LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Thing with Kane, its hard to know about the spousal allegations. Not sure its been proven. His wife (or ex-wife) seems like a piece of work as well. Fact that courts gave him custody of child should be somewhat telling. Who knows with the guy. I'm sure that hes not a good guy but I do think people are painting him with a brush thats not quite fair. Lots of people cheat on their spouses and have gambling problems.
Exactly. He doesn't seem like a good guy and its clear he's not well liked in a number of dressing rooms. But for all the idiots in here posting about the gun video, do you really think he would still have custody of the kid if they had him on video threatening the family at gun point?? How stupid can they be? She got caught in a few lies (gambling on his own games). I would hate for half these posters to find out how many of their favorite players have been cheating on their significant others.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Why on Earth are teams lining up to sign this guy? It's insanity. He's a fricking cancer and literally just got mutually terminated because he couldn't be trusted to follow the most basic of instructions.

Because some times care more for hockey first.
Evander Kane can still play and is a heck of a player. You are getting a 30 goal scorer who can drop the gloves, hit for nothing
All that just to play him for the playoffs. You don't have to deal with him if he doesn't work out, other than few months

Him next to Kuch and Stamkos will be a handful for any team to handle. He can be an X factor to a lot of teams. Not only that, he can tip the scale.
If you Tampa gets Kane or Florida, that will force other teams to make drastic moves. Boston can't beat Tampa as is, neither can Toronto

This signee if he goes to Tampa or Florida will have a massive effect in the East. Not only you get a heck of a player, you now force other team to make moves

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Exactly. He doesn't seem like a good guy and its clear he's not well liked in a number of dressing rooms. But for all the idiots in here posting about the gun video, do you really think he would still have custody of the kid if they had him on video threatening the family at gun point?? How stupid can they be? She got caught in a few lies (gambling on his own games). I would hate for half these posters to find out how many of their favorite players have been cheating on their significant others.

Hockey players do that all the time at every level, including the NHL. I've have a number of good friends run into players (pre-covid) who are married and hitting on everything that moves. Home team and visiting teams. Like. All. The. Time.

Reactions: KidLine93

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It would be a huge mistake and risk for Florida if they sign him. They're contenders and second in the league. Why would you sign this loser and bring drama into the locker room? There is a reason why Winnipeg, Buffalo and SJ all wanted this guy out of their organization.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Pros for EDM

-Guaranteed top 6 role. If chemistry is there McDavid could help get him points which he needs to get a good next contract.

- Way closer to home than FLA (Vancouver)

- Extra Media attention by playing in Canada could make him stand out more when auditioning for new contract (assuming he thinks he can stay out of trouble for a few months)

Pros to FLA

- Less/No COVID restrictions in society

-Less media attention on his "antics" if he feels he may slip up

- Less taxes/better quality of life for "elite" minded people

- Chance for Championship pedigree if they win the Cup (put simply they are a better team)

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Pros for EDM

-Guaranteed top 6 role. If chemistry is there McDavid could help get him points which he needs to get a good next contract.

- Way closer to home than FLA (Vancouver)

- Extra Media attention by playing in Canada could make him stand out more when auditioning for new contract (assuming he thinks he can stay out of trouble for a few months)

Pros to FLA

- Less/No COVID restrictions in society

- Less taxes/better quality of life for "elite" people

- Chance for Championship pedigree if they win the Cup (put simply they are a better team)

All his earnings to to the bookies. Dude has no money, he's not living any kind of 'elite' lifestyle anywhere right now. He's dead broke.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It would be a huge mistake and risk for Florida if they sign him. They're contenders and second in the league. Why would you sign this loser and bring drama into the locker room? There is a reason why Winnipeg, Buffalo and SJ all wanted this guy out of their organization.
I know there have been isolated incidents along the way. Not arguing that. He's an immature, unlikable prick by all accounts. But there weren't really reports that Winnipeg or Buffalo 'wanted him out'.

Neither team dumped him ceremoniously like San Jose has. And both trades brought back significant returns.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Because some times care more for hockey first.
Evander Kane can still play and is a heck of a player. You are getting a 30 goal scorer who can drop the gloves, hit for nothing
All that just to play him for the playoffs. You don't have to deal with him if he doesn't work out, other than few months

Him next to Kuch and Stamkos will be a handful for any team to handle. He can be an X factor to a lot of teams. Not only that, he can tip the scale.
If you Tampa gets Kane or Florida, that will force other teams to make drastic moves. Boston can't beat Tampa as is, neither can Toronto

This signee if he goes to Tampa or Florida will have a massive effect in the East. Not only you get a heck of a player, you now force other team to make moves

Or he pisses off the entire team, like he did in Winnipeg and San Jose.

So there's that. He's tough to handle for his own team.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I know there have been isolated incidents along the way. Not arguing that. He's an immature, unlikable prick by all accounts. But there weren't really reports that Winnipeg or Buffalo 'wanted him out'.

Neither team dumped him ceremoniously like San Jose has. And both trades brought back significant returns.

Because he never did anything as demonstrably shitty as has happened in San Jose.

Seriously, you don't get your contract terminated like this because you were late to a couple meetings and you're just a jerk. Seriously, I get "talent over character"... but character has to f***ing matter at some point. He's a 50 point wing. Like, he's undoubtedly a good hockey player... but he's nowhere near great enough to outweigh the mack truck carrying his baggage. I literally wouldn't want him on the Wings for free. I wouldn't want to sign him on the Wings if we were gifted a free second round pick to do it. I don't think this guy should be in the NHL anymore. Second, third, fourth chances? Cool. At some point, you just gotta see that a piece of crap is a piece of crap regardless of whether he's talented or not.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

From what I can tell, things didn't turn toxic with any of those teams initially.

I don't think 4-5 months of Kane is enough time for the team to "grow tired" of Kane or do substantial damage.

Its low risk for a 1 year deal which is essentially a few months by this time of the season.

They could always waive/burry him in the minors until his contact expires on July 1 with no harm done

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Only two new names:

"Kane - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Crouse - Verhaeghe - Kessel
Mamin - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

Would look pretty good when healthy..."
lol Lundell is our best defensive forward with Barkov and hitting .6 point per game. He aint getting traded lol

Reactions: drktmplr12

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I like to think my team has a sense of right and wrong and therefore i really hope we don't go near this POS.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
This makes sense for both parties. Oilers need depth and some size and Kane needs an opportunity

It will be like adding a trade deadline without giving up anything

give it a week with a new club and he will pull an Antonio Brown because he was put on the 3rd or 4th line .

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
give it a week with a new club and he will pull an Antonio Brown because he was put on the 3rd or 4th line .

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day.
Are you sure there ? LOL..good move by whatever team for what will be a HUGR discount

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Only two new names:

"Kane - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Crouse - Verhaeghe - Kessel
Mamin - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

Would look pretty good when healthy..."

Nice trade you did there. Did you take cap-hit into consideration? Also doubt Florida would trade Lundell for that. 8,3M in and 0.95M out.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
lol Lundell is our best defensive forward with Barkov and hitting .6 point per game. He aint getting traded lol

I forgot a little addition - Jakob Chychrun. ;)
I'm just curious.
Will Florida go all-in this season?

2022/23:
Barkov- $10,000,000 (2021/22 - $5,900,000);
Verhaeghe- $4,166,667 (2021/22 - $1,000,000).

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
He is the NHL equivalent of Antonio Brown. At least the Bucs got 15 games out of AB, plus 8 games suspended in 2020, and 3 for a fake vaccination card in 2021, before he had the expected meltdown.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
He is the NHL equivalent of Antonio Brown. At least the Bucs got 15 games out of AB, plus 8 games suspended in 2020, and 3 for a fake vaccination card in 2021, before he had the expected meltdown.

I'd say its a good comparison but after Antonios last stunt I think he has an edge over Kane for the moment :laugh:

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I mean brown helped them win a superbowl though right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad