LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
From Kane's perspective, EDM makes sense if he wants to score points and parlay that into his next contract. FLA and TB makes sense if wants to win a Cup. The great depth of those teams likely means less points.

Cold reality is he needs money more than a Stanley Cup

How many players in the NHL have put up a bunch of points in Edmonton and got bigger contracts elsewhere?

So far, players who signed in Edmonton saw their production drop: Lucic/Neal/Hyman

The only player I could think of that put up points in Edmonton was Barrie, cause he milked the PP with McDrai... and the biggest contract he got was from Edmonton.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
From Kane's perspective, EDM makes sense if he wants to score points and parlay that into his next contract. FLA and TB makes sense if wants to win a Cup. The great depth of those teams likely means less points.

Cold reality is he needs money more than a Stanley Cup
Classic mercenary for hire. Work hard, stay out of trouble and put up some big #'s with McDavid. Play well enough to get some coin for the next contract. If you win the Cup, then it's a bonus.

He just may be better suited playing for the short term contracts going forward here. He gets antsy, and feels tied down so starts acting out when it's long term (from what I can tell). Keep him working and staying focused for that next contract.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'd be surprised if he goes to Edmonton. The only appeal is racking up points with McDavid and Draisaitl OR Holland giving him a much higher offer.

Otherwise, Florida and Tampa offer a better team, warmer weather, a great tax situation, less media attention, and looser COVID restrictions.

Reactions: Devonator

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I'd be surprised if he goes to Edmonton. The only appeal is racking up points with McDavid and Draisaitl OR Holland giving him a much higher offer.

Otherwise, Florida and Tampa offer a better team, warmer weather, a great tax situation, less media attention, and looser COVID restrictions.
Well based on E.Kane’s decision making history, he likely chooses Edmonton lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Holland cant give him a much higher offer.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Kane will be the new "Florida man".
Yup. He will sign to the end of this year with one of the Florida teams in hopes he can have a really good playoffs. Then his value will be as high as possible for a free agent contract. This next few months and playoffs are key for him to make as much as possible on his next contract.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
How about Timo Meier? He is one of Nico Hischier's swiss buddies and sources on the sharks board also say his best friend on the Sharks last season was Mr. Kane himself.
Timo Meier is an excellent player but would cost a pretty penny, both in future contract value and asset value to facilitate a trade

Id entertain the notion until the asking price goes too high

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I get why Kane wants Tampa or Florida, who wouldn't given both on ice performance and off ice life? But why the f*** would those teams want to poison their locker rooms by adding him?

Edmonton is one of the few teams both stupid enough and desperate enough to want him. Beggars can't be choosers, and that applies to both Kane and the Oilers

North

Jun 25, 2009
I get why Kane wants Tampa or Florida, who wouldn't given both on ice performance and off ice life? But why the f*** would those teams want to poison their locker rooms by adding him?

Edmonton is one of the few teams both stupid enough and desperate enough to want him. Beggars can't be choosers, and that applies to both Kane and the Oilers

I personally don’t want him on the team but on the ice Kane plays the game the way the Oilers need their players to play.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I don't understand why Kane can't play for the Sharks but can play with another team. Seems like the Sharks have been given preferential treatment by the league on this Kane situation

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Arms race between Tampa and Florida. According to LeBrun Zito is serious about winning the Cup this year.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Holland looks like a genius if his efforts end up with the Stanley Cup back in Edmonton, which would erase all negative value. From a pure hockey standpoint, Kane would solidify the forward's top 6 at a price that would allow them to spend some assets to shore up the D, acquire a quality netminder and bring in a new and experienced coach. We'll see how smart he is and if it backfires but Holland is obviously playing with the concept in mind that hockey isn't a popularity contest, it's a who hoists the Cup contest, and Kane as a player is a potential missing piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad