Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I’d be tempted to sit JBD instead of Klevin unless they are trying to ease Branny back with 3rd pair minutes.
This lineup posted keeps everyone on their natural sides. Otherwise I would play Kleven ahead as well just because I'd like to give him the reps. I think he has the bigger future here but I can see why they are going this way at this juncture.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He’s looked like a serviceable 6/7 without a doubt, which is what you’d hope for
I agree given where he was drafted; however I am still miffed at the former GM for not taking K'Andre Miller with the pick, opting instead to get JBD and Tychonik.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
At this point I think Brannstrom brings more to the table playing with Chychrun than JBD.
Ah.

So you would have Kleven and Hamonic together?

I could see that although I don't think Kleven has seemed comfortable in any game this year. He is fighting the puck and his decision making hasn't been very good.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ah.

So you would have Kleven and Hamonic together?

I could see that although I don't think Kleven has seemed comfortable in any game this year. He is fighting the puck and his decision making hasn't been very good.
I see a very bright future for Klevin, but thinking Branny over JBD with Chychrun gives us the best top 4 possible with Chabot out.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Did he? He’s been brutal from what I have seen.

He brings the less offensively among Sens D-men but he's good at what I call "survival defense", which is what you want in a 3rd pairing D-man. His metrics aren't great except SA/60 and GA/60 which I guess is because he blocks a lot of shots and shooting lanes.

We wanted him to be a 2nd pairing D-man but he hasn't developed enough in the last 3 years, seems to be a bit of an organizational problem (playing defense and without the puck)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He brings the less offensively among Sens D-men but he's good at what I call "survival defense", which is what you want in a 3rd pairing D-man. His metrics aren't great except SA/60 and GA/60 which I guess is because he blocks a lot of shots and shooting lanes.

We wanted him to be a 2nd pairing D-man but he hasn't developed enough in the last 3 years, seems to be a bit of an organizational problem (playing defense and without the puck)
I believe the lack of development with JBD is mostly due to lack of strength. You can’t play his style without being strong. If he had
Zub strength he’d be a fantastic option but he doesn’t so he’s replaceable. Maybe Guenette or Matinpalo can be next in line for a shot at RD.

Reactions: Xspyrit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I believe the lack of development with JBD is mostly due to lack of strength. You can’t play his style without being strong. If he had
Zub strength he’d be a fantastic option but he doesn’t so he’s replaceable. Maybe Guenette or Matinpalo can be next in line for a shot at RD.
You'd think testing would reveal that and we've got a new strength coach so hopefully it's solvable

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You'd think testing would reveal that and we've got a new strength coach so hopefully it's solvable
Wanna see him with a new coach. So much indecisiveness from him but our breakout sucks ass

Would like to see how he plays with proper support around the ice

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Brannstrom has us transitioning out of our zone well I'd say 75% of the time - I would love to see the numbers.

Chychrun also seems to do a good deal of transitioning us out well, although he does seem to have a habit I noticed against Vancouver and Calgary of reversing the puck to his partner already under pressure leading to us being hemmed in our zone a few times per game.

JBD/Kleven consistently banked hte puck out of the zone onto opponents' sticks which got really tiresome to see.

All to say, glad Branny is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad