LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe McDavid thinks the team could improve by getting Connor Bedard and Shane Wright. :sarcasm:

All jokes aside, if the Oilers sign him I lose full respect for the club because you can't get that low. Could say the same about Tony Deangelo, but Kane has done enough to get himself booted out of the league.
Kane is much worse than Deangelo too

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Some GM for a team who can't make the playoffs should sign him, hope he plays well, then move at deadline @ 50% for picks. If he sucks, then nothing really lost other than some feelings.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Most of Kane's stuff has just been dumb personal stuff though, rather than more dangerous or reckless actions that would merit getting kicked out IMO.

In the dressing room he's been a bratty cancer. But his personal problems like pointing a gun at his ex-wife is a huge, huge low for him along with the video I saw that was on Twitter for a brief period of name-calling his wife just shows that nobody would want him back.

I see you have Kane in you DP so I'm just gonna assume you're defending him.

EDIT:

For those wondering about the video I mentioned, Anna Kane posted on her IG story of Kane pointing the gun, and there was another video with her and Kane having an argument, where she pulled out her phone and started recording where Kane said he wasn't yelling and went to grab his phone. She puts the phone down where they argue about cheating, and then Kane said some more mean words. But it was deleted but found it on Twitter, but tried to look again but it has been since deleted.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Anyone signing Kane is going to regret it. You wouldn't get your feet wet if you jumped in the deep end of his brain activity.

If you think about it, Kane was Sharks top scorer, and when shit went south the contract is voided. So they got production for a lil while and then no penalty when ways were parted.

Kane is actually the hidden freebie.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
In the dressing room he's been a bratty cancer. But his personal problems like pointing a gun at his ex-wife is a huge, huge low for him along with the video I saw that was on Twitter for a brief period of name-calling his wife just shows that nobody would want him back.

I see you have Kane in you DP so I'm just gonna assume you're defending him.

EDIT:

For those wondering about the video I mentioned, Anna Kane posted on her IG story of Kane pointing the gun, and there was another video with her and Kane having an argument, where she pulled out her phone and started recording where Kane said he wasn't yelling and went to grab his phone. She puts the phone down where they argue about cheating, and then Kane said some more mean words. But it was deleted but found it on Twitter, but tried to look again but it has been since deleted.

I might be misremembering but IIRC there was suggestion at the time that that gun video was from a photoshoot and his wife had shown signs of instability/exaggeration herself (they were/are in a heated legal battle). I can't speak to the locker room stuff.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Dude doesn’t deserve to skate the ice the rest of these guys do, plain and simple.

Get him out of the league he’s 30 for f*** sakes hes had 12+ years now and his last “incidents” were less than a month ago.

Nothing is changing guys except him changing his place of birth from Surrey to Vancouver.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Some GM for a team who can't make the playoffs should sign him, hope he plays well, then move at deadline @ 50% for picks. If he sucks, then nothing really lost other than some feelings.
And why would Kane do this?
It actually makes some sense if he thinks about it. With a crappier team he can probably get more money, which he desperately needs, and lots of ice time. Come deadline time he can pick his contender, at 50% retained and pro-rated almost any team should be able to afford bringing him on. It's kind of a win/win/win really but it's unlikely to happen given the reporting of his likely destinations.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
What kind of stupid question is this?

Just asking for some justification to that claim
For example, DeAngelo has had multiple documented locker room incidents with teammates over the years while Kane appears to make bad lifestyle decisions.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It actually makes some sense if he thinks about it. With a crappier team he can probably get more money, which he desperately needs, and lots of ice time. Come deadline time he can pick his contender, at 50% retained and pro-rated almost any team should be able to afford bringing him on. It's kind of a win/win/win really but it's unlikely to happen given the reporting of his likely destinations.
What kind of bad hockey team is going to offer him a lot of money just to trade him later on? Why wouldn't Kane just have his pick of the team instead of relying on a different team to trade him to a contender?

I see zero incentive for Evander Kane to do anything like that.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
For example, DeAngelo has had multiple documented locker room incidents with teammates over the years while Kane appears to make bad lifestyle decisions.

Use google if you need justification for that claim, this guy is in the news every week. Do you honestly believe a locker room incident with a teammate makes you a worse person that faking a vaccine card and then travelling on a plane when you know you're positive? Knowing you could be contagious but not caring because you want to go see friends and family isn't a "bad lifestyle choice" - it's extremely unethical and selfish.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
There are clearly locker room problems with Kane. His own team mates don't want him back, and he was their leading scorer. Also, as a Jets fan you must be aware of the problems he had there.
pa5TfaN.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad