LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If the NHL suspends him, It will be interesting to see how that would be enforced on a player with no contract. Will it be a time based suspension ? (cant sign or be in the NHL until a certain date) or would his suspension be applied to his next contact. ?

Also wondering if the NHL needs to wait for the end result of the grievance before handing out any punishment. If they do not and rule a suspension or other punishment before the grievance case, then things can get muddy. How does that influence the grievance ruling? It would look silly if the arbiter sides with Kane but the NHL says hes guilty. Could there be 2 grievances at once?

I believe this is uncharted waters.

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm a little upset. I really enjoyed the 2021 Florida-Tampa Stanley Cup matches.
I would love to watch the 2022 Florida-Tampa Stanley Cup matches.
With new Florida players: Kane, Chychrun, Kessel, Crouse.
I mean losing Lundell weakens our SC chances. I don't think we need Crouse; Marchment plays similarly. If you keep Lundell at C, Kessel is worse than Verhaege. Kane is doable.

Chychrun is the dream, but it requires BA loving Knighter...

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the NHL suspends him, It will be interesting to see how that would be enforced on a player with no contract. Will it be a time based suspension ? (cant sign or be in the NHL until a certain date) or would his suspension be applied to his next contact. ?

Also wondering if the NHL needs to wait for the end result of the grievance before handing out any punishment.

I believe the NHL can suspend him and give him punishment separately from the whole grievance. The grievance will be more looking at if what he did was enough for the Sharks to break the contract, not so much if he did the thing. Cause they know he did the thing.

I think it would also just be a game suspension that will be served whenever he is signed to a team and healthy to play he has to sit for those games.

Its possible the Sharks have to treat Kane like a buyout in the end and Kane sees some penalty from the NHL as well.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He would be better with Draisaitl then McDavid . I think they should run

RNH McDavid Puljujarvi
Hyman Draisaitl Yamamoto
Kane McLeod Kassian

Move Kassian and Kane around when the games get rough , 1 on each of McDavid and Draisaitl wing

I don’t think he works with Drai either, unless Draisaitl is comfortable letting someone else have the puck the majority of the time. Kane’s a really good player but not someone who is easy for other top players to gel with.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Probably good for the nhl if he doesn’t get signed… but I also added him to my fantasy pool so please sign with EDM and play with McDavid!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don’t think he works with Drai either, unless Draisaitl is comfortable letting someone else have the puck the majority of the time. Kane’s a really good player but not someone who is easy for other top players to gel with.
When he was younger his best linemate was Taylor Hall who loved having the puck. His most common linemate for his entire career has been McDavid....who loves having the puck.
Draisaitl doesn't mind giving the puck to a linemate as long as that linemate is willing to pass.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Hey evander come play with the oilers on the 3rd line where you can play with generational talents like McLeod and kassian!

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Also wondering if the NHL needs to wait for the end result of the grievance before handing out any punishment. If they do not and rule a suspension or other punishment before the grievance case, then things can get muddy. How does that influence the grievance ruling? It would look silly if the arbiter sides with Kane but the NHL says hes guilty. Could there be 2 grievances at once?

I don't think it's an actual suspension but I would assume that the league would simply refuse to allow the signing to be official. What language they have that would allow that? I'm not sure.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I thought Edm was for sure gonna sign him, but now Im leaning Tb. Just seems like a move they would make, plus Kane probably wants to party in Florida.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Likely wont be able to sign until investigation over per Freidman

i feel like this is going to end up in a dispute over who signed him. Like maybe Edmonton has a deal but then once this is settled Kane signs with Florida. Edmonton than files dispute.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Kane being investigated for border crossing? He's a Canadian citizen. They really don't want him to succeed and are doing everything they can to stop him.

Doesn’t matter if he is a Canadian citizen,’he was supposed to quarantine not hop on a commercial flight and fly home.

Reactions: TFHockey

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If you believe what Holland said yesterday, none of that will likely happen. Can't find any trade partners, doesn't want to trade firsts or top prospects, believes Smith and Koskinen are good enough, that Tippet is doing a good job and the answer to all the roster problems will come from within. If does make trades using secondary and lesser assets, will he be able to get players that will solve the problems or will they be lateral moves that don't do anything?

A few weeks ago it was unlikely that any team would even look at Kane and here we are.

Anything is possible. In the Oilers case, we'll start at plausible but it's not impossible.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
It’s amusing to see some Oilers fans claim that signing Kane will put them into contender status. I guess they forgot about their horrendous defence and garbage goaltenders, not to mention the subpar coach. One signing will not move the needle much

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
A few weeks ago it was unlikely that any team would even look at Kane and here we are.

Anything is possible. In the Oilers case, we'll start at plausible but it's not impossible.
I actually believe everything Holland said. Which should make oiler fans very very concerned. Edmonton is screwed. Holland made his moves in the summer bringing in Keith, Ceci and resigning Barrie. Traded bear for foegele to address depth scoring. And signed a 39 yr old injury prone smith as your starter for 2 years. He used up all his cap space he had and now it’s time to ride it out because he has no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad