GWT: EPL - Matchweek 7 (ft. MW 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This one might actually be so embarrassing they have to release it. They should also release right after the restart because clearly the screw up extended well beyond the call itself.

Reactions: Savant

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
1.) The still from your post makes it seem iffy on if the defender got the ball simultaneous with Gomez or caught Gomez before, so I can't really comment on the similarity of the act.

2.) The reason VVD got a red is because it was a DOGSO foul. I don't recall, nor care to look up, the challenge on Gomez, but given that it's Gomez and Liverpool are down a man at the time, I'm gonna go ahead and guess he wasn't charging through the middle of the pitch alone on goal.

I'm not arguing it should be a red card but it was in my opionion a clear foul very similar to VVDs, and since it was in the penalty box it should therefore have been a penalty.

And as I said, looking at the two red cards from Saturdays game separately I'm honestly fine with them. It's the inconsistency that I tried to point out that makes me frustrated. And this game we pretty much got on the wrong side of it in every possible way

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
i support the ref audio thing but i aint gonna support them and some of your fans saying replay the match lol.
You don’t have to support a replay. I don’t support a replay. Of course people are going to ask because human nature but the majority of fans don’t want that. You support Liverpool if you want improvements to PGMOL. That’s what this is about

This one might actually be so embarrassing they have to release it. They should also release right after the restart because clearly the screw up extended well beyond the call itself.
No reason for them not to. Releasing only selective points if the audio would also be extremely telling

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Crazy that Liverpool fans are still talking about there being a full-on agenda against them by the ref, and they can't comprehend that would require the entire reffing crew (not just one ref) to have decided they were going to screw over Liverpool on Saturday.

Still laughing at one calling it the worst reffing display he's seen in 17 years, despite the fact we saw a very similar issue in Arsenal vs Brentford last year and Bournemouth was relegated from the PL in 2020 because Aston Villa secured a draw due to a goal line technology error.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Crazy that Liverpool fans are still talking about there being a full-on agenda against them by the ref, and they can't comprehend that would require the entire reffing crew (not just one ref) to have decided they were going to screw over Liverpool on Saturday.

Still laughing at one calling it the worst reffing display he's seen in 17 years, despite the fact we saw a very similar issue in Arsenal vs Brentford last year and Bournemouth was literally relegated from the PL in 2020 because Aston Villa secured a draw due to a goal line technology error.
That’s not what is happening.

And yeah it was one of the worst ref displays of all time. Dale Johnson who does the weekly VAR review columns agreed as well in his latest where he called the goal incident the “worst call of all time” so it’s not exactly hyperbole.

You (and others) need to stop trying to make this tribal. This is about trying to get a better standard of officiating and more transparency; but of course why would anyone want that when you can just make fun of LFC fans?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
That’s not what is happening.

And yeah it was one of the worst ref displays of all time. Dale Johnson who does the weekly VAR review columns agreed as well in his latest where he called the goal incident the “worst call of all time” so it’s not exactly hyperbole.

You (and others) need to stop trying to make this tribal. This is about trying to get a better standard of officiating and more transparency; but of course why would anyone want that when you can just make fun of LFC fans?
Except I'm not pretending that is happening - there are LFC fans (both here and just in general) claiming that happened.

Everyone here welcomes improvement in officiating, and we all call out bad calls when we see them. It's just that most of us don't cry about reffing conspiracies every other match week.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Except I'm not pretending that is happening - there are LFC fans (both here and just in general) claiming that happened.

Everyone here welcomes improvement in officiating, and we all call out bad calls when we see them. It's just that most of us don't cry about reffing conspiracies every other match week.
Yeah people are going to say stuff like that. People say dumb shit all the time. What shouldn’t be happening is people trying dilute what LFC are trying to do here; which is to take a substandard PGMOL on. Other games having bad errors should be ammo for what LFC is doing. Not ammo against it

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not arguing it should be a red card but it was in my opionion a clear foul very similar to VVDs, and since it was in the penalty box it should therefore have been a penalty.

And as I said, looking at the two red cards from Saturdays game separately I'm honestly fine with them. It's the inconsistency that I tried to point out that makes me frustrated. And this game we pretty much got on the wrong side of it in every possible way
A lot of this stuff is subjective. And yeah the inconsistency is weird. I think just focusing on the Diaz goal, Jones red card, the Diogo first yellow card, Richarlison and Udogie escaping yellow cards for gesturing (has anyone gotten a yellow card for gesturing besides Alexis btw?); are all objectively bad calls (except maybe Jones) that went the other way and had a real negative impact. And that’s without getting into the more open ended ones. And the funny thing is LFC still have to pay a fine because of the number of cards that they received

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also - apparently Gakpo injury isn’t too bad and has a chance to be back for Everton

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would like to preemptively state that the VAR audio not being released only proves how shady the entire officiating situation is. They are not going to release it and I doubt they were telling the truth in the first place. In my opinion anyway if the audio said what they said it did they would have released it immediately.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would like to preemptively state that the VAR audio not being released only proves how shady the entire officiating situation is. They are not going to release it and I doubt they were telling the truth in the first place.
I mean I said facetiously that if they released it that it would probably be scrubbed (largely because I didn’t think they would release it at all). The longer it takes them to do so, the more it seems like they are scrubbing

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against LFC. I do think there are some officials that have bias against some clubs. Whether that’s due to perceived slight or whatever. It’s human nature. I also know for a fact that some officials make decisions based on a perceived notion of trying to balance things or right some slight they have felt. Whether that’s the case in this one, I don’t know. I do know there’s an official or two who I would not want making critical decisions for LFC. Dude who elbowed a player for one.

I also know they’ll defend their group to the hilt as well.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I mean I said facetiously that if they released it that it would probably be scrubbed (largely because I didn’t think they would release it at all). The longer it takes them to do so, the more it seems like they are scrubbing

I don't think they did any VAR check at all. I think they ignored it. I think they have been selectively ignoring VAR checks ever since they put VAR in place. Mr. 'I forgot to draw the lines' is a great example of this. Or in Italy in the Juve game when they 'forgot' to show where the defender was standing. Obviously if this gets out it would be extremely bad for the integrity of the game. Last season's title race was directly altered by VAR not doing their job. They are either accidentally putting their hand on the scale to impact the league table or doing it on purpose. They won't release anything.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think they did any VAR check at all. I think they ignored it. I think they have been selectively ignoring VAR checks ever since they put VAR in place. Mr. 'I forgot to draw the lines' is a great example of this. Or in Italy in the Juve game when they 'forgot' to show where the defender was standing. Obviously if this gets out it would be extremely bad for the integrity of the game. Last season's title race was directly altered by VAR not doing their job. They won't release anything.
Something weird happened in that booth. I’m not sure I buy the explanation - still doesn’t make a ton of sense. There are some missing puzzle pieces that hoping the VAR clears up. I think it’s very likely that England was jet lagged from his jaunt to UAE and was asleep in the chair/compromised from having his full wits about him. I dont want to bring up the conspiracy stuff for obviously reasons, but I think it’s likely he just messed up because he was tired; and Howard Webb doesn’t want the egg in his face because he let him go to UAE

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's not a conspiracy, but I said on Saturday that I thought referees get emotional about what coaches/players tell them, and maybe that explains why you get officiating decisions that plainly don't make any sense.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's not a conspiracy, but I said on Saturday that I thought referees get emotional about what coaches/players tell them, and maybe that explains why you get officiating decisions that plainly don't make any sense.
I’d never share on here (for obvious reasons) unless people asked but there is so much data showing LFC as, let’s say, statistical outliers when it comes to officiating. It’s kind of hard to see otherwise. But again look on here it’s a microcosm of people agreeing with you until you complain about it

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I’d never share on here (for obvious reasons) unless people asked but there is so much data showing LFC as, let’s say, statistical outliers when it comes to officiating. It’s kind of hard to see otherwise. But again look on here it’s a microcosm of people agreeing with you until you complain about it

Don't share it with us, share it with The Athletic or another media if you think your data is worth a shit. I'm sure the club would thank you for your efforts.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
"I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but I think these guys made the decision to not check the offsides and the VAR audio would prove it"

"I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but I have all of this data that would show Liverpool get reffed differently"

Lol

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't share it with us, share it with The Athletic or another media if you think your data is worth a shit. I'm sure the club would thank you for your efforts.
Not my data. Not sharing here because no one would take it seriously anyway

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
"I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but I think these guys made the decision to not check the offsides and the VAR audio would prove it"

Lol
This doesn't mean there's a conspiracy. I have never said that anyone starts the season, or starts a game and are out to get someone.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

I mean, after something like this, there’s clearly some officials who should not officiate Liverpool, and certainly some who will defend their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad