LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
can Kane play goalie?

I see comments like this a lot but just because a team has one need, doesn't mean they shouldn't address other needs. Signing Kane for cheap isn't preventing them from shopping for a goalie.

Actually, signing Kane would indirectly fill another need and move RNH to #3C potentially so why the hell not, for a cheap rental contract that costs no assets.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I see comments like this a lot but just because a team has one need, doesn't mean they shouldn't address other needs. Signing Kane for cheap isn't preventing them from shopping for a goalie.
It actually helps because Holland wouldnt have to spend assets to get a player like Kane, and spend those assets on a goalie or whatever

Edit: but I dont see Kane coming here. He'd go to some southern state with more lax covid rules and more suited to his lifestyle

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Do you think the racism isn't a big part of why he felt that way? If your teammates don't reach out to you after the fanbase starts to turn on you, then that's not good. And if true, the Oilers players need a boot in the backside and some pointers on how to be a good teammate.
I'm saying the context Bear used was he felt alone after the playoffs in which he made a massive error in the final game that was rightly or wrongly put on a pedestal, that's what they were discussing is his screw up at the end of the series. I don't think in that quote he was referring to the racism he experienced because he then spoke later in the interview about him going out of town after he started receiving the abuse.

Like I said, the organization, Leon and Connor in interviews said they reached out and were behind him. What would be your expectation of a teammate in that situation?

Reactions: Mr Positive

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I'm saying the context Bear used was he felt alone after the playoffs in which he made a massive error in the final game that was rightly or wrongly put on a pedestal, that's what they were discussing is his screw up at the end of the series. I don't think in that quote he was referring to the racism he experienced because he then spoke later in the interview about him going out of town after he started receiving the abuse.

Like I said, the organization, Leon and Connor in interviews said they reached out and were behind him. What would be your expectation of a teammate in that situation?

I think something important to note is I am saying he got traded because of the racism. Not because the team did or didn't try to help him regarding racism.

I am pointing to a player who left and said he felt alone. I don't believe a strong locker room would have a guy saying that.

I think we can agree that's a strong quote. I think also thats why Keith got added was to provide leadership. (Now over priced and how the hell no retention is beyond me)

Regardless I think Kane is a good add and if it doesn't work out the Oilers bury or trade him.

I got a soft spot with Ethan Bear I am from Saskatchewan and always cheer for players like him to succeed.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I think something important to note is I am saying he got traded because of the racism. Not because the team did or didn't try to help him regarding racism.

I am pointing to a player who left and said he felt alone. I don't believe a strong locker room would have a guy saying that.

I think we can agree that's a strong quote. I think also thats why Keith got added was to provide leadership. (Now over priced and how the hell no retention is beyond me)

Regardless I think Kane is a good add and if it doesn't work out the Oilers bury or trade him.

I got a soft spot with Ethan Bear I am from Saskatchewan and always cheer for players like him to succeed.
I think Bear got moved because Holland wanted more size on the back end. Bouchard, Bear and Barrie was never going to work. Barrie was found money for cheap, Bouchard was the future so Bear was the odd man out. I'd say it was more correlation than causation. Now I could be 100% wrong but that was my understanding.

Bear seems like a great young man, I like him as a person but he was one of our more frustrating young players because his highs were great but the rest of the time he just left you wanting more.

Reactions: BudBundy

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Actually, signing Kane would indirectly fill another need and move RNH to #3C potentially so why the hell not, for a cheap rental contract that costs no assets.
Kane would totally rock in edmonton like you already knew sire. But now the caipash and word is that the maple leafs are really, really in it too. They both want him, hard. Both are seeking for that another thuggish, strong type men who will rule the corner game. There ain't a lot of those folks left in this world sire.... the lasts of a dying breed. Lets see whom gets him for a milli.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Kane would totally rock in edmonton like you already knew sire. But now the caipash and word is that the maple leafs are really, really in it too. They both want him, hard. Both are seeking for that another thuggish, strong type men who will rule the corner game. There ain't a lot of those folks left in this world sire.... the lasts of a dying breed. Lets see whom gets him for a milli.
I don't think we have to worry about Kane too much. I think if he has other options, he is likely to take one of them.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I like. But I dont know about Fogele McD Jesse. Does they work?

Btw, Sceviour is the 12th, then shore.

You can swap Hyman and Foegele. Neither are first line wingers but with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH all cantering a line and RNH having a line driver with him that’s 3 lines that can score and all those wingers are top 9 guys. We haven’t even had that in ages

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Kane needs another big contract due to his financial situation. I honestly think that will be larger driving factor than hoping Tampa signs him.

Playing wing on McDavid can do that.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Kane scores at a 50 goal pace on MacDavid’s wing, easily and adds depth to a paper thin roster. I’d take a chance on him in a heartbeat. It’s not like Edmonton’s locker room could get worse.

On the ice, he's a good addition but a bad match for players who like to handle the puck. He shoots it at all times and snuffs out creativity. We saw it with Eichel in Buffalo. But Kane creates his own chances because he's a bull and just keeps coming. He is great on the third line creating his own offence.

Off the ice is another discussion. I'm not factoring that in here.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
tbh foegele and ceci were decent moves, not awful

rest of the decision-making.. oof

I like Hyman.

Derek Ryan was a gamble that did not pay off.

He also tried, but failed, to land a goaltender. So he knew it was going to be bad, but couldn't find a way to get a trade done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad