LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
If he goes to Tampa--it would be fun to see them score like the Edmonton Oilers in the 80's. That being said, same player with the current oilers? Watching that shit show get worse would be amusing. Why the difference? Difference between a properly run organization that is winning to an organization that could not hit water if they fell off a boat

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Its always interesting when a fan takes something so personal from somebody he doesn't know. I wonder what NHL players would think of you if they knew everything about you.

It is kinda personal, though. When you fake a vaccine card, you spit in every single honest person’s face who actually went and got their shots. It’s simply 100% not right. If you don't want it, ok, but don't make up fake medical documents.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Kane - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair
Verhaeghe - Lundell - Mamin
Vatrano - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

Would look pretty good when healthy...

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This I understand…
Kane is done in SJ. He is not going back. Irregardless of the grievance outcome, he is no longer a member of the SJS. So he can sign and play elsewhere while the process works.
The grievance determines only if he gets paid some or all of his previous contracted salary.
If he wins… he will get a certain amount per year for a period of years, and it will apply to SJ cap for each of those years…see Mike Richards and LA Kings for example
If he loses, he gets nothing and SJ walks away clean and clear.

What I don’t understand is…
Does SJ have to set aside his previous cap hit until the grievance is determined in case Kane wins, or do they get to use the full amount until the season ends and/or the grievance is determined, and any penalties will be applied starting next season?

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Apparently McDavid was pushing for Kane. Good hockey player terrible judge of character and terrible taste. Have you seen his house?
did you have this same energy with the DeAngelo signing? I havent seen you on these boards trashing carolina at all

Reactions: TFHockey

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Why on Earth are teams lining up to sign this guy? It's insanity. He's a fricking cancer and literally just got mutually terminated because he couldn't be trusted to follow the most basic of instructions.
Some teams are desperate to improve on-ice performance, and even though he's an idiot, he was a borderline point-per-game player on a bottom-10 team last year.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I don't get why people are so so angry that he doesn't want to get vaccinated. Who cares, that's his problem. Assuming he performs the same way as he has before, FLA or TB would be honored to add him for what I assume to be league minimum or close, one of the best value rentals I'll have ever seen and quite likely gets them this year's cup(definitely if it's TB, maybe if not even probably if it's FLA). If EDM wins him it would show them that their problem is not secondary scoring, which in the long run would help them a lot too I think.

It's not even that he doesn't want to get vaccinated. Tyler Bertuzzi doesn't want to get vaccinated either. But Bertuzzi isn't going around faking a vaccination card. Bertuzzi isn't joining his team on a flight while he's symptomatic. If you don't want to get vaccinated and you have any kind of reason... whatever, your life. But when you're not wanting to get vaccinated and you're willingly putting other people at risk and lying saying you're taking the precautionary steps when you have no intention to do so, it f***ing pisses me off.

What I don't understand is how people see him flagrantly flouting the rules and they're just like "meh, he'd look good on a power play". If you have your belief that you shouldn't get vaccinated... stand by it and make sure that you're careful with your activity. As soon as you fake a vax card, you should face severe penalties. Because it shows that you're willingly avoiding getting it. You know that everyone wants you to and you're spitting in everyone's face.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
League needs to create a special waiver where guys like this go and can’t be signed for the rest of the year. They just sit at home, not getting paid, with no hope of getting signed, and not able to talk with teams until free agency starts in the offseason.
Might actually set some things into his hard head.
As it stands now, only thing Kane is learning is that there’s always a sucker willing to take a chance on him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
did you have this same energy with the DeAngelo signing? I havent seen you on these boards trashing carolina at all
I was pretty against it. More so on Kane cause Kane has done more and worse than Deangelo.
Deangelo also didn’t potentially sign with the team I was a fan of, so of course this would be more upsetting

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
The concern becomes how long of a leash does he get from Holland if he produces though
well we cant afford him so he will leave to a sunny destination in free agency anyways. And if hes producing this year then good. If hes being an idiot and playing bad welcome to Bakersfield. One cold winter in edmonton will be enough for Kane

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Racism. But adultery isn’t the only issue with Kane. Id Kane was just a cheater I wouldn’t care
So adultery and a gambling problem vs racism. Gambling is what pushes him over the line for you?

Neither guy seems like someone I'd hang out with but you seem to be giving such an easy pass to Deangelo then laying down the law on Kane. Have some consistency.

Reactions: District99

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
So adultery and a gambling problem vs racism. Gambling is what pushes him over the line for you?

Neither guy seems like someone I'd hang out with but you seem to be giving such an easy pass to Deangelo then laying down the law on Kane. Have some consistency.

Thing with Kane, its hard to know about the spousal allegations. Not sure its been proven. His wife (or ex-wife) seems like a piece of work as well. Fact that courts gave him custody of child should be somewhat telling. Who knows with the guy. I'm sure that hes not a good guy but I do think people are painting him with a brush thats not quite fair. Lots of people cheat on their spouses and have gambling problems.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

It’s not just gambling and adultery either. Have you not been paying attention to the the fact that he was suspended for 21 games this year for forging covid documents? Or not even a month ago broke team covid protocols and then returned to the team almost a week late? And that’s just the recent stuff.

Id Deangelo was signing with the Oil I would be close to this upset to. That’s the big difference.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
according to a quoted tweet 3 posts above yours, Tampa Bay would not be "honored" to add him lol

If there was a way to bet on Edmonton NOT winning the Cup with Evander Kane, I'd throw $1000 on it.

But I agree with you, being vaccinatef or not has no bearing to his misconducts. The bigger issue regarding vaccination is that he faked papers. The bigger bugger issue though is that he's a dirtbag.

i'm curious though, with regulations being what they are in Canada, how will Kane play for the Oilers? I mean, Bertuzzi cant play games in Canada no?
Apparently hes vaccinated now after being caught with the fake vaccine passport. But now he was crossing borders after testing positive so he just didn't care about the rules in place. Hes also in so much debt now I dont see how he pays it back, like will he behave making 1M that barely puts a dent in the 28M still owing

Reactions: abo9

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If Panthers had any interest I'm sure they'd ask Joe Thornton how he feels about the guy before signing him
We have the guys internally to ask about him: Dudley in the front office was the AGM of the Thrashers when they drafted him and Gm when they built around him. JT knows him from SJS and per social media EK respects him. Reino knows him from Buffalo and similarly burnt out there. Duke works with him on activism.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Kane - Barkov - Reinhart
Verhaeghe - Lundell - Mamin
Vatrano - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

Would look pretty good when healthy...

Only two new names:

"Kane - Barkov - Reinhart
Crouse - Verhaeghe - Kessel
Mamin - Luostarinen - Hornqvist