Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Lol. There’s at least one poster on here who has proposed ~50+ Brannstrom trades in 2023.

There are definitely people who want him gone.
What I meant was, virtually everyone is fine with him being a bottom pair D for us this season, especially since he has potential to grow, it's just that he might have to be the odd man out to create cap space.

Reactions: aragorn and GCK

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Saw him live tonight and very impressed by him. Seemed to be the D that the his weight around the most ironically and usually worked out re: gaining possession

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That's another game where we kept the shots against under 30. Defence a big part of that.

The goal differential and shot differential along with how well our goalies are playing are the real story of the season thus far.

I don't think we've played excellent competition yet (aside from the Hurricanes) but we've handled the teams we have played very well.

Carolina was a winnable game but mistakes cost us.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

That's a relief.

Just like Chabot, let's see how well we do without him.

Time for the F to step up and play some smart hockey. Puck possession and be on the right side of it all game.

No time to pad stats, we need to lock it down and hope our PP can get going.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I say this not 100% seriously, but the guy we should trade is Zub.

I have never been as enamored with him as this board is. He was directly responsible for that 2nd Flyers goal yesterday. He doesn't move the puck as cleanly as the others nor does he move as gracefully.

I know it would leave a hole. Brann would have to move up into the top 4 and we'd call up a guy like Guenette or Mantinpalo. Not sure how big a hole this would cause.

But we could probably get a 3rd for him and solve our Cap problem.
Do you still feel that way? If anything they need another Zub.

Glad to hear he is on the mend and on his way back home.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Do you still feel that way? If anything they need another Zub.

Glad to hear he is on the mend and on his way back home.

The suggestion to trade Zub is the most idiotic suggestion. He is the only player of his ilk in this franchise, a top-4 shutdown defenceman. It's not a coincidence that the team, with its lack of depth in that area, has been giving up a very high number of quality shots against/scoring chances since he got injured.

Glad to hear Brannstrom is ok after that scary incident.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
What I meant was, virtually everyone is fine with him being a bottom pair D for us this season, especially since he has potential to grow, it's just that he might have to be the odd man out to create cap space.

I think many have been clear they don’t see a role for Brannstrom due to size regardless of the pairing he’s on.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hopefully Bran is ok and this does not linger .. I'd like to see Kleven come in to replace Brannstrom . Have we heard the roster moves?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
For Halloween I should have worn a Brannstrom jersey. Dude got killed and is already back from the Dead. Plucky little demon!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
DJ saying he participated in all the drills today and looks good but not sure when he'll be back.
Nice, ya could depend on how he feels tomorrow, Zub didn’t feel as well the day after he ramped it up. So we’ll see, hopefully he’ll be good for back to back practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad