Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The optics of a billionaire complaining about a Porsche dealership getting handouts while he spent a chunk of covid lockdown cruising on a super yacht are hilarious. "I'm dying over here." How is this guy so oblivious?

Yes I understand the dealership getting 3 mil is shady. But the last person who should be complaining about it is Melnyk.

In fairness he didn’t complain that the multi millionaire Porsche dealer got the handout … he complained about the city also not giving him one too.

Reactions: Yak

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Then you know who decided to take over as the face of the franchise again.

That’s not true (or even a bad thing). Then only thing that happened this weekend was Chris Phillips resigned from the Senators.

Last edited:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Did anyone take Mendes up on his offer and joined the discussion?

I have had several interactions with local Ottawa Journalists. Many of you know the shit disturber that I am. I have found them to be very ethical and very committed to their craft. Most have spoken out on issues. And have done so at the expense of their careers in some instances. And have done so against the backdrop of a shrinking market which is making their jobs and lives very hard.

Of the people I have interacted with; Mendes is #1. JR is 2. And people on here may laugh, but Brennan is also honest and does his best. But they have all been beaten down by the forces around them.

Now there are others that I have little respect for. But they too have to navigate the minefield that is their industry.

Believe me when I tell you. Ian Mendes is probably this city's most honest person. I would have zero problem voting for that guy if he ever ran for office. I have an e-mail exchange with that guy that has sent my respect for him through the roof.

the first two words in this threads title is the issue.
Completely agreed on Mendes. All the proof you need is the incredible article he just wrote on Daron Richardson. To me the fact that the family was willing to help him write such a difficult article shows you how respected, professional, and classy he is.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
In fairness he didn’t complain that the multi millionaire Porsche dealer got the handout … he complained about the city also not giving him one too.
How is that not the same thing?

That’s not true (or even a bad thing). Then only thing that happened this weekend was Chris Phillips resigned from the Senators.
It's not a bad thing that Melnyk is the face of the organization? It is true hence this thread and whether it's on purpose or not it's unfortunately happened again. Please don't respond with 'it's only the hf hive mind'. 99% of sens fans dislike him in a very well documented series of events. No one I know posts on here do and all share the same sentiment.

Reactions: Dionysus

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can't wait for Melnyk to sell so we can have legacy players like Alfie and Phillips have long standing ovations before a game. I want to be there.

The optics of a billionaire complaining about a Porsche dealership getting handouts while he spent a chunk of covid lockdown cruising on a super yacht are hilarious. "I'm dying over here." How is this guy so oblivious?

Yes I understand the dealership getting 3 mil is shady. But the last person who should be complaining about it is Melnyk.

Kinda funny lol. I am nowhere near as rich as Melnyk but I'm very grateful I can afford a quality life for my family and I know I'm privileged when I look at most people's situation on the planet. He's delusional if he thinks he's "dying out there". When you make a lot of money you should absolutely pay a lot of taxes. Heck, even regular people can pay up to ~50%. I'd be proud to pay millions in taxes every year and contribute more to society

Last edited:
Reactions: StoicSensFan

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
How is that not the same thing?

It's not a bad thing that Melnyk is the face of the organization? It is true hence this thread and whether it's on purpose or not it's unfortunately happened again. Please don't respond with 'it's only the hf hive mind'. 99% of sens fans dislike him in a very well documented series of events. No one I know posts on here do and all share the same sentiment.

I shouldn’t have to explain it - my kid complains that they didn’t get an ice cream cone when I just gave the other kid one. They arn’t complaining that his sibling got a cone, they are complaining they didn’t get one.

I can’t help you with the hive mind thing. When 99% of a group push a sentiment, especially when’s its routed in poor judgment it’s gets labelled as such. See White’s contract thread, Ryan extension, EK trade, Wolanin top 4D, as prime examples.

It serves us well to look back at these overwhelming misguided fan opinions. The entire Cory is often elated or outraged on something they are dead wrong about.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I shouldn’t have to explain it - my kid complains that they didn’t get an ice cream cone when I just gave the other kid one. They arn’t complaining that his sibling got a cone, they are complaining they didn’t get one.

I can’t help you with the hive mind thing. When 99% of a group push a sentiment, especially when’s its routed in poor judgment it’s gets labelled as such. See White’s contract thread, Ryan extension, EK trade, Wolanin top 4D, as prime examples.

It serves us well to look back at these overwhelming misguided fan opinions. The entire Cory is often elated or outraged on something they are dead wrong about.

Wouldn’t it be more relevant to go check what the “hive mind” thought about other potentially Melnyk related embarassing off-ice/PR moves/events than on-ice moves?

For instance, rather than digging up another other poster’s positions on the EK trade, wouldn’t it be more relevant to see you compare your positions to the positions of others regarding the Randy Lee fiasco, the departure of Tom Anselmi, the departure of Lyndon Slewidge, the departure of Daniel Alfredsson (the executive), the outdoor game interview, the Lebreton fiasco, the firing of Cyril Leeder, the firing of Jim Little etc?

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Wouldn’t it be more relevant to go check what the “hive mind” thought about other potential Melnyk related embarassing off-ice/PR move related events than on-ice moves?

For instance, rather than digging up other poster’s positions on the EK trade, wouldn’t it be more relevant to see you compare your positions to the positions of others regarding the Randy Lee fiasco, the departure of Tom Anselmi, the departure of Lyndon Slewidge, the departure of Daniel Alfredsson (the executive), the outdoor game interview, the Lebreton fiasco, the firing of Cyril Leeder, the firing of Jim Little etc?
Well said...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

So 99% are wrong and you are right. Electric take.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Have you sent your RSVP to Ian Mendes yet?

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Mendes is here … he knows what answers people are looking for.
Are you really saying Ian will answer to push some type of agenda and risk damaging his rep, and not answer using the information acquired from resources and connections he's made in the business? Classic.

You always go on about others not having enough information, well here is your chance to talk to someone who has a hell of a lot more info than you and anyone here in regards to any situation involving the Senators. If you believe strongly about everything you post here that you seem to have answers for then it shouldn't be difficult for you to tell Ian where he is wrong. And because you apparently already know the answers he is going to give, you'd be going in with an advantage.

Go ahead, tell him how nothing is Melnyk's fault and stand by your words. Show him how he's wrong like 99% of the posters here. If you are right and can back yourself up then what ever catered answers you think Ian may have shouldn't matter. Seeing as you go on and on about others getting things wrong, this would be the biggest stage for you to firmly reinforce that belief. You should be chomping at the bit to tell Ottawa how they're wrong and to get behind our noble owner.

But you won't because that's the easy way out, and if you're wrong your days of coming on here and winding everyone up would be over.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are you really saying Ian will answer to push some type of agenda and risk damaging his rep, and not answer using the information acquired from resources and connections he's made in the business? Classic.

You always go on about others not having enough information, well here is your chance to talk to someone who has a hell of a lot more info than you and anyone here in regards to any situation involving the Senators. If you believe strongly about everything you post here that you seem to have answers for then it shouldn't be difficult for you to tell Ian where he is wrong. And because you apparently already know the answers he is going to give, you'd be going in with an advantage.

Go ahead, tell him how nothing is Melnyk's fault and stand by your words. Show him how he's wrong like 99% of the posters here. If you are right and can back yourself up then what ever catered answers you think Ian may have shouldn't matter. Seeing as you go on and on about others getting things wrong, this would be the biggest stage for you to firmly reinforce that belief. You should be chomping at the bit to tell Ottawa how they're wrong and to get behind our noble owner.

But you won't because that's the easy way out, and if you're wrong your days of coming on here and winding everyone up would be over.

I’ve never told Mendes he is wrong. Mendes wrote a once sided article only talking about Phillips being alienated by the club. He didn’t provide any info about how much charity work the foundation accomplished, how much money it raised or lost … or anything. We’re left feeling bad for Weir or Phillips but I have no idea what type of job these guys did or why the foundation doesn’t have any money.

Personally I bet Weir/Phillips did a good job and just couldn’t squeeze any money out of the Ottawa fans. I wouldn’t want that job either.

Mendes or any reporter is welcome yo investigate that side or ignore it. I get why no one wants to paint a negative view of fans or a guy like Phillips.

I give Melynk credit for quietly pausing this thing … they prob don’t want another reaction of having Phillips or Melynk tell everyone that they had to close because no one bought any tickets.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Wouldn’t it be more relevant to go check what the “hive mind” thought about other potentially Melnyk related embarassing off-ice/PR moves/events than on-ice moves?

For instance, rather than digging up another other poster’s positions on the EK trade, wouldn’t it be more relevant to see you compare your positions to the positions of others regarding the Randy Lee fiasco, the departure of Tom Anselmi, the departure of Lyndon Slewidge, the departure of Daniel Alfredsson (the executive), the outdoor game interview, the Lebreton fiasco, the firing of Cyril Leeder, the firing of Jim Little etc?

That reminds me of the film "The Life of Brian" in an odd backwards sort of way. What has the Melnyk done for us?

Reactions: Bileur

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Ian can say or do what ever he wants … I’m just telling you the parts of the story I haven’t seen reported on . I’d like to know those answers as much as I would like to know trade rumours or building stories. It helps align an accurate view of Melynks positive and negative roll with this team.

You are attempting to smear me … what derogatory statement have I made about Mendes ? Quote please? I’m getting tired of lame acquisitions that no one backs up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Ian can say or do what ever he wants … I’m just telling you the parts of the story that I haven’t seen reported on . I’d like to know those answers as much as I would like to know trade rumours or building stories.

You are attempting to smear me … what derogatory statement have I made about Mendes ? Quote please?
Mendes is here … he knows what answers people are looking for.
This is implies Mendes will say what the masses want to hear, regardless of the truth, so there is no point in having the discussion with him.

And no, I'm not attempting to smear you, as you don't need any assistance from me. Hilarious, seeing as you're constantly smearing the fans and city.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This is implies Mendes will say what the masses want to hear, regardless of the truth, so there is no point in having the discussion with him.

And no, I'm not attempting to smear you, as you don't need any assistance from me. Hilarious, seeing as you're constantly smearing the fans and city.

Ehhhh .. No it doesn’t … it implies Mendes can say or do what ever he wants. He can write any piece he wants or discuss any info he wants. Which is true.

He has read these posts so he knows (at least me) some would like to know about the financial position of the charity, what the charity paid out, how much money it may have lots etc etc. Calgary bought nice little chrome books for disadvantaged kids during the pandemic stuff.

There is ZERO disrespect, defamation, or insult in those questions and I resent you suggesting otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad