Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
He didn't seem happy in his post-game interview. I am not sure he is interested in being a forward at all. Maybe he changes his mind as he looked good and being able to play both is a huge asset that will up his value, both trade and contract.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Brannstrom has a lot of value, wherever he plays. He's a talented hockey player. Glad Jacque can see that.

I think the branny haters who want to move him will be very disappointed when Alfie and Martin like his IQ and push to keep him.

He is good at everything. Maybe not elite at anything, but just being good and versatile is very valuable.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
He didn't seem happy in his post-game interview. I am not sure he is interested in being a forward at all. Maybe he changes his mind as he looked good and being able to play both is a huge asset that will up his value, both trade and contract.
He'll make a lot more money as a D than a F unless he can get into the top 6 F. I'm sure he's on the trade block if the right deal comes along. It seems that Martin is not a fan of playing one of the other LD on the right, thankfully, so he'll probably be moved for help up front or on RD.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I think the branny haters who want to move him will be very disappointed when Alfie and Martin like his IQ and push to keep him.

He is good at everything. Maybe not elite at anything, but just being good and versatile is very valuable.
Haters... hmmm. Didn't think he was a good defenseman but he look great last night. Why we traded for DBC when had one all along.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Finished the interview off with I prefer playing D, so yeah....

I don't see him sticking around after this year, could see him moved at the deadline.
Its great he can contribute at forward. Cap crunch is coming soon though tough decisions will need to be made. If I'm Brannstrom and I get to keep a spot on the team at F and platoon in on D when needed.. I'd grab it. I think he can be a positive contributor at both but a spot on a team where he can play in the top 4 and get some PP time would be ideal for him.. not sure where though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is likely his only path to being a full time and long time NHL player. Utility guy that can literally play anywhere. Teams that go on deep runs don't have D men his size as regular players. If they do they are incredible skaters. While Brannstrom isn't a bad skater it isn't good enough to make up for his lack of size. Hope he comes to terms with it and embraces it. I think it's obvious his teammates like him. He plays hard let's see how he does in this role.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Finished the interview off with I prefer playing D, so yeah....

I don't see him sticking around after this year, could see him moved at the deadline.
There's been a complete regime change in the last 50 or so days.

Everyone is being evaluated

It'll be interesting to see what moves they make.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
He hasn't played forward in the last 14 years so yeah defense is where he is most comfortable. Doesn't mean tho he can't convert to being a good 2 way forward. Give it some time if that's in Martin's plans.

At the end of the day, I'd rather play him forward then riding the bench. NHL money is good wherever you get slotted in.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Wait for the end...

I listened on the way hom form the game, and I could feel his anger. Watching it , you can see he was humiliated to play forward. And a humiliating question by Claire to a professional hockey player who gets $2M to play defence. Why embarrass the guy more?

Jacques doesn't care. He just wants wins. We all do. But he realizes that he is a spare part here and will be moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad