Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
With Sandersons offensive game developing I don’t think we can afford to have a “safe” third pair. We need to have some jump

Reactions: DrEasy

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Tonight was an example of Brannstrom using his strengths to outweigh his deficiencies. He was brilliant tonight offensively. If he is 75% of that on a regular basis that’s far more than enough to be valuable.
It’s funny. Even though he was fantastic offensively - he was his usual bad self in the defensive zone. That being said if he can do that on a regular basis - the defensive liabilities will be less apparent.

Reactions: NB613 and aragorn

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He reminded me of prime Karlsson last night. Every time he got the puck he was like a one man break out into the zone and creating things. Like I was just waiting for more magical plays. It was nice. If he can have more games like that, he'll start putting up some nice numbers.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
He reminded me of prime Karlsson last night. Every time he got the puck he was like a one man break out into the zone and creating things. Like I was just waiting for more magical plays. It was nice. If he can have more games like that, he'll start putting up some nice numbers.
It was a treat to watch, here’s hoping it’s a breakout year

Reactions: DrEasy and dekem

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If Zaitsev or JBD are on this team ahead of Brannstrom you might as well start packing DJ's bags cuz he's getting fired in November.

It’s funny. Even though he was fantastic offensively - he was his usual bad self in the defensive zone. That being said if he can do that on a regular basis - the defensive liabilities will be less apparent.

Aragorn liking this is as predictable as the hangover I get after a big night of partying.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Zaitsev or JBD are on this team ahead of Brannstrom you might as well start packing DJ's bags cuz he's getting fired in November.
Those guys play the right side, not really competing for the same spot.

Brannstrom is trying to beat out Holden and Larsson. JBD is trying to beat out Zaitsev. There's a chance Holden plays his off side, that's actually my preference, but there really doesn't appear to be any signs of playing Brannstrom on the right.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Aragorn liking this is as predictable as the hangover I get after a big night of partying.
I have said numerous times that I think JBD will be returned to Belleville because he won't need to go through waivers. Zaitsev has another year on his contract unless they put him on waivers & assign him to Belleville or buy him out he will likely be on the team & fill in for whoever gets hurt first or screws up first.

DJ isn't going anywhere IMO he has two more yrs on his contract & should get every opportunity to get this team into a playoff position. I think they will look at his job at season's end & determine from there what they will do with the HC. Until last night Brannstrom had done nothing to secure himself a place on this team, he will need to do that more consistently & possible put up some pts to secure his position further.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Brannstrom is trying to beat out Holden and Larsson. JBD is trying to beat out Zaitsev. There's a chance Holden plays his off side, that's actually my preference, but there really doesn't appear to be any signs of playing Brannstrom on the right.

Yeah actually they are vying for the same spot, which is why DJ had Zaitsev with Holden ahead of Brann going into camp. Thankfully 22 is so bad that even his biggest fan has to consider not starting him in the regular season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah actually they are vying for the same spot, which is why DJ had Zaitsev with Holden ahead of Brann going into camp. Thankfully 22 is so bad that even his biggest fan has to consider not starting him in the regular season.
Again, Holden and Brannstrom play the left side, while Zaitsev and JBD play exclusively the right, they aren't vying for the same spot in the same sense that Pinto and Joseph aren't vying for the same spot.

Holden is one of the few guys DJ has tried on his offside, and I do hope he is willing to play him on Brannstrom's right side, but there is no chance JBD or Zaitsev play the left and next to none that Brannstrom plays the right given DJ's past history, so to say Brannstrom is competing for a spot with Zaitsev is misleading at best.

Reactions: aragorn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Again, Holden and Brannstrom play the left side, while Zaitsev and JBD play exclusively the right, they aren't vying for the same spot in the same sense that Pinto and Joseph aren't vying for the same spot.

Holden is one of the few guys DJ has tried on his offside, and I do hope he is willing to play him on Brannstrom's right side, but there is no chance JBD or Zaitsev play the left and next to none that Brannstrom plays the right given DJ's past history, so to say Brannstrom is competing for a spot with Zaitsev is misleading at best.
If Brannstrom is better than Zaitsev it pushes Holden to the right side?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Brannstrom is better than Zaitsev it pushes Holden to the right side?
No, Holden needs to be better while playing the right side than Zaitsev, while Brannstrom needs to be better than Holden on the left.

If Brannstrom can outplay Holden, he has a spot. Being better than Zaitsev does nothing for him because they don't play the same side.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
No, Holden needs to be better while playing the right side than Zaitsev, while Brannstrom needs to be better than Holden on the left.

If Brannstrom can outplay Holden, he has a spot. Being better than Zaitsev does nothing for him because they don't play the same side.
Holden is better than Zaitzev though.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Barnnstrom looks now really like Eric, who was not really better defensively then Branny. If he keeps it up, he is 11 million dollars player. What Jakob Chychrun? Are you kidding me??

Holden is garbage!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ok. He needs to do it on his offside though.

Meanwhile Brannstrom needs to be better than Holden in that final LD spot, otherwise DJ will just keep Holden on the left and probably play JBD on the right given how terrible Zaitsev has been.

DJ has been really hesitant to play D on their offside, particularly young D. Brannstrom isn't competing for the final RD slot, he needs to outplay Holden to earn a spot.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

i mean hasnt the coach already pretty much said that Holden can play the off side and is good at it?

I think we are getting a bit too caught up in handedness especially for a bottom pair ... absolutely Brannstorm is competing with JBD for a spot from the lineups we have seen. Holden is a lock on the team

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
i mean hasnt the coach already pretty much said that Holden can play the off side and is good at it?

I think we are getting a bit too caught up in handedness especially for a bottom pair ... absolutely Brannstorm is competing with JBD for a spot from the lineups we have seen. Holden is a lock on the team
As Micklebot explained all Brannstrom has to do is beat out Holden, then it’s a battle between Holden, Zaitsev and JBD for the 3RD.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
As Micklebot explained all Brannstrom has to do is beat out Holden, then it’s a battle between Holden, Zaitsev and JBD for the 3RD.

It has been stated that Holden is a lock.
So if the pair of Brannstrom Holden is better than Holden Zaitsev ..for example then... did Brannstrom beat out Holden? Not really.. That pair gives us the best chance because of several factors ... its too simplistic to make it a battle of lefties and righties.

If Larsson Holden is the better pair they play. Brannstrom would also have to beat him out I would assume. Holden is in and assume he is very close to equal rightie or leftie .. who is the partner that gives them what they want out of that pair and other roles like PK PP etc where they could be used.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It has been stated that Holden is a lock.
So if the pair of Brannstrom Holden is better than Holden Zaitsev ..for example then... did Brannstrom beat out Holden? Not really.. That pair gives us the best chance because of several factors ... its too simplistic to make it a battle of lefties and righties.

If Larsson Holden is the better pair they play. Brannstrom would also have to beat him out I would assume. Holden is in and assume he is very close to equal rightie or leftie .. who is the partner that gives them what they want out of that pair and other roles like PK PP etc where they could be used.
Holden a lock ? I know he’s a roster lock but top 6 ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad