LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't understand why Kane can't play for the Sharks but can play with another team. Seems like the Sharks have been given preferential treatment by the league on this Kane situation

What part of the story gives you the idea they're getting preferential treatment? Kane violated protocols and the team took action that they had available to them. The NHL only supports it in that they work for the owners against the PA.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula

What happens in the unlikely event Kane's grievance is successful? I imagine it might take some time and he could play a few games under his new contract before a decision on his grievance is finalized. Things could get messy.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
What happens in the unlikely event Kane's grievance is successful? I imagine it might take some time and he could play a few games under his new contract before a decision on his grievance is finalized. Things could get messy.
Could be Sharks have whole cap hit on their books regardless. Could just be they pay him X amount and only that counts against the books. NHLPA will prefer he gets paid whole amount and none of it counts against the cap but I don’t see that happening

thai jet

Aug 13, 2021
Winnipeg
If Evander Kane shows up to Edmonton in a tracksuit, who says anything?

McDavid? Drai?

Seems like a toxic locker room that will be be lead by E. Kane.

Closest guy to Big Buff on the Oil is likely Nurse. The story around Winnipeg at the time was that the leadership group decided on him to deal with Kane so the race card couldn't be used.

Reactions: BeltCollector

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007

It will almost certainly be a settlement. Neither side is going to roll the dice on 23 million dollars and the subjective ruling of an arbitrator.

Reactions: 42

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No they cancelled the contract so he wouldn’t play under them no matter what. The contract is done. The grievance decides if Kane gets all the money that was owed and then it’s decided what additional penalties to take against San Jose. Do they just treat it like a normal buyout? Do they still get his full cap hit every year as a penalty till the contract was done? Etc etc.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I have no clue why people are acting like this would be a bad move for Edmonton. Have you seen their forward depth? Their bottom-6 is just as heinously bad as their goaltending is, and it is way worse than their defense.

Adding Kane pushes one of the Oilers top-6 players into their bottom-6, which drastically helps their depth. If Kane can play like he has in the past, they're also adding a really damn good player. They could run with something like this as their top-9 and have 3 really solid lines:

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kane-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-RNH-Kassian

Will this solve all of their issues? Of course not, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Yes, but please put MacLeod in for Kassian.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Doubt it gets messy. Most likely there will be a undisclosed settlement and that's the last we hear of it. My guess is there's enough evidence that the Sharks were within their right to terminate the contract but not enough to get away scot-free.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
My Prediction

Kane does amazing in Edmonton. Gets a huge contract in the summer to stay there. Proceeds to destroy the lockeroom next year and has to be moved or bought out.

Something line that. Produces, gets a contract, stop produce. Rhen we will se if he has learned, and stay put, or stop producing leads to off-ice distractions.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I get why Kane wants Tampa or Florida, who wouldn't given both on ice performance and off ice life? But why the f*** would those teams want to poison their locker rooms by adding him?

Edmonton is one of the few teams both stupid enough and desperate enough to want him. Beggars can't be choosers, and that applies to both Kane and the Oilers

I don't understand this poison talk. There's players in the league that go out each shift trying to put other people in the hospital... at one time Hfboards considered Kane a hero for knocking out one of them

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't understand this poison talk. There's players in the league that go out each shift trying to put other people in the hospital... at one time Hfboards considered Kane a hero for knocking out one of them

Have you ever played a sport at a reasonably competitive level? Or even worked in any kind of team setting? If so, you'd understand how one prick can ruin the morale of an entire team.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
My guess is they'll start with...

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Pulju/Yams
Foegele-McLeod-Pulju/Yams

But I'd rotate McDavid and RNH there; I personally don't think Kane will click well with either McDavid or Drai. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him "driving" the 3rd line in that situation.

RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kane-McLeod-Yams

Though more likely than that, he ends up as the driver on the 2nd line with RNH and Yams/Pulju/Hyman, while McDrai are reunited.

In short, I've got no clue how the lines shake out.

Yes, Fippet cant resist to reunite McDrai, destroying the meaning of this depthsigninh. And fans screams their head off in frustration. And yamamoto still plays on 2nd line.

Kane is a good get, exactly when Puljujärvi is loosing his play...

Last edited:

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Something line that. Produces, gets a contract, stop produce. Rhen we will se if he has learned, and stay put, or stop producing leads to off-ice distractions.

As incompetent as he is, I dont think Holland or any GM for that matter will be handing out any multi yr deals to Kane. The key will be to make Kane be on his toes with 1 yr deals imo. The moment he has any sort of security will open the doors to his past ways

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Note to self: discover who/what Kodiak Black is and why he/she/it keeps getting dropped in posts.

Rapper who got charged with raping a teen, got it down to 1st degree assault because he's rich. Guy is on probation right now with a suspended 10 year sentence

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
No they cancelled the contract so he wouldn’t play under them no matter what. The contract is done. The grievance decides if Kane gets all the money that was owed and then it’s decided what additional penalties to take against San Jose. Do they just treat it like a normal buyout? Do they still get his full cap hit every year as a penalty till the contract was done? Etc etc.

Kane and the PA could have grieved to have the contract reinstated, they chose not to.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Doubt it gets messy. Most likely there will be a undisclosed settlement and that's the last we hear of it. My guess is there's enough evidence that the Sharks were within their right to terminate the contract but not enough to get away scot-free.

If there is a settlement it will be disclosed.

Reactions: PAZ

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If he signs in Edmonton who does he even play with? There’s only one puck and Kane likes to have it as much as he can, can’t see him meshing with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad