LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Doesn’t matter, he needed medical clearance and Sharks permission, he had neither.

No... to travel he didn't need medical clearance legally as he was exempt due to the BC flooding and his travel being essential in nature as of the change given from Dec 17th indefinitely.

And to be frank, I think 99/100 people are just going if their primary residence is in a catastrophic event, giving notice and not asking permission or checking for receipt of communication from their employer.

I think it's reasonable what the sharks did given the complete circus show Kane has been recently, but I think if it wasn't the straw that broke the back after the whole other heap of shit its entirely a non-issue.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The sharks are not the Canadian government. I understand the reasoning that the sharks can get mad at him and punish him with regards to his contract.

But like... dudes house was in the middle of a flood that caused 7.5 billion in property damage. I'd be shocked if the CBA didn't have emergency leave provisions for players.

Idk, would you get fired from your job if you left because your house was on fire?

Is there any evidence that Kane's house was in a flood or that he went through any process to leave for those reasons? I've yet to hear any reports of such a thing. If he did, I'm sure they would've given him that clearance but that's not what is going on to this point. To this point, he left quarantine before he got medical clearance to do so and that's why his contract got terminated. Maybe it doesn't hold up entirely but typically those in an emergency situation can pretty easily prove such a thing. And honestly, I don't think Kane would want to prove such a thing. He probably wanted out of that contract for his own benefit anyway.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I can see why Kane and them NHLPA are arguing against the termination of the contract--due to what they claim he did--they walk away scot free from the contract--no penalties

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Is there any evidence that Kane's house was in a flood or that he went through any process to leave for those reasons? I've yet to hear any reports of such a thing. If he did, I'm sure they would've given him that clearance but that's not what is going on to this point. To this point, he left quarantine before he got medical clearance to do so and that's why his contract got terminated. Maybe it doesn't hold up entirely but typically those in an emergency situation can pretty easily prove such a thing. And honestly, I don't think Kane would want to prove such a thing. He probably wanted out of that contract for his own benefit anyway.

November 2021 Pacific Northwest floods - Wikipedia

Look at the map. The entire f***ing province flooded.

How would he know the extent of the damage without taking the essential travel trip to survey it? I sure as shit would be making the trip as soon as possible, personally.

Flooding happened Dec 14th. His last game before Christmas was on the 21st where he tested positive. He flew on the 28th, after both the CDC mandated 5 day quarantine and the British Columbia mandated 7 day quarantine.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No... to travel he didn't need medical clearance legally as he was exempt due to the BC flooding and his travel being essential in nature as of the change given from Dec 17th indefinitely.

And to be frank, I think 99/100 people are just going if their primary residence is in a catastrophic event, giving notice and not asking permission or checking for receipt of communication from their employer.

I think it's reasonable what the sharks did given the complete circus show Kane has been recently, but I think if it wasn't the straw that broke the back after the whole other heap of shit its entirely a non-issue.

First off BC flooding does not make him exempt, league protocol trumps that, NHL never changed it’s Protocol until December 29th, doesn’t matter when CDC changes. December 29 was the US change, Canada came later.

Investigation, so nothing happens until over, and it’s determined if contract can be nullified.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Professional sports league can't deny someone's citizenship rights.

If BC's quarantine period was 7 days and the US was 5 days, it looks like he would clear both.

Mar 26, 2010
Kane more than likely hoping for an offer from spmeone else. lol!
Haha I thought that myself. I think he said he wants to go to a contender. That immediately crosses the Oilers off the list.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Look at the map. The entire f***ing province flooded.

How would he know the extent of the damage without taking the essential travel trip to survey it? I sure as shit would be making the trip as soon as possible, personally.

Flooding happened Dec 14th. His last game before Christmas was on the 21st where he tested positive. He flew on the 28th, after both the CDC mandated 5 day quarantine and the British Columbia mandated 7 day quarantine.

He has family there that he takes care of that could certainly do that work for him if he wants them to. Again, if he had an emergency to take care of, that would be very easy to prove for him and nothing even remotely close to that has even been hinted at.

He still needed to get medical clearance to leave quarantine and he never got that so even if he can travel according to the governments, he didn't follow protocol as it relates to his contract.

You can keep trying to point to government stuff and all that but that's simply moving the goal post. What you put these allegations against is the league's protocols and he didn't follow them allegedly so this other stuff you keep trying to bring into this is absolutely irrelevant.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

so...guilty then.

Nothing in that sentence makes that travel essential or an emergency. It was two weeks after flooding occurred. He played a game after the emergency and only skipped town because he was in protocol and didn't think he had to report.

I dont even really care about this but you negated your own argument

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Professional sports league can't deny someone's citizenship rights.

If BC's quarantine period was 7 days and the US was 5 days, it looks like he would clear both.

They aren't denying his citizenship rights. He violated league rules and his league contract was terminated as a result.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Haha I thought that myself. I think he said he wants to go to a contender. That immediately crosses the Oilers off the list.
There was speculation in the OP of Tampa, Florida and Edmonton. One is not like the rest. We can speculate whether the Florida teams have indeed thrown their hats in or is it wishful thinking on Kane's part. lol!

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Last year Kane was an elite play driving forward who scored a lot, played physical, took far less (than usual) penalties, and was an excellent two-way forward who excelled on the pk.

Playing with RNH isn't the same as Hertl, but I think he'd bring exactly the secondary scoring Edmonton desperately needs. Maybe they go all in and acquire a few other depth pieces at the deadline.

As a Sharks fan, I'm just glad there was no buyout.

Yep. Shàrks are dancing in the street

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I dont understand why EDM is a choice over alot of other teams. wish he would have interest in the Leafs but oh well.
FLA and TB I completely understand
why no interest in CAR, NYR or WSH?
even VGK

Mar 26, 2010
There was speculation in the OP of Tampa, Florida and Edmonton. One is not like the rest. We can speculate whether the Florida teams have indeed thrown their hats in or is it wishful thinking on Kane's part. lol!
No kidding! One is not like the others :sarcasm:.

Hopefully our boy Dubas has reached out to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad