Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
To be fair, Melnyk gives him lots to talk about.

Sports reporters just want to write about emotion, and they ask the same 5 questions every single day of their lives. Every once in a while Bobby Ryan will get a puppy and they all write about what an amazing article it is because it had that thing they all love “emotion” in it.

the amount Sens fan have shown emotion towards the owner and the media personalities come back with nothing on it. It’s not a blind spot, it’s willful ignorance

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Have you read the article yet? Earlier you said you didn't have access, so I hope you would read the article before calling it one sided.

I think I read it but I can’t really be sure. It’s wasn’t front the source. Can you help me ? Did it address the foundations profit or losses and discuss any of the charity work Weir/Phillips were able to share with the community ?

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Ehhhh .. No it doesn’t … it implies Mendes can say or do what ever he wants. He can write any piece he wants or discuss any info he wants. Which is true.

He has read these posts so he knows (at least me) some would like to know about the financial position of the charity, what the charity paid out, how much money it may have lots etc etc. Calgary bought nice little chrome books for disadvantaged kids during the pandemic stuff.

There is ZERO disrespect, defamation, or insult in those questions and I resent you suggesting otherwise.
Spin it however you wish, your words reads like the Q&A is a waste of time because he will give answers that people want to hear, as opposed to the truth. Why don't you go have your say? Go and get your questions answered, then come back here and tell us how we're wrong about Eugene.

And you're not really in a position to resent anything as you've been caught making stuff about posters. And now you're claiming Mendes will say what this board wants to hear, regardless of the truth.

Good on Calgary for doing their part, we did alright here in Ottawa during the pandemic. Seems the lack of donations has nothing to do with the city and everything to do with Melnyk. No one trusts him, and he brought that on himself.

OGYF announces $250,000 commitment to send hundreds of vulnerable young people to summer camp.

Ottawa-Gatineau Youth Foundation provides $5,000 to the BRAVO Scholarship Fund

Ottawa-Gatineau Youth Foundation provides $15,000 to the Nepean Rideau Osgoode Community Resource Centre

Ottawa-Gatineau Youth Foundation provides $25,000 to Their Opportunity

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think I read it but I can’t really be sure. It’s wasn’t front the source. Can you help me ? Did it address the foundations profit or losses and discuss any of the charity work Weir/Phillips were able to share with the community ?
Go on to the Athletic if you want to read it. You called it one sided, perhaps it was, but you should probably have read it if you're going to make such claims.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Go on to the Athletic if you want to read it. You called it one sided, perhaps it was, but you should probably have read it if you're going to make such claims.

Im pretty sure I did … just worried I missed something. Did I? (See above). Did it cover the aspects I suggested it didn’t like the cash flow position and the charity work they provided ?

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think it’s fair to assume the foundation took a pause because it failed to generate any revenue ($100K) , had no revenue potential over the summer , and no potential to provide any charity over the next 3-5 months.

Had Ottawa provided this foundation with $2-4 million like other cities they probably stay open.

This is another unfortunate look for the Ottawa’s sports fans. Good for Phillips and Melynk to take the high road.

Last edited:

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
tenor (1).gif

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A 5 month old charity operating only during the pandemic while coming off a very public divorce from the previous one that the public seemed to side with regardless and continues to operate... shocker if it wasn't raking in cash yet..

The reality is, it doesnt really matter, Melnyk and the Senators once again lose out with another negative story in the media and another legacy player feeling slighted.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
A 5 month old charity operating only during the pandemic while coming off a very public divorce from the previous one that the public seemed to side with regardless and continues to operate... shocker if it wasn't raking in cash yet..

The reality is, it doesnt really matter, Melnyk and the Senators once again lose out with another negative story in the media and another legacy player feeling slighted.
Doesn't this diminish the credibility that Weir and Phillips brought to their roles with the Foundation? If Weir was brought on to be a senior director with his area of expertise being corporate partnerships, shouldn't the Foundation have been capable of raising funds regardless of the pandemic?

Obviously something happened that involves Melnyk but Weir and Phillips shouldn't have had any problems raising funds using their connections. What transpired that lead to Weir being dismissed and to put a pause on this charity is still a mystery.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

There are only two explanations:

1) All of the instances you refer to were unrelated. There is no pattern, just a lot of coincidence and bad luck.

2) All of those instances you refer to were caused by the fact that Ottawa is a bad market with poor fan support.

☺️

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Doesn't this diminish the credibility that Weir and Phillips brought to their roles with the Foundation? If Weir was brought on to be a senior director with his area of expertise being corporate partnerships, shouldn't the Foundation have been capable of raising funds regardless of the pandemic?

Obviously something happened that involves Melnyk but Weir and Phillips shouldn't have had any problems raising funds using their connections. What transpired that lead to Weir being dismissed and to put a pause on this charity is still a mystery.
I assume the small sample size being the short amount of time they've even been up and running makes it difficult to truly say if they were underperforming or if it was just the consequences of starting from scratch fresh off the very public and controversial divorce from the last charity and them immediately becoming a competitor while taking with them the good word of mouth and support of the community. It is a hard situation to judge just how much of an effect that may or may not have had. I didn't see them just sliding over, starting a new foundation, and carrying on as usual after all that, but I also don't have the knowledge to really say.

I have my assumptions but am not prepared to take a strong position on who was wronged here, if anyone, considering the lack of info available yet (if ever as is more likely) but I certainly think and like to point out that Melnyk serves to lose the most with each of these little spats even if he technically were in the right in some instances. Most probably just assume it was melnyk being Melnyk again and never bother to look in to the story much either way, so in the end its just another negative Melnyk/Senators story and another long time player leaving through controversy.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think it’s fair to assume the foundation took a pause because it failed to generate any revenue ($100K) , had no revenue potential over the summer , and no potential to provide any charity over the next 3-5 months.

Had Ottawa provided this foundation with $2-4 million like other cities they probably stay open.

This is another unfortunate look for the Ottawa’s sports fans. Good for Phillips and Melynk to take the high road.

maybe the charity failed because nobody wants to give money to Melnyck or trusts him with their money? And can you blame them?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
maybe the charity failed because nobody wants to give money to Melnyck or trusts him with their money? And can you blame them?

Well I agree that no body wants to give money to Melynk (foundation money isnt Melynk ??? It’s Weir and little kids and stuff ) … the only question is do Ottawa sports fans want to give money to anyone ??? Melynk doesn’t think so .. OSEG doesn’t think so …

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Well I agree that no body wants to give money to Melynk (foundation money isnt Melynk ??? It’s Weir and little kids and stuff ) … the only question is do Ottawa sports fans want to give money to anyone ??? Melynk doesn’t think so .. OSEG doesn’t think so …
Melynk should just sell the team then. The NHL won't let him relocate, and the Ottawa fans are terrible & cheapskates.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Melynk should just sell the team then. The NHL won't let him relocate, and the Ottawa fans are terrible & cheapskates.

I don’t really understand that sentence(s)…

No owner wants the job of selling $25 tickets to Ottawa fans unless they have a brand new billion building. To bad you can’t get a new building every three years.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I don’t really understand that sentence(s)…

No owner wants the job of selling $25 tickets to Ottawa fans unless they have a brand new billion building. To bad you can’t get a new building every three years.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Sure … you know anyone who wants to buy it ?

It’s isn’t an overly attractive idea to purchase the Sens for $0.5 billion. The fans expect you to lose $20 every year and even than probably won’t buy any tickets.

Plus you have the whole “what billionaire hangs out in North Stittsville” thing … I can’t think of many ?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Mwlnyk won’t sell because the value is too low. Fans won’t support the team financially. It’s a never ending circle of futility.

The difference this time is Melynk won’t go bankrupt waiting. He can ride out $3 million of annual profit as long as he needs just by lowering the payroll and inflating the player budget with dead cap contracts.

It’s hard to imagine that team doesn’t improve over the next 5 years. I’m nervously expecting fans to stay cheap and Melynk will have himself another “I told you so” moment. Attendance will improve but never become enough to warrant upper half spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad