LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Have a feeling he can behave ok this year because he’ll get a small money contract.

He’ll prove himself enough for some Gm to offer him term and money and back to basics we go

Reactions: KidLine93

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
As incompetent as he is, I dont think Holland or any GM for that matter will be handing out any multi yr deals to Kane. The key will be to make Kane be on his toes with 1 yr deals imo. The moment he has any sort of security will open the doors to his past ways

Yes....
But... :(

GM is gonna GMs. It will start with a stupid GM, offers 2 years, and then a bidding is in full bloom.

Reactions: abo9

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If he signs in Edmonton who does he even play with? There’s only one puck and Kane likes to have it as much as he can, can’t see him meshing with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Best fit is 2nd or 3rd line, but as Tippet is Tippet, I think he loads up a 1st line of Draisaitl McDavid Kane. Its to obvious to not be true.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Last year Kane was an elite play driving forward who scored a lot, played physical, took far less (than usual) penalties, and was an excellent two-way forward who excelled on the pk.

Playing with RNH isn't the same as Hertl, but I think he'd bring exactly the secondary scoring Edmonton desperately needs. Maybe they go all in and acquire a few other depth pieces at the deadline.

As a Sharks fan, I'm just glad there was no buyout.

Reactions: Leafshater67

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kane is a weird guy, but maybe he's learned his lesson at this point.

...... what more is there to learn? I thought he turned the corner, with the miscarriage of his first child with his ex wife. He had a touching twitter comment about it, and we all thought he turned the corner. Dude presented a fake vaccination card to the San Jose Sharks. What human does this? if he doesn't want to get vaccinated just say so. Everyone else got the shot. If he wants to keep his 6 million dollar job per year for the next 5 years, just get the shot. Everyone else on the team agreed to it, why couldn't just be a real man and take the shot instead of faking it to his team? San Jose did themselves a huge favor by cutting him loose, and I am so glad he is nowhere near the Vancouver Canucks. Is he still a kid? It's insane, you know, he grew up in East Vancouver, in a poor family, he makes the NHL, and now he is even worst than he was before, it's unbelievable how ungrateful he is.

UED

May 2, 2021
I don't get why people are so so angry that he doesn't want to get vaccinated. Who cares, that's his problem. Assuming he performs the same way as he has before, FLA or TB would be honored to add him for what I assume to be league minimum or close, one of the best value rentals I'll have ever seen and quite likely gets them this year's cup(definitely if it's TB, maybe if not even probably if it's FLA). If EDM wins him it would show them that their problem is not secondary scoring, which in the long run would help them a lot too I think.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
See a lot of people saying x player/coach can straighten him out. Kane has shown numerous times he’s gonna do whatever he wants. What is a team going to assign a team to follow him around 24/7? I bet he doesn’t cause any problems for the rest of the season but if he gets a multi yr deal watch out. I believe people should be given 100 chances.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I don't get why people are so so angry that he doesn't want to get vaccinated. Who cares, that's his problem. Assuming he performs the same way as he has before, FLA or TB would be honored to add him for what I assume to be league minimum or close, one of the best value rentals I'll have ever seen and quite likely gets them this year's cup(definitely if it's TB, maybe if not even probably if it's FLA). If EDM wins him it would show them that their problem is not secondary scoring, which in the long run would help them a lot too I think.
Haven’t see anyone angry about not be vaccinated. It’s using a fake vaccine card, apparently traveling with symptoms that have people calling him an idiot.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Not surprising. There was an incident where he injured Bogosian in practice, back when they were with the Sabres.
I think there is alot of this going on right now, players and others will be stepping up and saying " no way" to their idiot GMs who are considering signing Kane.

Reactions: SpitfireG

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Holland looks like a genius if his efforts end up with the Stanley Cup back in Edmonton, which would erase all negative value. From a pure hockey standpoint, Kane would solidify the forward's top 6 at a price that would allow them to spend some assets to shore up the D, acquire a quality netminder and bring in a new and experienced coach. We'll see how smart he is and if it backfires but Holland is obviously playing with the concept in mind that hockey isn't a popularity contest, it's a who hoists the Cup contest, and Kane as a player is a potential missing piece.
If you believe what Holland said yesterday, none of that will likely happen. Can't find any trade partners, doesn't want to trade firsts or top prospects, believes Smith and Koskinen are good enough, that Tippet is doing a good job and the answer to all the roster problems will come from within. If does make trades using secondary and lesser assets, will he be able to get players that will solve the problems or will they be lateral moves that don't do anything?

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Kane can fit the second Oilers line, but I don't see the chemistry with him and duo Draisatl-McDavid,
With all things that turn around him this season it's a weak bet on him imo

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If he signs in Edmonton who does he even play with? There’s only one puck and Kane likes to have it as much as he can, can’t see him meshing with McDavid or Draisaitl.

He would be better with Draisaitl then McDavid . I think they should run

RNH McDavid Puljujarvi
Hyman Draisaitl Yamamoto
Kane McLeod Kassian

Move Kassian and Kane around when the games get rough , 1 on each of McDavid and Draisaitl wing

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Kane is a one man gang, he won't gel with McDavid or Drai. He doesn't pass and isn't a great shooter either. He's at his best all by himself.

That's what is so frustrating about him.

3-on-2 and he'll take it wide and shoot high. Almost no chance of scoring or a rebound. The guy is a volume shooter.

Reactions: Channelcat

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
...... what more is there to learn? I thought he turned the corner, with the miscarriage of his first child with his ex wife. He had a touching twitter comment about it, and we all thought he turned the corner. Dude presented a fake vaccination card to the San Jose Sharks. What human does this? if he doesn't want to get vaccinated just say so. Everyone else got the shot. If he wants to keep his 6 million dollar job per year for the next 5 years, just get the shot. Everyone else on the team agreed to it, why couldn't just be a real man and take the shot instead of faking it to his team? San Jose did themselves a huge favor by cutting him loose, and I am so glad he is nowhere near the Vancouver Canucks. Is he still a kid? It's insane, you know, he grew up in East Vancouver, in a poor family, he makes the NHL, and now he is even worst than he was before, it's unbelievable how ungrateful he is.

Its always interesting when a fan takes something so personal from somebody he doesn't know. I wonder what NHL players would think of you if they knew everything about you.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

according to a quoted tweet 3 posts above yours, Tampa Bay would not be "honored" to add him lol

If there was a way to bet on Edmonton NOT winning the Cup with Evander Kane, I'd throw $1000 on it.

But I agree with you, being vaccinatef or not has no bearing to his misconducts. The bigger issue regarding vaccination is that he faked papers. The bigger bugger issue though is that he's a dirtbag.

i'm curious though, with regulations being what they are in Canada, how will Kane play for the Oilers? I mean, Bertuzzi cant play games in Canada no?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I’d bet on Vegas, but think it’s also possible he ends up in Carolina or Colorado, maybe Florida. I don’t think there’s a chance he ends up in Edmonton unless they offer him the most money, by a whole lot.

OOf i hope it isnt Vegas, for his sake

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad