LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can't see that happening. Of all the free agents in the world right now that will get every last dollar out of a free agent contract, it's going to be Kane. The Oilers have like 11 million to spend this offseason. I mean, they can make moves to make it work but goaltending is probably going to be their main priority this offseason and then work around that. Kane will probably go to the highest bidder in a state with tax advantages.

I think this is valid but being strapped for cap space has never stopped Holland from giving out a stupid deal in the past :laugh:

You're probably right, though. I imagine a team like Florida could throw him a really nice contract and he'll definitely have tax benefits by going there as opposed to Edmonton.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think this is valid but being strapped for cap space has never stopped Holland from giving out a stupid deal in the past :laugh:

You're probably right, though. I imagine a team like Florida could throw him a really nice contract and he'll definitely have tax benefits by going there as opposed to Edmonton.

Agreed but I feel like his stupid deal will be in net. Look for it to be someone like Fleury or Jones.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
This could work out as well as the DeAngelo signing, which I also thought was a great move. Fans and pundits think way too much about drama. Also just because a player was a cancer doesn't mean they will always be that way. The Kane of today is not the same guy.

1 year, 1.5? The contract is mostly buriable. But honestly, this will likely be one of the best contracts in the league

Kane has always been this way. Already preparing to defend the player before he even signs a contract?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This could work out as well as the DeAngelo signing, which I also thought was a great move. Fans and pundits think way too much about drama. Also just because a player was a cancer doesn't mean they will always be that way. The Kane of today is not the same guy.

1 year, 1.5? The contract is mostly buriable. But honestly, this will likely be one of the best contracts in the league

Capfriendly shows the Oilers at about 900k in cap space.

So who gets waived?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I’m sure Evander will put all of the tomfoolery and shenanigans behind him wherever he lands!!

Wherever he goes, I’m sure they have a Finance dept that can reroute wage garnish court orders as well

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I checked the Oiler board, apparently a vetted poster who broke other news in the past says Kane is an Oiler pending medicals.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Kane has always been this way. Already preparing to defend the player before he even signs a contract?
I did for DeAngelo as well. I dont much care for piling on a player, or anyone.

The defining principle of good GMing is to go after a player for what they will be, and not just making decisions based on reputation. Kane has a chance to show some humility. Maybe he fails, but the smart money is that he will at least behave for this 1 year deal. Also at the rumored cost there is little risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad