID infraction is enough to ban someone, that leaves the door open for that to happen to anyone that does it. It's a slippery slope.

My question is why the NHL didn't feel this was necessary to have his contract termination authorized.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If a COVID infraction is enough to ban someone, that leaves the door open for that to happen to anyone that does it. It's a slippery slope.

My question is why the NHL didn't feel this was necessary to have his contract termination authorized.
Regardless of how much of a problem child Kane is I’m hoping my team signs him. Then I’m hoping he isn’t suspended

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I can't see Tampa being interested. No way does Cooper, Hedman, Kucherov, Killorn and company put up with Kane in the locker room. Kucherov would probably end up getting in a fight with him.

Reactions: thaman8765678

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Evander Kane could face NHL discipline for alleged COVID protocol violations - Daily Faceoff

It might be serious enough that he lied on a federal document and could see a massive fine or jail time. I’d say that’s more than just a “covid infraction”. I’d say breaking federal laws is definitely enough to ban or suspend.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
What do other people being vaccinated have to do with him? Alberta had a no mask policy all summer while the rest of Canada didn't. If you're anti-vax/anti-mask and you want to play in Canada, Alberta is by far the most right wing.

Why would he choose any Canadian city if he cared about restrictions? Lol

Reactions: KidLine93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad