LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't get why people criticize the Oilers for adding Kane when McDavid very well may ask for a trade in the next 2 or 3 years if the Oilers don't start succeeding.

Bad teams who need to be good need to take risks.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
The most mentally weak team in the NHL is not the one I would think best fits for Kane, but an experiment is an experiment. I think in the very short-term (read, possibly the rest of this season), it helps the Oilers. After that, his cancerous energy will spread and lead to bad bad bad things. You were worried about McDavid leaving? Double those worries.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Holland keeps it to a one year contract which is in both sides' best interest, Kane won't ruin anything that hasn't already been ruined or is in the process of being ruined. He'll be a competent rental that won't fix a heavily flawed team that will still lose come playoff time. The sort of depth issues that the Oilers have aren't solved by one very good player but it's a start. Oilers need a lot more help but this will likely be a positive for the team this season.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They could move RNH off of the wing and run 3 lines for once.

Foegele-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kane-RNH-Kassian
Perlini-McLeod-Benson
Sceviour/Shore/turris
Wouldn't mcdavid be an angry, angry young man, if he didn't get neither of hyman or kane...... sire? I mean that's whay they was brought in. Just for him.

Reactions: spot

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Holland keeps it to a one year contract which is in both sides' best interest, Kane won't ruin anything that hasn't already been ruined or is in the process of being ruined. He'll be a competent rental that won't fix a heavily flawed team that will still lose come playoff time. The sort of depth issues that the Oilers have aren't solved by one very good player but it's a start. Oilers need a lot more help but this will likely be a positive for the team this season.

It will be a positive until Holland gives him the Holland special and signs him for 5 years :laugh:

It's really predictable what's going to happen. Kane's going to come in and absolutely light it up with McDavid, without having any sort of notable character issues. Holland will think he's the smartest guy in the room and will give him a decently long term deal at damn near what the Sharks were paying him. Then Kane will revert back to his old self and the Oilers will be stuck with another dead contract.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
What would y'alls lines be in edmonton if Holland gets this hero during these next hours?

My guess is they'll start with...

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Pulju/Yams
Foegele-McLeod-Pulju/Yams

But I'd rotate McDavid and RNH there; I personally don't think Kane will click well with either McDavid or Drai. It also wouldn't surprise me to see him "driving" the 3rd line in that situation.

RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kane-McLeod-Yams

Though more likely than that, he ends up as the driver on the 2nd line with RNH and Yams/Pulju/Hyman, while McDrai are reunited.

In short, I've got no clue how the lines shake out.

Reactions: KidLine93

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Wouldn't mcdavid be an angry, angry young man, if he didn't get neither of hyman or kane...... sire? I mean that's whay they was brought in. Just for him.
JP/Hyman most likely get split up. Each center probably gets one of the good wingers. Oilers throw McDrai together for the PP and the shift right after a penalty kill anyways so McDavid will have a lot of looks. The goal is for the oilers to not get absolutely caved in the moment McDavid and Draisaitl are off the ice. Kane also drives his own line with his play style which I think would work with RNH since hes very much a passenger/complimentary piece. But knowing Tippett he will throw McDavid Drai and JP together after we go down 1-0 in the first 5 minutes since we still have shooter tutors in net.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Unbelievable really. What a shame, this dude shouldn’t be near the NHL.

Good luck I guess.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This could work out as well as the DeAngelo signing, which I also thought was a great move. Fans and pundits think way too much about drama. Also just because a player was a cancer doesn't mean they will always be that way. The Kane of today is not the same guy.

1 year, 1.5? The contract is mostly buriable. But honestly, this will likely be one of the best contracts in the league

Reactions: spot

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It will be a positive until Holland gives him the Holland special and signs him for 5 years :laugh:

It's really predictable what's going to happen. Kane's going to come in and absolutely light it up with McDavid, without having any sort of notable character issues. Holland will think he's the smartest guy in the room and will give him a decently long term deal at damn near what the Sharks were paying him. Then Kane will revert back to his old self and the Oilers will be stuck with another dead contract.

Can't see that happening. Of all the free agents in the world right now that will get every last dollar out of a free agent contract, it's going to be Kane. The Oilers have like 11 million to spend this offseason. I mean, they can make moves to make it work but goaltending is probably going to be their main priority this offseason and then work around that. Kane will probably go to the highest bidder in a state with tax advantages.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dreger says his top 3 teams are the Oilers, Panthers, and Lightning

"The Oilers definitely have the leadership to make Kane work, with having McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane, Nurse...you can go down the list"

hqdefault.jpg

Not only is the Oilers leadership group not one that sticks out as "strong leaders" to me, but let's also stop pretending that a good leadership group can somehow keep Kane in line. Kane is a short term addition that you make to make your team better, and then you cut bait with him when his established character issues start acting up. There is nothing a good leadership group can do there because Kane is just a piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad