LeBrun: Evander Kane close to signing, will happen by the weekend per his agent (EDM, FLA, TB top 3 choices)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
maybe Floria would be a good fit. Kane seemed to behave himself when Jumbo and Marleau was in the locker room in San Jose. Kane needs an old vet to keep him in line.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
So, they're going to sign a pretty toxic individual, they'll still be horrible defensively, with bad goaltending and have pretty much eaten up what's left of their cap space. This isn't as much an improvement deal as it is a Holland screaming look I'm helping move, now get off of my back.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
looking forward to finding all the oilers fans who completely shat on the Mailloux pick and read all their outrage about this potential signing
I’m one who is furious about potentially signing Kane and the Mailloux pick. If the Oilers sign Kane I hope they get absolutely shit on for the rest of the year.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I haven't been following his story closely but was his contract terminated because of his gambling habits?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So, they're going to sign a pretty toxic individual, they'll still be horrible defensively, with bad goaltending and have pretty much eaten up what's left of their cap space. This isn't as much an improvement deal as it is a Holland screaming look I'm helping move, now get off of my back.
When you consider what they're getting for like a million bucks, it's a huge improvement. Doesn't cost them pieces and it's not like that million was going to improve anywhere else on the team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have no clue why people are acting like this would be a bad move for Edmonton. Have you seen their forward depth? Their bottom-6 is just as heinously bad as their goaltending is, and it is way worse than their defense.

Adding Kane pushes one of the Oilers top-6 players into their bottom-6, which drastically helps their depth. If Kane can play like he has in the past, they're also adding a really damn good player. They could run with something like this as their top-9 and have 3 really solid lines:

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Kane-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-RNH-Kassian

Will this solve all of their issues? Of course not, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Reactions: PULSATING

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I like Hyman.

Derek Ryan was a gamble that did not pay off.

He also tried, but failed, to land a goaltender. So he knew it was going to be bad, but couldn't find a way to get a trade done.

You’re saying he couldn’t offer more than a 3rd for ned? So he tried to get a starter but wasn’t willing to pay more than a 3rd for a starter

i think the answer is he only tried the ufa market and didn’t bother trying to trade for a goalie until the carousel had stopped

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Probably picking between Vegas and Tampa.

Getting Kucherov + E.Kane back at same time would be insane.

Same for Vegas playoff roster, adding Kane now and Eichel to 3rd line later on...

Nathan MacKinnon would be pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad