Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part 5 (YOUS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Actually Zoom is pushing and paying for there product to used and named all over.
You will notice this if you pay attention to the news, either full out fake stories or slightly modified stories about world leaders state enemies things like this will have zoom and be using zoom.
They will mention zoom numerous times for no reason.
Two years ago it was WhatsApp and bizarre 100% fake Syrian rebel and Syrian children stories.
Absolute crazy 1984 style propaganda
You’ve officially jumped the shark.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Imagine thinking Mendes is about to cash in at his SUBSCRIPTION PAYWALL job at the Athletic by offering a zoom call to explain how he makes his decision and choices in an open Q&A on Zoom.

lmfao

Imagine thinking he is doing it for fun or because he cares what any of our opinions are
LMAO

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Sweet Jesus we've gone into full out tin hat Zoom conspiracies..I give the f up...

Are you honestly that innocent you don’t understand when these major companies roll out the advertising campaign?
You think wide reaching companies will name products on air for free or magically everyone from fox to cnn to RT all of a sudden switch from pushing one social media company to another all at the same time?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Are you honestly that innocent you don’t understand when these major companies roll out the advertising campaign?
You think wide reaching companies will name products on air for free or magically everyone from fox to cnn to RT all of a sudden switch from pushing one social media company to another all at the same time?
Funny how you lambast Mendes for his aledged lack of journalistic integrity while making unsubstantiated accusation after unsubstantiated accusation.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Anyway I look forward to further reporting on why the Sens couldn’t keep their prized 5 month old foundation afloat, and why Chris Phillips felt he needed to resign.

It’s a really embarrassing look for the org at a time when we are trying to sign Brady Tkachuk to a long term deal.

haven’t really heard much about that...

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Funny how you lambast Mendes for his aledged lack of journalistic integrity while making unsubstantiated accusation after unsubstantiated accusation.

The WhatsApp Messages That Hold Refugee Families Together
The Messages That Hold Refugee Families Together
hey send back messages of love, hope and sorrow. Hundreds of thousands Syrian refugees have fled their homeland for Jordan, Turkey and, in increasing numbers, Europe. But families separated by thousands of miles still stay connected, thanks to smartphones and applications like the cross-platform mobile messaging program WhatsApp.

How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories | CNN
How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories

The Whatsapp Wedding
The Whatsapp Wedding

There is thousands of product placement “news” stories this is the first 3 out of pages and pages

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The WhatsApp Messages That Hold Refugee Families Together
The Messages That Hold Refugee Families Together
hey send back messages of love, hope and sorrow. Hundreds of thousands Syrian refugees have fled their homeland for Jordan, Turkey and, in increasing numbers, Europe. But families separated by thousands of miles still stay connected, thanks to smartphones and applications like the cross-platform mobile messaging program WhatsApp.

How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories | CNN
How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories

The Whatsapp Wedding
The Whatsapp Wedding

There is thousands of product placement “news” stories this is the first 3 out of pages and pages
You've linked to three stories that reference WhatsApp and that's supposed to prove that Mendes is getting paid by Zoom to hold a QandA using their service?

Is this some sort of just for laughs gags reel or something...

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You've linked to three stories that reference WhatsApp and that's supposed to prove that Mendes is getting paid by Zoom to hold a QandA using their service?

Ian’s company will be paid to use and promote zoom correct. Or at least they should be
If you think mass marketing is a joke how would you pump a product...take out an add in the local news paper?
Actual countries pay American networks to run favorable stories for public relations.
This is called propaganda, you shut down and think “conspiracy” but the word propaganda is not evil or a made up thing.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ian’s company will be paid to use and promote zoom correct. Or at least they should be
If you think mass marketing is a joke how would you pump a product...take out an add in the local news paper?
Actual countries pay American networks to run favorable stories for public relations.
This is called propaganda, you shut down and think “conspiracy” but the word propaganda is not evil or a made up thing.
You're always switching gears on your arguments the moment you get backed in and your excuses for not being willing to join the Q&A offered are a prime example.

I can't help but wonder what your position would be had Mendes provided the sources you demand.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

No it’s to try to explain to people journalists get paid by social media to use promote and mention their products.

The idea Ian is not doing this for profit is the gag

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

So what if Ian offered to chat via skype with you instead? or Facetime or one of the other many services that are readily available and that people use on a daily basis. What if it was face to face? Why would you even care if the Athletic is making money from referencing Zoom? That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation we were having.

I'm 100% serious when I'm saying this, this is personal but my mother is schizophrenic (she cannot work due to manic episodes and just general paranoia), and these are the types of conversations I have with her. Everything is a conspiracy and you will never be able to change her opinion on any given topic. In her mind she is always right no matter what evidence is presented to her, no matter what information she can get her hands on. Conversations go from Z to A and back to Y without any real correlation. The way she interprets everything is fueled by her paranoia and unfortunately one of the elements of this mental illness is that you always think other people don't understand while you're the only one that does. Now I'm definitely not implying that you are because I don't know you and have never met you, but I can tell you that's not a way to live your life always thinking that your opinion is real while disregarding all other opinions and facts. I don't know if you even noticed but you've completely changed the subject now from the original discussion and I'm hoping it's just straight up denial because what you're saying makes absolutely no sense at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So what if Ian offered to chat via skype with you instead? or Facetime or one of the other many services that are readily available and that people use on a daily basis. What if it was face to face?

I'm 100% serious when I'm saying this, this is personal but my mother is schizophrenic (she cannot work due to manic episodes and just general paranoia), and these are the types of conversations I have with her. Everything is a conspiracy and you will never be able to change her opinion on any given topic. In her mind she is always right no matter what evidence is presented to her, no matter what information she can get her hands on. The way she interprets everything is fueled by her paranoia and unfortunately one of the elements of this mental illness is that you always think other people don't understand while you're the only one that does. Now I'm definitely not implying that you are because I don't know you and have never met you, but I can tell you that's not a way to live your life always thinking that your opinion is real while disregarding all other opinions and facts. I don't know if you even noticed but you've completely changed the subject now from the original discussion and I'm hoping it's just straight up denial because what you're saying makes absolutely no sense at all.

Ian is an entertainment personality and a social influencer he needs clicks he needs his name out there
It is not a conspiracy or a made up thing. It is his actual job and the only reason he is doing this
WTF? I don’t care about zoom, I was just saying social media companies pay social influencers to use their product.
Do you honestly think only a crazy person would think people make money from the social media platforms they choose?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BondraTime

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ian is an entertainment personality and a social influencer he needs clicks he needs his name out there
It is not a conspiracy or a made up thing. It is his actual job and the only reason he is doing this
In your opinion it is and you're gonna hang your hat on to it as a way to deflect and give yourself an excuse until the cows come home, but lets not pretend its a fact that he's doing this for clicks.

Reactions: bert

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I really don't see it that way. Ian has no obligation to do this discussion session with fans and I would even go as far as saying that his employer might not even be thrilled that Ian is engaging in these types of discussions with fans. For most of the media fans don't matter as long as they get their clicks, you are right about that if we look at it from a general perspective. To me that just shows that Ian is being straightforward at least and willing to defend and explain his position to a very specific portion of the fanbase. The story is already rolled out, and the Athletic has already generated the clicks they needed. If this type of activity (Media explaining position to fans) would generate clicks and more exposure, then I would certainly assume that many other media outlets and personalities would engage and do these types of sessions in the NHL but it's not the case.

We're really lucky here even though you don't realize it. Most of the media doesn't give a flying f*** about us. The media is full of people saying things and then not backing them up. This one time we have someone who's willing to back it up face to face and you're acting like this is a publicity stunt. You've got this all backwards my man.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
In your opinion it is and you're gonna hang your hat on to it as a way to deflect and give yourself an excuse until the cows come home, but lets not pretend its a fact that he's doing this for clicks.

So you don’t think his actual job is to get clicks and grab as many peoples attention as he can?
Please do enlighten me what on earth do you think his job is?
Do you think he is just a magical information thing from heaven
I don’t understand what you think he actually does

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So you don’t think his actual job is to get clicks and grab as many peoples attention as he can?
Please do enlighten me what on earth do you think his job is?
Do you think he is just a magical information thing from heaven
I don’t understand what you think he actually does
That's completely irrelevant and you know it. You've switched gears to excuse yourself as you always do and its especially awkward in this case with the guy himself inviting you personally.

Lets be honest. If Ian had provided the sources from the get go that you demand, you'd be attacking the sources or finding something else to latch on to like with McKenna's comments calling him a nobody or the multitude of other stories that have come out. There's always something.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

ianmendes

Dec 15, 2016
Aaaand I’m out. See ya everybody. This has been a ride.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It’s totally impossible that The Athletic pays for a corporate Zoom subscription and that Ian is using a platform his company already pays for, right?

Anyway, I put that shit on mute because I couldn’t tolerate that nonsense anymore. This thread got a lot easier to read.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So what if Ian offered to chat via skype with you instead? or Facetime or one of the other many services that are readily available and that people use on a daily basis. What if it was face to face? Why would you even care if the Athletic is making money from referencing Zoom? That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation we were having.

I'm 100% serious when I'm saying this, this is personal but my mother is schizophrenic (she cannot work due to manic episodes and just general paranoia), and these are the types of conversations I have with her. Everything is a conspiracy and you will never be able to change her opinion on any given topic. In her mind she is always right no matter what evidence is presented to her, no matter what information she can get her hands on. Conversations go from Z to A and back to Y without any real correlation. The way she interprets everything is fueled by her paranoia and unfortunately one of the elements of this mental illness is that you always think other people don't understand while you're the only one that does. Now I'm definitely not implying that you are because I don't know you and have never met you, but I can tell you that's not a way to live your life always thinking that your opinion is real while disregarding all other opinions and facts. I don't know if you even noticed but you've completely changed the subject now from the original discussion and I'm hoping it's just straight up denial because what you're saying makes absolutely no sense at all.

Sorry to hear that, sounds terrible. I hope she’s getting the help and support she needs.

Reactions: bert and Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad