LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I haven't been following his story closely but was his contract terminated because of his gambling habits?

No. Kane's contract was terminated due to his latest violation of AHL COVID-19 protocols when he travelled internationally to Vancouver while being symptomatic allegedly. This was just a month after coming off a 21 game suspension for his NHL COVID-19 protocol violation when he submitted a fake vaccine card.

Reactions: Doc5

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
No. Kane's contract was terminated due to his latest violation of AHL COVID-19 protocols when he travelled internationally to Vancouver while being symptomatic allegedly. This was just a month after coming off a 21 game suspension for his NHL COVID-19 protocol violation when he submitted a fake vaccine card.
Oh wow, sad to see him ruin his career like this...

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd assume he signs for a cheap deal until the end of the year. Good opportunity for him to build back a bit of value, and should be a low risk move for whoever takes him. Personally, I'd love to see him come home to Vancouver, his skillset is a perfect fit in our top 6. If he F*cks up, cut him little cost.

I do believe he will be in Edmonton though, Playing with McDavid or Drai would help him put up some bug numbers for his next deal.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
On the ice? Kane in Edmonton makes the most sense, Guy could pot 40 with Mcdavid/Drai.
Off the ice? Worst place is Edmonton, Already a super fragile group, Would be good for a bit, until things get sour, and all hell breaks loose.
That being said, Kassian rejuvenated his career there, so who knows

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I thought he wanted to play on a contender? Not taking swipes at the Oilers here (but that IS fun), but they are not contenders, and he doesn't move the needle to make them one. If he wants lots of points for his next contract and his agent squeezes them and says "he plays with either MacD or Drai", then gather your points and go home for the playoffs. Oilers a contender? lol

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think this team turns a corner until the coach is changed and a goalie comes in. I'm cautiously optimistic but I think this might go poorly if things continue to devolve as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad